X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    trust me
    haha whenever someone proceeds an argument with "trust me" a flashy bulb starts going off in my head.

I think he'll do great here, especially if he can split some time with Cannata next year before taking over the role...obviously that is outside our control and is in the hands of Vancouver.

I was extremely impressed by the all freshman line Dennehy rolled out agains UConn..sure it's UConn...but still they looked good together out there...I don't think other's success is souly based on Steph

Don't get me wrong though, he's obviously a HUGE part of this offense, as is Barton and Cucci. But I still think these recruits are pretty solid, especially Bates, he has impressed me tremendously and I'm gonna love watching him progress the next few years.
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

What's up with Velleca? I was impressed by his play last year against BU in the playoffs. Is he hurt or has he been a healthy scratch? Only played in 1 game so far.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Ya not really sure, he scored a goal in the game he played too. I'll raise the question on today's live blog during the Sweden match up at 12.

Always liked Velleca, kid has some wheels

@SalvucciM

Comment

whoever neg repped me joking about how special ed is 1 on 1...please know that you're a d-bag, not my fault you were stuck in some ungodly huge intro class, no need to make fun of the mentally handicapped. I'm sure many of us on here, like me, have autistic family members and friends, there's no place for that kind of middle school crap here, take it someplace else.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
            whoever neg repped me joking about how special ed is 1 on 1...please know that you're a d-bag, not my fault you were stuck in some ungodly huge intro class, no need to make fun of the mentally handicapped. I'm sure many of us on here, like me, have autistic family members and friends, there's no place for that kind of middle school crap here, take it someplace else.
            shake it off. The maturity level of posters runs a wide gamut, don't let some nitwit's anynomous rep get under your skin. Now, more important matters:
            Were there any Swedish moms in attendance at the game on Tuesday? Would have been reason enough to be there!
            Any update on Vellaca?
            What do you think about Frday vs. the Friars?

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              shake it off. The maturity level of posters runs a wide gamut, don't let some nitwit's anynomous rep get under your skin. Now, more important matters:
              Were there any Swedish moms in attendance at the game on Tuesday? Would have been reason enough to be there!
              Any update on Vellaca?
              What do you think about Frday vs. the Friars?
              hahaha wish I could have been there to see for myself, I was stuck in Contracts class...

From what I hear they looked good, granted they had just played Harvard the night before and were probably pretty gassed, they played a tight game at Harvard.

No news on Velleca, I'm hoping to see him in the lineup more. Bates has some serious speed and having Velleca bring that speed to another line would be a great addition I think.

Providence has surprised so far...win against NU, a loss in OT to UML, a tight 1-2 loss at agganis, tie at UMass, win vs UMass.

While the wins against UMass and NU are nothing to brag about (especially with NU losing to two AH teams) they have shown they can skate with BU. They certainly aren't going to be a pushover, they almost ended our season last year when we managed to tie them.

Stick with the forecheck it was very effective against BC I think it's important to keep the puck in the O-Zone and keep the pressure on Beaudry. Wouldn't mind seeing Bates on the stretch every now and then either.

@SalvucciM

Comment

I would also like to know what is up with Vellecca, but no one seems to know. I wish one of the media types would ask Coach Dennehy.

There were no Swedish moms that I could see, but a lot of scouts.

Merrimack is the better team than Providence and must come away with a win before a big home-and-home series with BU.

Comment

ya, I'll be down at PC early, last time I was there coach and I chatted a bit before warmups, if the opportunity arises I'll ask him.

A win is def much needed here, I can only assume the team is focused and ready to to go make it happen

@SalvucciM

Comment

Will be there, as well. Go Warriors!

Comment

I have two tickets for less than face value at center ice for the game at BU next Friday if any Merrimack fan is interested. Let me know with an email or on here.

Comment

Although I agree with some of hoky's points, particularly on the goalie situation, no guarantees that either DaCosta or Cannata are gone after this year. If Nyquist can come back for a junior year, so can DaCosta. I see their biggest issue for next year being Cucci's graduation. He's a solid 2nd line center and I'm not so sure Madsen can provide the game he can for 20 minutes a night. Maybe not even DaCosta plays in the NHL but I look at this Merrimack team and see at least 8-10 players who will play some sort of professional hockey, either minors or Europe. Not a bare cupboard outside of DaCosta as some people surmise.

Comment

PC 2-0 with and ENG. Sigh, the road woes continue. Beaudry with the SO. Congrats to the Friars.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            PC 2-0 with and ENG. Sigh, the road woes continue. Beaudry with the SO. Congrats to the Friars.
                            It's really a shame the boys couldn't grab a point out of the weekend...

Beaudry really was never challenged--a very good goaltender in his own right--but Merrimack got away from the key element in their game: "attack" as Coach Dennehy puts it.

A couple of items that will get lost in this loss:

Mike Collins missed the game-tying goal (and his first collegiate tally) by a few tenths of a second (video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKIT...layer_embedded)

Joe Cannata played very well in this game, his only goal against was a 2nd chance/3rd chance opportunity--not much he could do.

Now the boys need to work hard this week to get ready for the vaunted BU: who I am willing to bet they want a piece of after last year's playoff exit...
                            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                            "Why?"
                            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                              Although I agree with some of hoky's points, particularly on the goalie situation, no guarantees that either DaCosta or Cannata are gone after this year. If Nyquist can come back for a junior year, so can DaCosta.
                              Here's how I see it:

Da Costa is not likely to come back next year. He turned down multiple offers in the offseason--and really, this season is a gift. As a Merrimack fan, I plan on watching him play every game I can, because I don't know when his time will be up.

Cannata is an interesting one--Vancouver can obvously grab him whenever they want. I feel like the year he has will dictate whether or not he comes back. By that I mean if he continues to play this well end to end, he is definitely moving on up. Personally, I think if he struggles the Canucks might be reserved to leave him here for one more season. Ultimately, I see this as his last year because he has been stellar thusfar.

You make a good point that a bunch of these guys could go pro--no doubt in my mind--and it speaks to the quality of recruits that Dennehy has turned around since he adopted the program...
                              "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                              "Why?"
                              "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Line shake up for this weekend against BU? Where is Velleca, strap some skates to that kid and get him in there.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Working...
                                X