B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: CCHA TV schedule released - 5 games on Big 10 Network

No surprises. Heavily oriented towards Michigan and Michigan State coverage.

Comment

Looks like I'll have my fair share of early games that I can check out before the Gophers' games. Thank you, sports package.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

6 games on Big Ten Network.

Comment

Nine of the CCHA’s 11 teams will appear in regular-season action on FOX Sports Detroit, including four during the fifth annual ‘Hockey Day in Michigan’ on Saturday, Jan. 29. Miami will visit Notre Dame in the first game at 5:05 p.m., followed by Michigan and Michigan State playing at Joe Louis Arena at 7:35 p.m.
          It's too bad they couldn't find any other local teams from Michigan to air that day. Change the name to "NO hockey in Michigan Day". Granted MU vs ND will be a good game, but it doesn't fit the motif.
          No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            6 games on Big Ten Network.
            I missed the note on the Big Chill coverage...

It will be interesting to see the Minnesota and Wisconsin TV schedules when they come out to see just how many games are on the BTN...
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Now that we get the Comcast Channel, it looks I'll be keeping an eye on a lot more CCHA games while listening to the Tech audio stream. The silver lining to the forced digital transition, I guess.

And I completely agree on the scheduling FAIL for Hockey Day in Michigan.

Comment

Michigan shows up 5 times on the BTN.

M @ Mn Nov 28, Sunday (CHS)
                M @ Tosu Dec 3, Fri
                M @ MSC Jan 7, Fri
                M V Tosu Feb 11 Fri
                M V Tosu Feb 12 Sat
                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Now that we get the Comcast Channel, it looks I'll be keeping an eye on a lot more CCHA games while listening to the Tech audio stream. The silver lining to the forced digital transition, I guess.

And I completely agree on the scheduling FAIL for Hockey Day in Michigan.
                  Does the "Comcast Channel" that you get air all the Notre Dame/MSU/UM games? Or is it just regional where you'll get the Wolverines, South Bend gets ND only, etc.?

*EDIT*
                  Ouch. CCHA Championship relegated to FSN-D+? Pistons/Red Wings conflict? Yep, Wings are at Predators at 8pm ET on FS-D.
                  Last edited by aparch; 09-28-2010, 08:24 AM.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                    It's too bad they couldn't find any other local teams from Michigan to air that day. Change the name to "NO hockey in Michigan Day". Granted MU vs ND will be a good game, but it doesn't fit the motif.
                    Have no idea if you're being sarcastic, but Northern's at Western that night. Granted, we've sucked for the last half decade, but at least we fit the mitten.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The Notre Dame game was likely picked because the production truck and cameras are already in town for the day before for FSN-Det. So they stay the extra day and air the second game on CBS-College before FSN does their "Hockey Day in Michigan" coverage from the Joe.

Funny how Comcast Television (a local produced channel) has no problem paying for a truck to drive all across the western side of the state and FSN-Detroit (a regional sports net) sh**s their pants if they have to drive further than Lansing.

*edit* I think the last time NMU faced off against Western on TV was during a Hockey Day in Michigan telecast... in 2006.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        The Notre Dame game was likely picked because the production truck and cameras are already in town for the day before for FSN-Det. So they stay the extra day and air the second game on CBS-College before FSN does their "Hockey Day in Michigan" coverage from the Joe.

Funny how Comcast Television (a local produced channel) has no problem paying for a truck to drive all across the western side of the state and FSN-Detroit (a regional sports net) sh**s their pants if they have to drive further than Lansing.

*edit* I think the last time NMU faced off against Western on TV was during a Hockey Day in Michigan telecast... in 2006.
                        I'll spring for the $20 in gas it would cost to get from South Bend to Kalamazoo.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Diesel costs may increase by then. Hell, I'll donate $20 to the cause too to see my 'Cats on TV more.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Looks like I'll have my fair share of early games that I can check out before the Gophers' games. Thank you, sports package.
                            I just signed up for it as well.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's the breakdown for the CCHA TV schedule:

Every available source (including Comcast Local in Michigan)
                              Code:
                              Team                On TV    Home Team
                              Alaska        	        2	0
                              Bowling Green    	3	1
                              Ferris State	        6	2
                              Lake Superior     	1	0
                              Miami                   8	3
                              Michigan                19	12
                              Michigan State    	19	14
                              Northern Michigan	3	0
                              Notre Dame	        4	3
                              Ohio State	        7	3
                              Western Michigan	4	2

Every network except Comcast Television (Michigan Local)
                              Code:
                              Team        	    On TV    Home Team
                              Alaska                  1	0
                              Bowling Green        	1	0
                              Ferris State	        3	1
                              Lake Superior	        0	0
                              Miami	                7	3
                              Michigan	        12	7
                              Michigan State        	11	7
                              Northern Michigan	1	0
                              Notre Dame	        2	2
                              Ohio State	        5	3
                              Western Michigan	1	0

Fox Sports Detroit, FSN-D+ (Only)
                              Code:
                              FSN-Detroit	On TV	Home
                              Alaska	                1	0
                              Bowling Green	        1	0
                              Ferris State	        1	1
                              Lake Superior    	1	0
                              Miami	                1	1
                              Michigan        	1	4
                              Michigan State    	1	4
                              Northern Michigan	1	0
                              Notre Dame        	1	1
                              Ohio State        	1	0
                              Western Michigan	1	0
                              Comcast Television (Only)
                              Code:
                              Team	            On TV	Home
                              Alaska                  1	0
                              Bowling Green        	2	1
                              Ferris State    	3	1
                              Lake Superior    	1	0
                              Miami            	1	0
                              Michigan        	7	5
                              Michigan State    	8	7
                              Northern Michigan	2	0
                              Notre Dame        	2	1
                              Ohio State        	2	0
                              Western Michigan	3	2

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X