Boston University Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University Women's Hockey

It is a big crowd. Maybe 2000. Scorig by margot miller and steph Roy.
    Last edited by quixote; 10-02-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
      I know Campbell was out due to lingering concussion symptoms but what was Ward's story? Noticed she also missed Canada's NT camp so the injury must have been pretty serious?
      Ward was also out due to concussion symptoms... wake boarding incident over the summer i believe. sorry for the extremely delayed response. she played at Union. Campbell was practicing but her symptoms crept up again so she is will be out for a little longer. Also, Poulin, Watchorn, and Wakefield all made team Canada after attending camp.
      Bleed Scarlet.

Comment

Everybody better suck it up over there...I picked them in my pool...just sayin.

Comment

Great article and video about BU's new trifecta: http://www.bu.edu/today/node/11681
          Definitely worth a watch.

P.S. Another solid win for the Terriers tn. Hopefully the goaltending can tighten up and players stop taking so many penalties.

Comment

10-15 vs Wayne State

I finally was able to see the team with all it's players in a regular season game and I must say I was impressed. The offense looks great and the powerplay was clicking last night. The defense also looked good most of the time, but a few times, especially in the third, when Wayne State was able to control the puck and they were scrambling around. I also thought that a BU defensive breakdown lead directly to Wayne State's second goal. The first Warrior goal was on a 2-on-1 break, but I thought Sperry should have made the save. It also looked to me like she was lucky a few times, but it was only her second game and she should improve as the season continues.

It was the largest non-Beanpot attendance for a game at Walter Brown Arena (which my daughter did not like) and I hope that there is a good turnout for today's game. Before the game the 2009 FF host, NCAA appearance, Beanpot Champions (for 1981) and Hockey East Champions banners were raised and the 1981 Beanpot team was honored. Personally I would have preferred the same size and style banners the men have located at the ends of the rink where the men's used to be. However, they are great banners to have and in the new rink configuration banners it would be hard to place banners at the ends due to the netting.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Great article and video about BU's new trifecta: http://www.bu.edu/today/node/11681
              Definitely worth a watch.
              Maybe they weren’t ready for someone of her ability.
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

"Maybe they weren’t ready for someone of her ability. "

Originally posted by freak View Post
                Lol, yeah I guess Team Canada wasn't either.

Comment

P.S. Another solid win for the Terriers tn. Hopefully the goaltending can tighten up and players stop taking so many penalties.

right now, their PK is more successful than their PP
                  Bleed Scarlet.

Comment

Maybe they weren’t ready for someone of her ability.
                    Maybe cause it's Wednesday or maybe because it has been quiet, I wanted to give my two cents here.

This was a pretty unfortunate choice of words by Durocher. Given the amount of talent that has gone through UNH, it seems unlikely that this was the reason. More likely it just wasn't the right fit, which is fine. (I fully support the ability for players to transfer for whatever reasons they deem necessary. IMO, it keeps the programs/coaches honest and it also keeps the team strong.) However, given this comment and the unfortunate handling of a recent recruiting situation, I am wondering if the chinks in his armour are starting to show.

Comment

What are the rules around transfers in women's hockey? Why are they different from men's hockey? (I'm assuming they are different since there are many transfers this season without a year out). Why did North Dakota make a big thing about the twins being students last season if no year out is needed? (Note - great accomplishment by them, but it was mentioned at times in a way that made it sound mandatory for the transfer.)

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                        What are the rules around transfers in women's hockey? Why are they different from men's hockey? (I'm assuming they are different since there are many transfers this season without a year out). Why did North Dakota make a big thing about the twins being students last season if no year out is needed? (Note - great accomplishment by them, but it was mentioned at times in a way that made it sound mandatory for the transfer.)
                        The WCHA does have a sit-out year, where players have to sit-out a year if they transfer. I thought someone said that they were planning to put that rule in for Hockey East, but I could be confused. I don't believe this rules exists for ECAC or CHA.

Comment

Are the men's hockey rules conference rules or NCAA? Re: WCHA - is that just within conference or would it apply if a player from one of the other conferences wanted to join a WCHA team?

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

On the men's side it is mandatory. On the women's side, Hockey East has also adopted the sit rule (not sure about the CHA and ECAC). The Lam Twins were enrolled at North Dakota last year while with the National/Olympic team, taking online courses, thus enabling them to compete this year.

Comment

Re: WCHA - is that just within conference or would it apply if a player from one of the other conferences wanted to join a WCHA team?
                              As far as I am aware, the rule only applies to intra-conference transfers.

Comment

What are the rules around transfers in women's hockey? Why are they different from men's hockey?
                                One explanation I've heard for the difference, is that the talent disparity in the women's game was far greater than the men's. Thus, the NCAA didn't want to discourage players from moving with a mandatory sit rule.
                                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Working...
                                X