THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

According to The Michigan Daily, Llewellyn and Fallon suspended for remainder of the season for "violating team expectations." So fewer boneheaded penalties are expected the rest of the season as that essentially ends Tristin's U-M career. Disappointed in Fallon. He got in trouble twice with the NTDP last year--suspended a semester due to alcohol violation, then was part of the sexual harassment allegations with Merrill, Clare, Matt Nieto that saw them suspended and Fallon leave the team. Now one semester in to freshman year and suspended for another semester. Daily said he can rejoin the team next year if his behavior improves. But seriously, does he even deserve another chance?
    Michigan Hockey Net
    Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

*raises eyebrows*

Just so you know, I added that to mgoblog.
      Last edited by Hammer; 01-12-2011, 05:19 PM.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
        According to The Michigan Daily, Llewellyn and Fallon suspended for remainder of the season for "violating team expectations." So fewer boneheaded penalties are expected the rest of the season as that essentially ends Tristin's U-M career. Disappointed in Fallon. He got in trouble twice with the NTDP last year--suspended a semester due to alcohol violation, then was part of the sexual harassment allegations with Merrill, Clare, Matt Nieto that saw them suspended and Fallon leave the team. Now one semester in to freshman year and suspended for another semester. Daily said he can rejoin the team next year if his behavior improves. But seriously, does he even deserve another chance?
        Not surprised. Llewellyn has been steady this season and had his best stretch during the playoffs last spring. His recent play, though, has been erratic, including that bonehead move against State last weekend that sprung a breakaway for MSU. Fallon has not seen much ice and has not been a factor. This doesn't bode well for our offense for next season, though. He was looked at as one of the returning players that would need to replace the offense we are losing due to graduation.

Comment

A user on said MGoBlog thread who claims knowledge of situation says it was alcohol related plus some stupid behavior. If true, as said, not the first time Fallon + alcohol = suspension. I figured it had to be more than one beer for Red to suspend someone a whole semester.
          Michigan Hockey Net
          Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

A user on said MGoBlog thread who claims knowledge of situation says it was alcohol related plus some stupid behavior. If true, as said, not the first time Fallon + alcohol = suspension. I figured it had to be more than one beer for Red to suspend someone a whole semester.
            Saw that. Tristin was a +8 going into last week's games, too. More time for Clare and Bennett I guess. Maybe he got into trouble since he was sat out last saturday.

Comment

Wake up call for both of them (as well as their peers). If they did indeed make bad decisions while wasted (numerous instances over time, it would seem), they have bigger problems to deal with than whether they will play hockey again for MI, or any team for that matter. Alcohol abuse is not something to be taken lightly. I hope they have the strength to seek help.
              Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

How is Clare doing? My kids play for the same program that he played for growing up.
                Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Clare has been a healthy scratch most nights, though he'll likely get more icetime with Llewellyn's departure. Clare's looked solid when he's played - he looks like he'll be a solid defensive defenseman to this non-scout.
                  Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

I think Clare is showing a mature feel for the game as a freshman. In his first game he was on the far side and could not make a smooth line change in the 2nd period on a shorthanded situation. He made a move and quickly pulled back to cover the rush. He had to do this action several times before the puck control was in M's hands and he could make the move safely. He did not look shakey at all from my angle. He tends to be a real stay-at-home type D. I wish him luck down the line.
                    He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      Saw that. Tristin was a +8 going into last week's games, too. More time for Clare and Bennett I guess. Maybe he got into trouble since he was sat out last saturday.
                      I was wondering why those two were playing on Saturday, guess now we know. I thought both guys had a few shaky moments in the defensive zone but considering it was a shutout I suppose nothing too egregious. Bennett had that really nice goal so hopefully he'll bring some offense at least.

Comment

#19 Ferris State Bulldogs @ #7 Michigan Wolverines Highlights:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNWPzd0pe_I?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNWPzd0pe_I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Ferris State Hockey Head Coach, Bob Daniels Post Game 1/14/11 vs. Michigan:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lD2zMtYdoE8?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lD2zMtYdoE8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Enjoy!

Comment

The Daily is reporting that Llewellyn has signed on with Elmira of the ECHL.

Good luck, Tristin.

Comment

Thanks for the reports, Dom.

Comment

BIG road win last night at Ferris. I won't say that our team played as well as the score- and I'd probably agree if anyone suggested that Ferris was as much as part of losing the game as Michigan was in taking advantage of their mistakes. Nonetheless, I'll take it. A peek at the schedule now tells me that Michigan's second half isn't as easy as I thought it was- even with all the home games- with Alaska, Ohio State and WMU all challenging for a shot at an NCAA berth and playing pretty well. The JLA MSU game will not be a walk, either- and then the Miami and NMU road games will be difficult- especially with Miami struggling to get back into NCAA at large contention also.

The saving grace may be that the Irish's schedule isn't any easier, save a series with BG. One point back in the conference with a huge home series with a team that doesn't get intimidated at Yost anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                BIG road win last night at Ferris. I won't say that our team played as well as the score...
                                Much rather play worse than the score and come out on top like you guys than play every bit as badly as the score in our game last night indicated and lose... Good weekend for UM against a team that's been playing OK and really shutting teams down. Michigan netted almost as many goals in 2 games as Ferris had given up in their last 5 -- including 2 OTs.

The saving grace may be that the Irish's schedule isn't any easier, save a series with BG. One point back in the conference with a huge home series with a team that doesn't get intimidated at Yost anymore.
                                Who knows where either of our teams will finish, but I'm giving a bit of an edge to UM to finish ahead of ND, what with the game in hand and our propensity to inconsistent play rearing its head much more frequently than yours. And don't forget, half of BGSUs CCHA wins came at our expense.

Comment

Working...
                                X