Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football III: We may lose, but we keep the score close!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Football III: We may lose, but we keep the score close!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Meh. I had no real problem with Robinson's scheme. Michigan's defensive issues are completely personnel-based. They pretty much got the result that you'd expect from a defense with that amount of talent. I can't see anyone that great wanting to replace him because it would be a complete suicide mission.

The big downside to the news--whether it happens now or at the end of the season-- is that it sets Robinson up as the scapegoat, giving Michigan an excuse to keep Rodriguez around for a fourth season.
    + e;venty bilwon

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
      It doesn't matter, the BCS is staying.
      Only until the BCS conferences figure out how to make more money another way.

Since all the bowl games have been ruined forever, there may as well be a playoff. I like my prostitution overt.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Sar'nt View Post
        As a Wisconsin fan, I can buy either of those two arguments, but for Michigan State to drop that much...
        um
        If I hadn't been drinking so much tonight, I'd go into my SEC/Big Ten rant, but, BLUF, the same arguments that everyone uses to justify the SEC are the same ones that they use to denigrate the Big Ten. If MSU loses to a tough Iowa team, it's a sign of weakness, but for Alabama to lose to an SEC team, it's because the conference is that good. FTS.
        Such is the contorted world of college football. I don't have time for an SEC rant right now either. Maybe later. But, the SEC East sure is the weakest I can ever recall.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          I don't have time for an SEC rant right now either. Maybe later. But, the SEC East sure is the weakest I can ever recall.
          No worries. This is the uscho message board. Whenever the letters SEC are even typed, the rant is implied.

You're right about the East. South Carolina is showing some signs of life, but it doesn't really mean anything when Florida and Georgia are so mediocre.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

So I was watching the Nebraska/Missouri game on Saturday and something happened that I had never seen before. Nebraska won the toss and elected to kick off. Then at the start of the 2nd half they kicked off again. Did anyone else see this and know why this happened?

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
              So I was watching the Nebraska/Missouri game on Saturday and something happened that I had never seen before. Nebraska won the toss and elected to kick off. Then at the start of the 2nd half they kicked off again. Did anyone else see this and know why this happened?
              http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/30...flummoxes.html

Nebraska won the toss, but one of the players blurted out that they wanted to kick off, when he should have said that they wanted to defer their choice until the second half. Whoops.
              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Nebraska won the toss, but one of the players blurted out that they wanted to kick off, when he should have said that they wanted to defer their choice until the second half. Whoops.
                Thanks for the info. That was strange.

Comment

A Penn State fan dressed in a blue and yellow Halloween costume sustained a possible broken nose Saturday at 9:25 p.m. after he was assaulted by four unknown Penn State fans at Beaver Stadium, police said.

The men attacked, police said, because they thought the victim was a University of Michigan fan.
                  Dopes.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                    No worries. This is the uscho message board. Whenever the letters SEC are even typed, the rant is implied.

You're right about the East. South Carolina is showing some signs of life, but it doesn't really mean anything when Florida and Georgia are so mediocre.
                    The annoying thing about SEC football is it's so entertaining. It's as if cancer was fun. I wish they'd just go pro officially. The U could take Vandy's slot.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Dopes.
                      Well, to be fair, kid should have known better to wear his X-Man Wolverine costume to the game.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The big downside to the news--whether it happens now or at the end of the season-- is that it sets Robinson up as the scapegoat, giving Michigan an excuse to keep Rodriguez around for a fourth season.
                        I win.

It's all Robinson's fault! All these middling 3-star recruits are going to be exactly like the 4 and 5-star guys Michigan used to get! National title all the way next year! Troy Woolfolk is a better Charles Woodson! Their names are even kind of similar!
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Troy Woolfolk is a better Charles Woodson! Their names are even kind of similar!
                          Well, he was until Angry Michigan Safety Hating God broke his foot.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                            Paging Denny Green. Denny Green, call on Line 1.

Comment

Happened to USC ironically AGAINST Nebraska a few years ago.
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Well, he was until Angry Michigan Safety Hating God broke his foot.
                                Disagree. If he was healthy, he'd just be another one of Michigan's marginally talented big-play-waiting-to-happen jokes in the secondary. He goes down and now all of a sudden Michigan fans have turned him into a Heisman frontrunner.

It's Mike Carman Syndrome, where fans project a player's abilities based on their needs, and not based on a player's skills. Woolfolk may be one of the only players on Michigan's defense that could see the field for a decent college football team, but he's not a difference maker.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X