Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC @ NU 10/9 -Cody Better Skate w His Head Up

Originally posted by chase.ma View Post
    I really dont see it being a game where BC just beats us by one or two. Is BC more talented? No question, but it is early in the season and funny things happen. You can't underestimate the energy NU will have coming out for the home opener against BC. If BC gets up early, it may be a blowout where they win by 4 or more goals. If it stays close through 2 periods I think it favors NU. If nothing else, expect to see a very intertaining game, lots of penalties, lots of hitting, lots of poor refereeing.
    That's the key to every HE game.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      Bet you say that to all the 'boys'...
      You must spread rep...
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by chase.ma View Post
        I really dont see it being a game where BC just beats us by one or two. Is BC more talented? No question, but it is early in the season and funny things happen. You can't underestimate the energy NU will have coming out for the home opener against BC. If BC gets up early, it may be a blowout where they win by 4 or more goals. If it stays close through 2 periods I think it favors NU. If nothing else, expect to see a very intertaining game, lots of penalties, lots of hitting, lots of poor refereeing.
        Agreed. Never underestimate the power of the Huskies to win this first game in front of a sold out raucous crowd and then drop both games down the stretch to BC late in the season when it really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
          Agreed. Never underestimate the power of the Huskies to win this first game in front of a sold out raucous crowd and then drop both games down the stretch to BC late in the season when it really matters.
          Hey! Sometimes we can manage a tie late in the season!

Comment

Cody to NU, Saponari to BC.... more heads up skating nxt season as well. Nice pick up for the Eagles, tough loss for BU but buck stops with team rules..
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              Cody to NU, Saponari to BC.... more heads up skating nxt season as well. Nice pick up for the Eagles, tough loss for BU but buck stops with team rules..
              It was a tough loss for us, be he had to go with the way he was bringing the team down. Don't forget we got Noonan who you guys had too, and we got Clendening who committed to BC, so we've got a nice little cycle going on around the city. If I didn't have other plans, I'd try and come check this game out, usually a fun time even though I don't really care either way who wins. I guess go huskies, every point that BC doesn't get helps everyone else out.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                tough loss for BU but buck stops with team rules..
                That really seems to depend on whether you're on Jack's A list or B list.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I hope BC gets hyped up and tries to out-hit us. That's how we win in Matthews against them. They get too amped up, get out of their game, are forced into mistakes and wind up losing by a goal. If they don't, they'll win. BC by two with an ENG, for whatever my prediction is worth.

Comment

BC Hockey outscores BC Football this weekend.

Comment

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to say with 95% certainty that NU hockey will outscore NU football this weekend as well.

i also think that NU hockey will outscore BC hockey this weekend, but we already have two goal head start :-)
                      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                        Oh yeah? Well I'm going to say with 95% certainty that NU hockey will outscore NU football this weekend as well.

i also think that NU hockey will outscore BC hockey this weekend, but we already have two goal head start :-)
                        This post was very well done. No joke.

The whole time I was like "OH YEAH? WELL... oh. OH YEAH?!... oh, right. WHA-...oh, yup..."
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

So I guess this game is sold out now... *cough* anybody have a ticket they need/want to sell?
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Just an update for the BC fans who did't follow the games last night: Justin Daniels and Tyler McNeely are both likely out for the game (Daniels got an ankle injury and is probably out for a while, and Mcneely got checked by two PC players and his injury is yet unknown), as well as Alex Tuckerman and Drew Muench. Between last year's players leaving and injuries, we've lost 6 of our top 8 scorers from last year.

I have a sinking feeling the packed DogHouse maybe half gone by the end of the 2nd period, especially if our D plays the way they did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                              Just an update for the BC fans who did't follow the games last night: Justin Daniels and Tyler McNeely are both likely out for the game (Daniels got an ankle injury and is probably out for a while, and Mcneely got checked by two PC players and his injury is yet unknown), as well as Alex Tuckerman and Drew Muench. Between last year's players leaving and injuries, we've lost 6 of our top 8 scorers from last year.

I have a sinking feeling the packed DogHouse maybe half gone by the end of the 2nd period, especially if our D plays the way they did last night.
                              tough brake(s) , the injury bug is still going around for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                                noonan
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X