• Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac @ St. Cloud State - 10/29-10/30

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Did we play the Bobcats last year?
    Yeah. Beat us in Hamden 3-1 and 3-2.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Well, they already changed mascots from Braves to Bobcats...
      That's good to know because if you hadn't changed the name the prez would not have allowed your team to come in.
      There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
        That's good to know because if you hadn't changed the name the prez would not have allowed your team to come in.
        ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
          President Potter would not have cared. The former president is a different story.......
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
            ?
            Former president started the whole Fighting Sioux is hostile and abusive. Even though his ancestors bombed Pearl Harbor.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Former president started the whole Fighting Sioux is hostile and abusive. Even though his ancestors bombed Pearl Harbor.
              Saigo had little to do with it. If you didn't notice he did not do much of anything.

First Nation students began organizing to retire the name at UND in 1972. The issue really picked up steam in 1989 when Charlene Teters initiated efforts to retire Chief Illiniwek at University of Illinois. That case brought a lot of national attention to the issue and put it in the spotlight.

Not saying I agree with what's going on at UND. Just a little background info. I can see both sides. If they could have got consent from both Lakota tribes in ND, this would have been a done deal. I can't convince myself I have the right to tell people what they are, or are not offended by.

Comment

Back to Hockey.

SCSU has yet to put together a complete game. We have done some real positive things, but still have areas to improve as expected this time of year.

I would like to see some of So./Jr. class step up and contribute this series. Our So. class is quite small so you can decipher who I am referring to in that category. There was a big improvement in the physical play in the MN series and would like to see that to continue to improve. Reward the guys that are working every shift and committing to a aggressive forecheck.

I thought our PP looked quite sharp last weekend. Great puck movement, just need to pull the trigger a little quicker. Leblanc has great positioning, he just needs to get rid of the hesitation before he shoots and lets the lanes tighten up or close. Nice to see him put 7 shots on goal though. So he is doing much better.

Comment

I like what I see happening. The Huskies are strong from the goaltender out. Lee and Dunn are a strong tandem and the defense is solid and getting better with the addition of Jensen and Gravel. Barta has been great - a bonus. The missing link is goal scoring. Disregarding the first-year players, #11 and #10 are crucial to the success. #27 will get his share of points and what you see is what you get. #19 does many great things. With all the opportunities he gets, if he was a sniper, he'd be a 50 point scorer. Not sure if that will ever happen but he's trying. He's a human vacuum cleaner along the wall. #12 is a 10 goal a year scorer but he does other things well. You can't count on first-year players, but seeing some scoring out of 26, 28 & 23 would fill the gap. They will score more the second half of the year. Of course getting Eddy back would be a major boost to the offense.

Things could be worse. You could be the Gophers with questions at goaltender, even with a senior back there, weak defensive play and some of the same issues up front the Huskies have.
                  "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                    Yeah. Beat us in Hamden 3-1 and 3-2.
                    And if memory serves me right, the Quinnipiac season went downhill after that series with St. Cloud last year.

Bobcats may have revenge on their agenda and could be a very dangerous team for SCSU to play (and possibly overlook) this upcoming weekend.

I think it will be two close low-scoring games.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                      And if memory serves me right, the Quinnipiac season went downhill after that series with St. Cloud last year.
                      Well, we were already in a slide so those 2 losses didn't help.

I think it will be two close low-scoring games.
                      I'd be happy with that. This weekend will be a big test for us.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                        I thought our PP looked quite sharp last weekend.
                        Uh.... come again? I'm not one who only looks at whether we score or not, but honestly, with as much talent as we have, and as brutal as the Gophers have been defensively, I thought our PP was atroch.

On a lighter note, I think I might now get to see the Friday game!
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

[QUOTE=SCSU Euro;4906458]Uh.... come again? I'm not one who only looks at whether we score or not, but honestly, with as much talent as we have, and as brutal as the Gophers have been defensively, I thought our PP was atroch.

I stand by what I said. They looked sharp on the PP. Especially on Friday. They cycled well and had the goalies moving laterally. They just need to finish. That's why I said I like them to shoot without the hesitation. This will come with confidence. Sunday, Patterson robbed us of a couple goals easy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bronzebacks;4906609]
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Uh.... come again? I'm not one who only looks at whether we score or not, but honestly, with as much talent as we have, and as brutal as the Gophers have been defensively, I thought our PP was atroch.

I stand by what I said. They looked sharp on the PP. Especially on Friday. They cycled well and had the goalies moving laterally. They just need to finish. That's why I said I like them to shoot without the hesitation. This will come with confidence. Sunday, Patterson robbed us of a couple goals easy.
                            Lets hump the Bobcats!! We'll do it Husky style!
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

On a lighter note, I think I might now get to see the Friday game!
                              Wanna buy my tickets? $40 face value for the pair... I'll let you have them for $30.
                              scsuhockey.com
                              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                                Wanna buy my tickets? $40 face value for the pair... I'll let you have them for $30.
                                Man you are like a pimp begging someone to #u#K your whore.....
                                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X