Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penn State - Division I Hockey 2.0 Recruits

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    I thought I heard they would announce a new coach after the Frozen Four.
    That would be in the spring, wouldn't it?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Re: Penn State - Division I Hockey 2.0

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      To be fair, the only one of those things that mattered was a filthy ****ing rich donor. It's funny how things just sort of happen when money is around.
      Since when is money a bad thing????
      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
      Go you Green and White
      Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight with all your might!
      Rah! Rah! Rah!
      We are here to cheer you
      We are out to win your fame,
      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        I thought I heard they would announce a new coach after the Frozen Four.
        We will give you Don Lucia and John Hill that should make your search short and sweet :-)
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          That would be in the spring, wouldn't it?

Powers &8^]
          I am being more clear. )P
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
            We will give you Don Lucia and John Hill that should make your search short and sweet :-)
            Is this quote directed at me? lol
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
              Since when is money a bad thing????
              Since January 20, 2009.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I spoke with Joe Battista on Friday night about the latest on the new arena and the search for the varsity coach.

Sorry that the audio is a bit out of synch.

******* width="640" height="390">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTbJJ5gVBIE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTbJJ5gVBIE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

We Are - Penn State Hockey

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Penn State has apparently decided to expand its sports programs to produce maximum revenue. Hopefully some portion of the revenue from sports programs will be used to educate the next generation of students in areas outside of athletics.
                    The football program of course led the way, followed by the basketball program, the lacrosse program with Tambolini, and now the ice hockey program with the new rink. This "state" school is becoming less dependent upon tax dollars to fund athletic programs. This is a good thing as long as the primary goal of the university and the best interests of its student athletes is not subordinated to profit and expedience - and let's not pretend that such consequences are beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                      Penn State has apparently decided to expand its sports programs to produce maximum revenue. Hopefully some portion of the revenue from sports programs will be used to educate the next generation of students in areas outside of athletics.
                      The football program of course led the way, followed by the basketball program, the lacrosse program with Tambolini, and now the ice hockey program with the new rink. This "state" school is becoming less dependent upon tax dollars to fund athletic programs. This is a good thing as long as the primary goal of the university and the best interests of its student athletes is not subordinated to profit and expedience - and let's not pretend that such consequences are beyond belief.
                      Penn State's athletic department is self-sufficient and receives no tax dollars from the state. Thanks for playing though.
                      Penn State: Annoying everyone in college hockey since September 17, 2010.
                      1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 ACHA National Champions

Thank You Terry: A Penn State Hockey Blog

Comment

...the lacrosse program with Tambolini...
                        As you probably know, it's Tambroni. After leading Cornell to 3 Final Fours in the last 4 years he left for Penn State. He will be missed more for the person he is, the way he ran the program, the success his players had in the classroom and in the community, than for all the wins and the Final Fours. Pure class.

Comment

If that's your concern, Penn State ought to be among the least of your worries.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            We Are - Penn State Hockey

Really well done video.
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                              Really well done video.
                              Just have to point out that UAH defeated Penn State way back in 1984 for the National Club Hockey Championship (not to mention won the same title in 1983 and 1985) and has had a much longer and storied existence than the Nittany Lions in ice hockey. I understand that a rich donor can go a long way in today's world as well as the fact that PSU is a Big 10 (umm, 12) school; however, it is quite disgusting how the CCHA (and presumably the rest of Div I hockey) have basically given UAH the proverbial finger (it was kind of a number of schools to come down to Huntsville to play some away games this season and hopefully next; thereafter, who knows). A conference home should not be so difficult; should it?

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
                                Just have to point out that UAH defeated Penn State way back in 1984 for the National Club Hockey Championship (not to mention won the same title in 1983 and 1985) and has had a much longer and storied existence than the Nittany Lions in ice hockey. I understand that a rich donor can go a long way in today's world as well as the fact that PSU is a Big 10 (umm, 12) school; however, it is quite disgusting how the CCHA (and presumably the rest of Div I hockey) have basically given UAH the proverbial finger (it was kind of a number of schools to come down to Huntsville to play some away games this season and hopefully next; thereafter, who knows). A conference home should not be so difficult; should it?
                                We actually played UAH a couple times in the 90s when they were on top of DII and were duly smoked.

Completely agree that what's happened there is an absolute travesty. Those guys have my utmost respect for fighting the good fight, as do the schools that travel down there for games - I'm thrilled that there's a chance of things working out for both schools...as of today, there's news that BTHC might be bumped up a year to 2013-14, so I hope that causes the shakeup they need.

I also hope that people remember to place blame where it belongs, with the CCHA.
                                Penn State: Annoying everyone in college hockey since September 17, 2010.
                                1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 ACHA National Champions

Thank You Terry: A Penn State Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X