UML Season almost here!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Season almost here!!!!!!

Hockey season is just right around the corner!!! Where will UML finish? New score board and improvements to the arena it should be an exciting year for hockey!!!

Re: UML Season almost here!!!!!!

Preseason game is 10 days away!
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
      Hockey season is just right around the corner!!! Where will UML finish?
      8th
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        8th
        I can't disagree. But with this many freshmen ... I'm just looking forward to their exhibition game to see what they can do. Not in terms of results, but speed, shot strength, etc .... just to gauge the level of kids coming in. I know there are a couple of kids I'm definitely looking forward to watching this season.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
          Hockey season is just right around the corner!!! Where will UML finish? New score board and improvements to the arena it should be an exciting year for hockey!!!
          8th or 9th

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I can't disagree. But with this many freshmen ... I'm just looking forward to their exhibition game to see what they can do. Not in terms of results, but speed, shot strength, etc .... just to gauge the level of kids coming in. I know there are a couple of kids I'm definitely looking forward to watching this season.
            It will also be interesting to see what type of jump in play some of the veterans make this year. Obviously, a lot will depend on the play of the young defense and goaltending, but they also need many of the veterans to step up their play and production.

Comment

According to this link, NESN will be broadcasting a couple of games from the
              Tsongas this season.

Fri. Jan. 14 Massachusetts at UMass Lowell
              Sat. Feb. 19 Maine at UMass Lowell

http://insidecollegehockey.com/1Sche...hedules_tv.htm

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Yikes. Must've been some slim pickings that night.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

According to this link, NESN will be broadcasting a couple of games from the
                  Tsongas this season.

Sat. Feb. 19 Maine at UMass Lowell

http://insidecollegehockey.com/1Sche...hedules_tv.htm
                  Once again, NESN is acting like the bu student TV station. We'll be allowed to see 8 terriere games this year in addition to games picked up by other outlets. Oh joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Yikes. Must've been some slim pickings that night.
                    I don't believe students will be back yet from break, so yeah ... that's going to be ugly.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                      Once again, NESN is acting like the bu student TV station. We'll be allowed to see 8 terriere games this year in addition to games picked up by other outlets. Oh joy!
                      I wonder if BU has a seperate deal with NESN, in addition to the deal Hockey East has. That is probably why the large number of games. Some Quinnipiac games are also listed because they have a deal with NESN to broacast a couple games.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        I know there are a couple of kids I'm definitely looking forward to watching this season.
                        Go Melchiori!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          7 times out of 17 games not including the Beanpot is a bit much

Comment

I wonder if BU has a seperate deal with NESN, in addition to the deal Hockey East has. That is probably why the large number of games. Some Quinnipiac games are also listed because they have a deal with NESN to broacast a couple games.
                            BU had a separate deal with NESN last year and it looks like they have one again this year. The 10/22, 11/19, 1/15, 1/22, and 2/26 games are all bonus games. Only the 1/21 and 2/25 games are part of the regular Hockey East Friday Night package... unless NESN just added more coverage on their own this year, which I kinda doubt.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Go Melchiori!!!!!!
                              Shh don't tell anyone.
                              Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X