X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football II: The BCS hits the Fan

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I want to hear the explanation why the color of turf has an impact on its durability with respect to weather conditions.
    It's not necessarily more durable, but they say it does hold heat better. That's important because the school in question, Barrow, is in the Arctic Circle.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Almost forgot about them.

I think there's also a HS in Alaska with Blue Turf as well, worlds northernest football field. I believe the company actually recommended they get the blue turf there because it would hold up better to the enviroment up there. Not easy to ship turf up there, and well, its not something you want to replace often.
      whimps- even my nephew's school in North Pole has real turf.

(you made me look...)

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
        It's not necessarily more durable, but they say it does hold heat better. That's important because the school in question, Barrow, is in the Arctic Circle.
        That could be it right there.

Anybody else see this?? Rebel Black Bear

Admiral Akbar is not happy with this.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Anybody else see this?? Rebel Black Bear

Admiral Akbar is not happy with this.
          They might want to consider going with a mascot that is indigenous to the state...

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/American_Black_bear_map.png******

Comment

Geez, between them, Alabama's "Crimson Tide Elephant", and Florida's crocodile on their media guide a few years back, you'd think the SEC don't care 'bout no book learnin'.

I think it's about time for PETA to make another run at South Carolina, too.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Geez, between them, Alabama's "Crimson Tide Elephant", and Florida's crocodile on their media guide a few years back, you'd think the SEC don't care 'bout no book learnin'.
              Well, the "S" in SEC does stand for "South"...

I'm surprised the flag the bear carries isn't the Stars and Bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                They might want to consider going with a mascot that is indigenous to the state...

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/American_Black_bear_map.png******
                Well, that map is probably not 100% accurate, we have recently had some blackbears found close to where I grew up in southern MN, maybe they're expanding their territory. Besides, it looks like the bottom tip of Alabama is highlighted!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well, the "S" in SEC does stand for "South"...

I'm surprised the flag the bear carries isn't the Stars and Bars.
                  I'm just disappointed this lost.

*****http://www.oxfordmississippi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/admiral-ackbar-ole-miss-mascot-480x300.jpg******
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Well, that map is probably not 100% accurate, we have recently had some blackbears found close to where I grew up in southern MN, maybe they're expanding their territory. Besides, it looks like the bottom tip of Alabama is highlighted!
                    Come on dude, the map is from Wikipedia so it HAS to be right. Who are you going to believe: Wikipedia or your own lying eyes?

Comment

Come on dude, the map is from Wikipedia so it HAS to be right. Who are you going to believe: Wikipedia or your own lying eyes?
                      The "Rebel Black Bear" is based on Mississippi Native, William Faulkner's novella "The Bear" about a monstrous, almost immortal bear that wreaks havoc throughout the forests of Mississippi in 1940s...I'm guessing that map would be a bit different if it were the 1940s
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        The "Rebel Black Bear" is based on Mississippi Native, William Faulkner's novella "The Bear" about a monstrous, almost immortal bear that wreaks havoc throughout the forests of Mississippi in 1940s...I'm guessing that map would be a bit different if it were the 1940s
                        I'm sure Alabama is amused that Mississippi chose a bear as its mascot. I wonder if they'll have him wear a checkered houndstooth hat, too.

Comment

Heard on Phoenix radio this morning that the Pac Ten ADs have voted, by a 7-5, to approve a divisional alignment scheme. One division would be UCLA, USC, ASU U of A, Colorado, and Utah. The other would be the Oregon and Washington schools, along with Stanford and Cal. As an ASU fan, I think this is a pretty good alignment, but I'm sure Stanford and Cal are hopping mad. I wonder if they will make any scheduling provisions for the California schools to play every season, as I know that the Oregon and Washington schools also wanted regular visits to southern California for recruiting purposes.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            Heard on Phoenix radio this morning that the Pac Ten ADs have voted, by a 7-5, to approve a divisional alignment scheme. One division would be UCLA, USC, ASU U of A, Colorado, and Utah. The other would be the Oregon and Washington schools, along with Stanford and Cal. As an ASU fan, I think this is a pretty good alignment, but I'm sure Stanford and Cal are hopping mad. I wonder if they will make any scheduling provisions for the California schools to play every season, as I know that the Oregon and Washington schools also wanted regular visits to southern California for recruiting purposes.
                            Ouch - you know they're hoping not to have too many 7-5 votes! Not good for the unity of a newly expanded conference.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

There are a number of reports that Pat Haden, USC's AD, opposes splitting the California schools and wants a scheduling format where all the California schools would all play each other every year, even if in separate divisions. His problem is that all for Pacific Northwest schools would roundly oppose that, as it would reduce their trips to the recruiting hotbed of southern California. But, as this ESPN blog notes, maybe some compromise can be reached where revenue sharing is balanced a bit more than it is now. Very interesting.

Also makes you wonder, if all four California schools opposed this setup, who was the fifth vote against it? No obvious candidates in my mind.

http://http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfna...d-to-the-north
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                There are a number of reports that Pat Haden, USC's AD, opposes splitting the California schools and wants a scheduling format where all the California schools would all play each other every year, even if in separate divisions. His problem is that all for Pacific Northwest schools would roundly oppose that, as it would reduce their trips to the recruiting hotbed of southern California. But, as this ESPN blog notes, maybe some compromise can be reached where revenue sharing is balanced a bit more than it is now. Very interesting.

Also makes you wonder, if all four California schools opposed this setup, who was the fifth vote against it? No obvious candidates in my mind.

http://http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfna...d-to-the-north
                                Maybe it was one of the Arizona schools? If the Cali's were together, they would have likely be in a division with them. Thats my best guess at it.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X