Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football III: We may lose, but we keep the score close!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football III: We may lose, but we keep the score close!

Boomer Sooner

Re: College Football III: We may lose, but we keep the score close!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Boomer Sooner
    Ironically the phrase was said by some guy when he was getting executed.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

In other news, Mark Dantonio has a very different definition of what "zero tolerance" is than the rest of America.

Sophomore running back Glenn Winston and junior safety Roderick Jenrette, whom MSU identified as being present at the altercation at a fraternity potluck in MSU's Rather Hall, are permanently dismissed from the team. Dantonio said that players who have received second chances for past issues face a "zero tolerance" policy if they are involved in future incidents, which is why Winston and Jenrette were kicked off the team.
      "I have been asked about last year's statement regarding zero tolerance. Zero tolerance means exactly that. We have no tolerance for Chris L. Rucker's actions. I repeat, I have no tolerance for his actions. He was immediately suspended. He has served his civil punishment, and there are other internal disciplinary measures nobody will know about outside the program. Again, zero tolerance does not mean automatic dismissal.
      Last edited by bronconick; 10-29-2010, 11:43 AM.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Ironically the phrase was said by some guy when he was getting executed.
        "Now what's the matter buddy
        Ain't you heard of my school?
        It's number one in the state!"
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          In other news, Mark Dantonio has a very different definition of what "zero tolerance" is than the rest of America.
          He's a Baller, he told em all he would kick their a**.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Notre Dame must fire Brian Kelly over student death

Before Notre Dame reaches a financial settlement with the family of Declan Sullivan, the 20-year-old videographer who died in a tragic practice accident, the school must sever ties with its first-year head football coach.

Kelly should not coach the Irish on Saturday when they take on Tulsa.

We don’t need a thorough and exhaustive investigation to recognize Kelly’s negligence. A coach’s most important job, particularly at the amateur level, is to take every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of the young people under his control.

Kelly failed in the worst way possible.

In recent years, Notre Dame dismissed Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis for failing to win enough games. The school canned George O’Leary for exaggerating on his resume.

Those "crimes" pale in comparison to allowing student managers to go up in 50-foot-tall lifts to film practice in hazardous wind conditions.

Mitigating circumstances do not matter. Notre Dame’s video coordinator should not be held responsible. Declan Sullivan, who tweeted before and during practice the weather conditions were terrifying and life threatening, certainly isn’t to blame.

The head football coach has final say over everything that transpires on the practice field. Everything. That’s why Ohio State’s Jim Tressel moved the Buckeyes’ practice inside on Tuesday when wind gusts made conditions unsafe.

“I don’t know if we’ll be inside or out,” Tressel told Ohio reporters 24 hours before the Notre Dame tragedy. “It looks a little nasty. I worry about our cameramen, their well-being up there 50 feet in the air.”

That’s the proper mindset of a head football coach. He’s paranoid about everything.
            More at link.

Comment

Having played college football and worked with coaches most of my life, I know how Kelly made this mistake. His team is soft. He wanted to test his players mentally and physically in difficult conditions and he wanted to grade the test on tape.

That is a quote from Whitlock in the article. Been busy today, has there been some release of facts that supports Whitlock's assertion?

While the AD and Kelly are ultimately responsible for whatever happens, that is different than attributing motivation to causing the accident. I really hope this was a terrible string of errors in judgment more than a conscious decision to force the kid up there just to prove a point. Either way, the AD and Kelly are accountable but Whitlock's take seems to make a leap before the facts support it.

If Kelly was aware of the wind speed forecast and directed the kid up there anyway then I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Notre Dame's AD needs a swift kick to the nuts, but that's more because his entire press conference was a giant covering of his own *** with stuff like "I was only there 4 or 5 minutes, but it wasn't an unusual day weather wise until a massive gust appeared from nowhere and knocked the thing over."

Uh, dumbass, it was leading news all across the midwest that it was windier than **** out.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/files/ABC1030800.bmp

Noooooooooo!
                  What in the world gives ABC the impression the upper Midwest wants to see Minnesota get steamrollered?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    http://www.hdsportsguide.com/files/ABC1030800.bmp

Noooooooooo!
                    What in the world gives ABC the impression the upper Midwest wants to see Minnesota get steamrollered?
                    Well, they did switch from Miami-Florida State to Stanford-USC a few weeks back. One can hope that after it's 42-0 Buckeyes in the 2nd quarter that we'll get to watch Oregon-USC after that.

Comment

Well, they did switch from Miami-Florida State to Stanford-USC a few weeks back. One can hope that after it's 42-0 Buckeyes in the 2nd quarter that we'll get to watch Oregon-USC after that.
                      I think Oregon-SC is on one of the other ESPN networks, just disappointed 'cause ABC is the only one I get in HD.

Plus, if you're going to make a Big Ten game primetime, why not MSU-Iowa?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                        I think Oregon-SC is on one of the other ESPN networks, just disappointed 'cause ABC is the only one I get in HD.

Plus, if you're going to make a Big Ten game primetime, why not MSU-Iowa?
                        True that!!!
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Notre Dame's AD needs a swift kick to the nuts, but that's more because his entire press conference was a giant covering of his own *** with stuff like "I was only there 4 or 5 minutes, but it wasn't an unusual day weather wise until a massive gust appeared from nowhere and knocked the thing over."

Uh, dumbass, it was leading news all across the midwest that it was windier than **** out.
                          The problem for Notre Dame is the kid's Facebook postings 40 minutes before the accident. They're going to have a tough time shifting blame when it was public record that this kid felt he was in danger and still ended up there anyway.

EDIT: Whitlock is just trying to keep his name out there with the fire Kelly stuff. Unless Kelly had some sort of direct contact with the kid telling him to go up there, which I doubt, he'll probably escape, but somebody at ND is going to get absolutely hammered over this thing.
                          Last edited by MaizeRage; 10-29-2010, 11:53 PM.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

As a gopher fan, I resent this title. We always lose, but somehow beat the spread every game.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              The problem for Notre Dame is the kid's Facebook postings 40 minutes before the accident. They're going to have a tough time shifting blame when it was public record that this kid felt he was in danger and still ended up there anyway.

EDIT: Whitlock is just trying to keep his name out there with the fire Kelly stuff. Unless Kelly had some sort of direct contact with the kid telling him to go up there, which I doubt, he'll probably escape, but somebody at ND is going to get absolutely hammered over this thing.
                              As they should. This is negligent in the fullest sense of the word. Didn't ANYONE think, "Man, maybe this is a really bad idea..."
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                              X