Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Isn't this the first time you guys have ever played Union College?
    Yep. First time playing Bentley also.

Comment

Isn't it only natural that a home and home agreement be made.

Why would the WCHA only play Michigan in their barn.

I hope Michigan Tech is back at Yost sometime soon.

Comment

Meet your 2011 jerseys.

http://www.mden.com/shopping/category.cgi?2031

What on earth was Adidas thinking on that white jersey?

Comment

And what about the stitching on the M for the away and blue jersey's??

http://www.mden.com/thumbnail/ADH1100
          http://www.mden.com/thumbnail/ADH1102

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

Why would the WCHA only play Michigan in their barn.
            Because they will be relegated to a minor conference now? Because UND and Denver (and to some degree the rest leaving) think that their programs are above what would have been a revised WCHA after the Badgers and Gophers left? I love the delicious irony of this only because the righteous W fans were the same pious bunch ridiculing the CCHA for snubbing UAH and not doing "what was best for the game" LOL.

I don't like what is happening... I didn't think the BTHC was about the best interests of college hockey, nor do I think that all of the members moving to it really wanted it. Now, teams are reacting to keep up with the Jones. I personally wanted realignment but this is ridiculous. I think Michigan will try to schedule as many orphans from the old W and C as much as they can- and yes, I would like to see them at Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

I don't like what is happening... I didn't think the BTHC was about the best interests of college hockey, nor do I think that all of the members moving to it really wanted it. Now, teams are reacting to keep up with the Jones. I personally wanted realignment but this is ridiculous. I think Michigan will try to schedule as many orphans from the old W and C as much as they can- and yes, I would like to see them at Yost.
              With what is going down right now, I'd like to see Michigan and Michigan State sign contracts with Ferris for one home and home series a year for the foreseeable future, as well as agree to make one trip to the UP per year. These guys are really going to need some help, and I hope the state's flagship schools will pinch in.
              Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                With what is going down right now, I'd like to see Michigan and Michigan State sign contracts with Ferris for one home and home series a year for the foreseeable future, as well as agree to make one trip to the UP per year. These guys are really going to need some help, and I hope the state's flagship schools will pinch in.
                Agreed, It would be great to see U of M and MSU continue to come north to UP schools, here's to hoping Mel's connections can make that happen.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post

Yes I was wondering the same thing.
                  Why the stitching on the M?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                    Yes I was wondering the same thing.
                    Why the stitching on the M?
                    Nike used that stitching, too. It just never looked that obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post

Better yet, all but the infant/toddler Adidas jerseys prominently feature the name Reebok just under the neck.

Comment

Michigan uniforms are the most BEAUTIFUL uniforms in college hockey.
                        Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                          Meet your 2011 jerseys.

http://www.mden.com/shopping/category.cgi?2031

What on earth was Adidas thinking on that white jersey?
                          What design hasn't Michigan used yet, so we can get as many people as possible to buy a new one?

Comment

as a gopher fan, im curious as to what michigan/michigan state fans think of the big ten hockey conference. excited or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                              I'll have to look at that October trip to Northern. I thought about it last year, but held out for a St. Paul trip that wound up happening instead. I guess part of my schedule cynicism is because a trip to Northern really should be in the winter. When it coincides with football season some of the charm wears off.
                              I had to go up to Escanaba for work a few years ago. I scheduled it for the same weekend UM was at NMU. I took my dad with me but never bothered to get hotel reservations. I mean, it was Marquette in October. Turned out that weekend was family weekend. We ended up staying in Munising. We did manage to get tickets to the MTU v NMU football game and tailgated by the Dome. A lot windier by Lake Superior than by the Pioneer High School. My brats kept blowing off the grill!!@#$?
                              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                                as a gopher fan, im curious as to what michigan/michigan state fans think of the big ten hockey conference. excited or no?
                                Count me as not excited. I think a college hockey conference with 6 teams is pretty lame. I wish the CCHA and WCHA were still intact. Maybe traditional CCHA and WCHA rivalries will be maintained for a while but for how long? I think that several smaller schools were essentially abandoned and I worry about their futures as well.
                                Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                                I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Working...
                                X