Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

$10 to watch these games online on hockeyprimetime.com.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Do people expect this tournament to be well attended? I mean it seems like it will be a long trip for each of the teams involved in this. Since this is being played at an NHL arena won't it look pretty empty?

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
        Since this is being played at an NHL arena won't it look pretty empty?
        My fear is it will BE pretty empty.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
          My fear is it will BE pretty empty.
          I'm having trouble figuring out the rationale for putting this here. It's an early season tournament that people in town likely won't see much reason to come for, and it being very far away from all four schools, their fans likely are saving the money for other trips, like myself. At least put this near one of the schools participating so there's guaranteed to be at least a few thousand fans.
          time to write new history

Comment

My question is why was the Ice Breaker scheduled AFTER the first regular season hockey game. Hasn't the first game usually started before any other game that counts (think there are usually other games the same day, but not as early).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

The Friday/Sunday format of the Tournament makes it difficult for most ppl to travel to the gm. I believe the St. Louis Blues Home Opener is that Saturday. Would be a fun wknd of Hockey though. I would go, but I am traveling to Madison next wknd for the UW/OSU gm. My parents will be at the Scottrade Center though cheering on UW as they live there. St Louis is a fun city though. Downtown is active and the Budwesier tour is free.
              Wisconsin Badgers 6X National Champions! 1973-1977-1981-1983-1990-2006

The only good Gopher is a DEAD GOPHER!!!

Comment

BTW, for anyone not going, we'll be live blogging all four games. Blog link in my sig.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Do people expect this tournament to be well attended? I mean it seems like it will be a long trip for each of the teams involved in this. Since this is being played at an NHL arena won't it look pretty empty?
                  My guess would be 5k. 2,000 Badger fans, 2,000 locals, 980 BU & ND fans, and 20 family members of Holy Cross players.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                    My guess would be 5k. 2,000 Badger fans, 2,000 locals, 980 BU & ND fans, and 20 family members of Holy Cross players.
                    Don't forget the 1,000 person badger band
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I sat behind him at a UW scrimmage on Saturday and he was definately not Sir Flopsalot. He was more of a Sir Iwanderoutofthecreasealot, which did bother me.

How ironic UW finished last year with 1 Bahstin team, and they start with one this year. This one will end better than the last.

Let's go RED!
                      Well that's where it starts. He wanders too far out of the crease or just for fun behind the crease or all the way over to the boards. When this happens and he gets caught he needs to flop to get back in position, hence Sir Flopsalot.

We couldn't put a leash on him after a year and it sounds like he hasn't learned from it at Wisconsin either. A shame he doesn't get the start.

Comment

So it will have 5K times as many people as a Ohio State game

Comment

There were barely 2000 Badger fans at the Frozen Four.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                            $10 to watch these games online on hockeyprimetime.com.
                            Oh great... you're spamming now too?
                            Originally posted by solovsfett
                            To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

This could be interesting. Also going on this weekend is the Jr Icebreaker with more than 100 youth hockey teams from around the country playing games around the city.

I am looking forward to see how the new Terriers play against Wisco. Hope Millan doesn't have jet lag.

Good memories of my last trip to St Louis. Hope to have the same coming home Monday.

Sparty on!
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                                This could be interesting. Also going on this weekend is the Jr Icebreaker with more than 100 youth hockey teams from around the country playing games around the city.

I am looking forward to see how the new Terriers play against Wisco. Hope Millan doesn't have jet lag.

Good memories of my last trip to St Louis. Hope to have the same coming home Monday.

Sparty on!
                                It hopefully will be well attended, It's a big hockey weekend in St. Louis with the Jr. Icebreaker at a bunch of local rinks around the area, Blues Home/Season Opener against Philly on Saturday, the Icebreaker Tourney and a bunch of pregame events before the games Friday Saturday and Sunday. In addition Wisconsin and Notre Dame have lots of Alumni and the campuses are only about 5.5 hrs away and Wisconsin has a couple local players, John Ramage in particular is the son of a former St. Louis Blue Rob Ramage for casual fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X