Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
    Count me as not excited. I think a college hockey conference with 6 teams is pretty lame. I wish the CCHA and WCHA were still intact. Maybe traditional CCHA and WCHA rivalries will be maintained for a while but for how long? I think that several smaller schools were essentially abandoned and I worry about their futures as well.
    I can't disagree, but maybe with the Big Ten and breakaway conference forming there will be room for expansion from fledgling DII or start-up programs. It's the only good I can see- hoping that BG, LSSU and Ferris align with the Atlantic along with UAH in order to preserve their programs.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      I can't disagree, but maybe with the Big Ten and breakaway conference forming there will be room for expansion from fledgling DII or start-up programs. It's the only good I can see- hoping that BG, LSSU and Ferris align with the Atlantic along with UAH in order to preserve their programs.
      I was looking at the profiles of our team and wow we are loaded. Maybe this year we will win a National Championship again.

Me, I like Big 10 hockey. Lots of games to watch over and over again on the Big 1o channel and lots exposure for players and the Big 10 hockey programs. In the Big Picture more people may be watching College hockey and thats good for the game.

Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Robin View Post
        Me, I like Big 10 hockey. Lots of games to watch over and over again on the Big 1o channel and lots exposure for players and the Big 10 hockey programs. In the Big Picture more people may be watching College hockey and thats good for the game.

Go Blue!
        I'm a little disappointed the B1G is forming. But then again, I was disappointed when UM left the WCHA. Three things can happen;
        A) The smaller schools to be in the newer WCHA can't compete and fold or drop down to DII. Bad, definately bad,
        B) They do manage to compete, even if at a lesser level (ECAC vs HEA) would be better than A),
        C) Nothing really changes. Which would be ok too.

I beleive the impetus for going to tBTHC was not just PSU, but the BTN. I think PSU would have been fine in the 12 team CCHA w/ UM, MSU and tOSU. tBTN however, they wanted the rights to those B1G games. ESPN and VS has to market nationally where as the BTN markets primarily to B1G country. That region loves hockey!! Minnesota-check, MIchigan-check, Wisconsin-check, even PA, Ohio and Illinois have NHL teams. My hope is that tBTN actually airs those games. Not just the conference games, but the nc's as well. With the number of nc's they will have they should be able to have a game of the week type show on a tuesday or wednesday. Those wouldn't even have to be great matchups. Minnesota vs SCSU, Wisc vs MTU, MSU vs WMU, UM vs LSSU. Those would be the only game on that night. Then if they managed to get the great matchups, Minn vs UND, Wisc vs DU, or Mich vs BC all the better.
        No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
        X