X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by turk181 View Post

when I was up at Lake Placid to watch JD'A, I was talking to some scouts about JD'A & Cullen & asked them about Chase. They looked at me like I had 2 heads. One said he had never heard of him. After the game as we were walking out a scout from Washington said to me, " don't let them kid you, every scout knows who Chase Polacek is". So, expect to see plenty of NHL scouts this year at HFH
    After Pirri and D'Amigo, I would not be surprised one bit. If they're going to come in consistent quantities to see Chase and maybe even PC or PK, that would help out the recruiting quite a bit. It seems like a great selling angle, and then top it off hopefully with a great year, and we're back on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      After Pirri and D'Amigo, I would not be surprised one bit. If they're going to come in consistent quantities to see Chase and maybe even PC or PK, that would help out the recruiting quite a bit. It seems like a great selling angle, and then top it off hopefully with a great year, and we're back on the map.
      There is no doubt that Koudys' is on everyone's radar...there will be LOTS of clipboards in the stands to watch him, CP, PC and the others.
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-30-2010, 01:40 PM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I mentioned it "over there" before, but I'll post it here. One of the imports Monty had to juggle was goalie Jackson Teichroeb (6'2 190, hybrid technique) who he took in the 1st round..so we know what he thought of him.

He had very solid numbers in B'ville last season (20-8-1-3 , 2.26GAA and .917 save %) which he improved upon in the playoffs (14-6-2, 1.95 GAA .933 Sv%). and reports were that he was on fire at DBQ's camp...leading to his solidifying a spot.

I don't know what Seth's goalie recruiting board looks like, but he no doubt knows about Teichroeb.....should be interesting to see how he fares in the USHL and where he lands.

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=283280
        "I really want to go the college route, and Jim is the kind of coach who can help me reach that goal. I can't wait to get down there."
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-30-2010, 01:43 PM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          I mentioned it "over there" before, but I'll post it here. One of the imports Monty had to juggle was goalie Jackson Teichroeb (6'2 190, hybrid technique) who he took in the 1st round..so we know what he thought of him.

He had very solid numbers in B'ville last season (20-8-1-3 , 2.26GAA and .917 save %) which he improved upon in the playoffs (14-6-2, 1.95 GAA .933 Sv%). and reports were that he was on fire at DBQ's camp...leading to his solidifying a spot.

I don't know what Seth's goalie recruiting board looks like, but he no doubt knows about Teichroeb.....should be interesting to see how he fares in the USHL and where he lands.

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=283280
          "I really want to go the college route, and Jim is the kind of coach who can help me reach that goal. I can't wait to get down there."
          Is it the point in his development where he would spend 2 years in juniors? Obviously we have York for 2 more years (and I don't think goalies leave for the NHL early often if at all).

Comment

Is it the point in his development where he would spend 2 years in juniors? Obviously we have York for 2 more years (and I don't think goalies leave for the NHL early often if at all).
            Rick DiPietro. Marc Cheverie. Richard Bachman. Dave LeNeveu. Daren Puppa. Off the top of my head.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

GLM has a better grasp of Columbus' goalie situation...for York obviously a lot will likely depend on his play this season. As we know all too well, if the parent club comes calling with the checkbook, anything goes....

Teichroeb is a '92...and certainly could play two seasons...I suppose if he lights it up this year, he might get a "come play now" offer from someone.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Rick DiPietro. Marc Cheverie. Richard Bachman. Dave LeNeveu. Daren Puppa. Off the top of my head.
                OK, I'll go start on my other foot.

Comment

GLM has a better grasp of Columbus' goalie situation...for York obviously a lot will likely depend on his play this season. As we know all too well, if the parent club comes calling with the checkbook, anything goes....

Teichroeb is a '92...and certainly could play two seasons...I suppose if he lights it up this year, he might get a "come play now" offer from someone.
                  But supposedly Monty decided to keep Teichroeb over Quinn because Teichroeb will be in Dubuque for more than one year.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Columbus just drafted a guy who'll be at UNH this year (Martin Ouellette so he falls in line behind York for college guys. They cleared out the two guys they had in Syracuse in the AHL last year and replaced them with a newer, better prospect in Gustaf Wesslau. His backup? Former Cornell goalie David LeNeveu.

York is probably second in line prospect-wise for Columbus in goal right now. Wesslau is their new hotness and they've got no reason right now to rush York out of college. If Steve Mason has another sub-par year and Wesslau has an astronomical year in the AHL, things could get shaken up as Mason is in the last year of his contract and set to be a restricted free agent next year. They won't just up and get rid of him, but they could haggle with him and throw Wesslau into the mix especially with backup Mathieu Garon going to free agency next year as well.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

There is no doubt that Koudys' is on everyone's radar...there will be LOTS of clipboards in the stands to watch him, CP, PC and the others.
                      Koudys will be a player!

Comment

Other than Heisenbergs` list Do we have any real evidence that JL is committed to RPI and vice versa? I seriously doubt he is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          ... I seriously doubt he is coming.
                          Welcome to the club! Meetings are anonymous and held every Tuesday night... His absence is mysterious. What we do know is that for reasons which remain unknown to us he: has decided to play yet another season in Cornwall, has decided not to jump up to the BCHL or USHL and he hasn't publicly stated "I'm not going there". All of which leaves open the door for whichever speculation you wish to entertain...

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                            Other than Heisenbergs` list Do we have any real evidence that JL is committed to RPI and vice versa? I seriously doubt he is coming.
                            No recent evidence. The last statement in the Standard Freeholder was the brillaint "he is going to RPI in 2011 or he isn't". (That wasn't an exact quote.)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Welcome to the club! Meetings are anonymous and held every Tuesday night... His absence is mysterious. What we do know is that for reasons which remain unknown to us he: has decided to play yet another season in Cornwall, has decided not to jump up to the BCHL or USHL and he hasn't publicly stated "I'm not going there". All of which leaves open the door for whichever speculation you wish to entertain...
                              There are a plethora of places that he hasn't state publicly that he is not going. His delay in coming to RPI speaks volumes about how much he values an education in Troy.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                There are a plethora of places that he hasn't state publicly that he is not going. His delay in coming to RPI speaks volumes about how much he values an education in Troy.
                                Do we really know who was responsible for his two delays in arriving in Troy? At one point we heard that it was lack of maturity. There have been things that we have seen in print that probably are large stretches of the truth (like Pirri's extended wedding must have been).

I do agree that if he truly valued the education we would have seen him at least this year in Troy.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X