X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference Pt II - The Exodus

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    oh come on, it's not like some now-dead neo-nazi used his dirty $100,000,000 to build a library or anything to help learning in Grand Forks, is it?
    If we didn't already have a library he might have done so.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
      Yeah, but who's going to protest a library??
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Also, his second point is completely ridiculous. People are not going to pay $3 a game for even a small chunk of the season just to watch it on a computer screen. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
        You do know you can hook a computer up to a tv and get up to 1080p, if you have a old computer lying around still you could set it up for streaming to you tv.
        Originally posted by Mankato student
        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
        -- Peter Klein

Comment

you already had a rink.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Except that Minnesota is cashing a $10,000,000 check yearly that they're doing literally less than nothing to earn and will be told to suck it up and deal with it. If they're lucky, the BTN will deign to sell the extra game's rights to Fox Sports North...and then split the profit 12 ways.
            You're mistaking my concern as that for the University, rather than for the people of the state of MN. See, I'll turn on the Gophers telecast, even though I'm not a Gopher fan. I know a lot of people that will. How many people like me will go and find the game online? How many of those that are casual fans will be willing to pay to view? Certainly, the Big 10 can tell the Gophs to "suck it up and deal with it," but they aren't gonna be happy (nor are the Gophs) when viewership drops by a factor of 10 in this state. Like I said, there are too many other options right now, and ****ing off those casual fans (who have the potential to become the bigger part of your audience) isn't very smart.
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Except that Minnesota is cashing a $10,000,000 check yearly that they're doing literally less than nothing to earn....
              yawn

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                you already had a rink.
                If that's what you want to call it. Obviously it didn't hold the 11,000 people who want to attend games. That was a necessary upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Happy of course. You should know that by now.

Comment

Happy of course. You should know that by now.
                    Yeah, Happy would be against people getting smart.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank the Tank View Post
                      With online hockey broadcasts, the production costs are actually fairly low because you can get by with one camera. It would not take that many online PPV buyers to make money on each game.
                      One camera? Frank hockey is a religion in the state of Minnesota they will not put up with one camera.

Except that Minnesota is cashing a $10,000,000 check yearly that they're doing literally less than nothing to earn and will be told to suck it up and deal with it. If they're lucky, the BTN will deign to sell the extra game's rights to Fox Sports North...and then split the profit 12 ways.
                      Directors Cup

Minnesota finished nationally in 18th place overall with OSU and PSU finishing ahead of them. I bet the other Big Ten AD's would say Minnesota is pulling their own weight.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Directors Cup

Minnesota finished nationally in 18th place overall with OSU and PSU finishing ahead of them. I bet the other Big Ten AD's would say Minnesota is pulling their own weight.
                        And that 18 is without collecting any points from Men's Ice hockey this year.

Hmmmm..... Colgate, Holy Cross, UMASS, Niagara, North Dakota, Quinnipiac and Robert Morris all tied each other in the Directors Cup for the last place D1 School there. North Dakota I would assume only got points from Hockey as that the rest of their athletic department is postseason eligable yet, but yeah, thats pretty bad everybody else.

Note, the D2 and D3 schools that play up in D1 hockey would all be listed under their respective divisions for this.

It just happens.

Comment

If that's what you want to call it. Obviously it didn't hold the 11,000 people who had nothing else in their lives to do in that god-forsaken wasteland except to attend games. That was a necessary upgrade.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Imagine the irony though. A Nazi providing books.

Comment

And that 18 is without collecting any points from Men's Ice hockey this year.

Hmmmm..... Colgate, Holy Cross, UMASS, Niagara, North Dakota, Quinnipiac and Robert Morris all tied each other in the Directors Cup for the last place D1 School there. North Dakota I would assume only got points from Hockey as that the rest of their athletic department is postseason eligable yet, but yeah, thats pretty bad everybody else.
                              I bet those Director's Cup t-shirts are selling like hot cakes up there!

I'm thinking that whatever Minnesota was good at that got them that high in the DC had very little impact on the revenue that the Big Ten members split.

Director's Cup? Seriously? THAT'S what UM fans are proud of?

Comment

Yeah, would have to think that for at least the local Minnesota area, they would have to at least broadcast the games on TV. Gopher fans that are further away, say like in Florida would still likely tolerate going online to view the games.
                                I may not live in Florida but Long Beach isn't exactly within the Twin Cities media market. I for one WILL NOT PAY for online streaming gopher hockey games or wisconsin games. With the direct tv sports package I get several college games throughout the season without mn or wi games I don't know if I would keep that package during the winter season. I'll just have to resort to watching the kings and ducks for my hockey fix.

D1 Hockey vacuum of SoCal

Comment

Working...
                                X