tOSU at NMU Halloween Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tOSU at NMU Halloween Weekend

Well, its Halloween so dress accordingly. More appropriate is which NMU team will show up? Its trick or treat this weekend.

NMU (0-4-1) hosts Ohio State (2-3) at the Berry. Could be a big weekend for points early in the season.

Discuss.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Re: tOSU at NMU Halloween Weekend

Well Northern needs to get off their rears. If they can't take one game this weekend, I quit. Not constructive but honest.
    NMU Puckhead: 2005-2007. Part-time 2007-Present
    NMU Alpha Male 2005-2007

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS- 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010

WIN OR LOSE CATS BOOZE

Comment

OSU has been inconsistent so far, but that is perhaps understandible given the coaching change and loss of 75% of their scoring from last year to the NHL. Decent series against Ferris last weekend, with no puck luck and stupid/excessive penalties on Friday doing them in (2-1 loss). Came back stronger on Sat and recovered well after giving up a lead late in the 2nd to win 5-3. They are definitely playing an up-tempo game relative to previous years. Should be an entertaining series. I predict a split with Northern taking the opener 3-1 (long drive is disadvantage for the visitors) and OSU winning Saturday 4-2.
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

I think Northern celebrated Halloween in Oxford last weekend.

I think that was the weekend best forgotten.

I have no idea what to expect from OSU, and I'm not so sure that Oz knows either. Still a a tough place to play two games. I'll be very happy with one win, but I can't see them bringing six points back with them on the bus ride home.

Comment

So in this senario NMU was dressed as a Slutty Cat?
          Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

NMU's opponents thus far have a combined record of 12-1-4. Miami is now the #1 team in the nation with Duluth at #3 and Tech looming just outside the Top 20 (#22). While I am not thrilled with the results thus far, especially the masacre in Oxford, time will tell the fortunes of this years squad.

I believe they break into the win column with at least one victory this weekend and we see improved play from here on...

Comment

We get a fairly easy schdule for about a month or two here, I think NMU can put the pieces of the puzzle together over that time
              NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                Well, its Halloween so dress accordingly. More appropriate is which NMU team will show up? Its trick or treat this weekend.

NMU (0-4-1) hosts Ohio State (2-3) at the Berry. Could be a big weekend for points early in the season.

Discuss.

Which NMU team will show up? Do you mean the team that lost the 4 games or the team that didn't win the other game?

Also more importantly, will the fans show up? I bet not. I wouldn't pay good money to watch this train wreck of a team right now

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  Which NMU team will show up? Do you mean the team that lost the 4 games or the team that didn't win the other game?

Also more importantly, will the fans show up? I bet not. I wouldn't pay good money to watch this train wreck of a team right now
                  So are you now an individual, or are the group of pot stirrers you professed to be when you supposedly retired last year?
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    So are you now an individual, or are the group of pot stirrers you professed to be when you supposedly retired last year?
                    I'm one person. The original BWK. A little biographical info on me: I attended NMU from 2003-2008, majored in business, lived in Marquette for a year after graduation, but now I have moved far far away. I played hockey for 12 years, so I have at least some hockey experience to back up my dislike of Walt's game calling. I think that about covers it.

p.s. Davy, I would love to take up your offer of going on the air, but the nearest NMU game for me is at Denver and that's still a 10+ hour drive.

Comment

This should be a nice measuring tool for this young NMU team. This is a weekend that they can have some success and give them something to build on. Is Higby hurt?
                      GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
                        This should be a nice measuring tool for this young NMU team. This is a weekend that they can have some success and give them something to build on. Is Higby hurt?
                        You could say almost the same thing about tOSU. Neither team looks to be contending this year, but both seem to at least have hope for the future.

Leaving Thursday morning for the leisurely drive to Marquette. This leaves only Fairbanks on my CCHA tour, and since OSU plays there in January there ain't a chance in hell I'm making that trip this season!

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post

p.s. Davy, I would love to take up your offer of going on the air, but the nearest NMU game for me is at Denver and that's still a 10+ hour drive.

I could swear i remember last year or so when you declined the invitation to discuss the team on air or something.

Comment

Great for the Buckeyes to catch NMU early in the season. Seems like last 4 seasons the cats play dead OCT/NOV/DEC then become more lively after the first of the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                              You could say almost the same thing about tOSU. Neither team looks to be contending this year, but both seem to at least have hope for the future.

Leaving Thursday morning for the leisurely drive to Marquette. This leaves only Fairbanks on my CCHA tour, and since OSU plays there in January there ain't a chance in hell I'm making that trip this season!
                              Have a safe trip! Hope you dont mind a little snow :P
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X