Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

  1. #561
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Dubuque's exhibition game on 9/19/10 is missing from the USHL website. It could still show up.

    Are there anymore exhibition games before the season opens on 10/1/10?
    The USHL Fall Classic is this week...https://www.ushlfallclassic.com/

    The pro and college personnel show up en mass to make preliminary lists...quite an event I will have a close advisr there who can report on games, unless any of you choose to watch the B2 network...have never used it before so I will be on my maiden voyage with B2...

  2. #562
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Dubuque's exhibition game on 9/19/10 is missing from the USHL website. It could still show up.

    Are there anymore exhibition games before the season opens on 10/1/10?
    The USHL Fall Classic is this week...https://www.ushlfallclassic.com/schedule.cfm

    The pro and college personnel show up en mass to make preliminary lists...quite an event I will have a close advisr there who can report on games, unless any of you choose to watch the B2 network...have never used it before so I will be on my maiden voyage with B2...

  3. #563
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    The USHL Fall Classic is this week...https://www.ushlfallclassic.com/

    The pro and college personnel show up en mass to make preliminary lists...quite an event I will have a close advisr there who can report on games, unless any of you choose to watch the B2 network...have never used it before so I will be on my maiden voyage with B2...
    Thanks. I knew that, but I forgot.

    How did Dubuque do yesterday?

  4. #564
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Code:
    2011
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            3- 4- 4-  8-  0 09/21/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/22/10
    
    Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10

  5. #565
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,461

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    The USHL Fall Classic is this week...https://www.ushlfallclassic.com/

    The pro and college personnel show up en mass to make preliminary lists...quite an event I will have a close advisr there who can report on games, unless any of you choose to watch the B2 network...have never used it before so I will be on my maiden voyage with B2...
    Tried B2 for 1 year-just simply got too frustrated with it. The job done by RPITV in the past year was super fantastic and I will miss them terribly this year. With B2 it was always something-bad picture, no sound, no game, interruptions, bad camera angles-there were times I just shut it down and listened to WRPI.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  6. #566
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. I knew that, but I forgot.

    How did Dubuque do yesterday?
    They played Saturday night at home. Lost 4-2. The B. R.O. watched from the stands . He claimed the suspension was bogus but we all know the prisons are filled with 'innocent' men...

  7. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Code:
    2011
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            3- 4- 4-  8-  0 09/21/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/22/10
    
    Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10
    I assume the B.R.O.'s 17-minute-penalty game was an exhibition?

  8. #568
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I assume the B.R.O.'s 17-minute-penalty game was an exhibition?
    Yes...it wasn't even a scheduled exhibition; impromptu...I'd like to re-set the penalty minutes clock please?

  9. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    I guess this is the best resource until the regular season...
    https://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...ml?leagueid=49

  10. #570
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    Yes...it wasn't even a scheduled exhibition; impromptu...I'd like to re-set the penalty minutes clock please?
    No problem, I don't include preseason games.

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    I guess this is the best resource until the regular season...
    https://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...ml?leagueid=49
    That's where I have been looking, but only one of the three appeared.

  11. #571
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Tried B2 for 1 year-just simply got too frustrated with it. The job done by RPITV in the past year was super fantastic and I will miss them terribly this year. With B2 it was always something-bad picture, no sound, no game, interruptions, bad camera angles-there were times I just shut it down and listened to WRPI.
    Conceivably, B2 is better for USHL games, but I doubt it. I have been subscribing to B2 for RPI games for all three years that it was offered. The first year, I attributed the problems to growing pains, but as I learned how they operated, I realized that some of the problems will probably persist.

    The bad camera angles problem has greatly improved as RPI-TV, where they get the pictures from, has improved. The rest of the problems are just their incompetency since we learned when both B2 and RPI-TV were broadcasting that RPI-TV was more reliable, plus B2 used a much reduced bandwidth from the signal that RPI-TV gave them making their product not as good even when it was otherwise working well.

  12. #572
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by burgie12 View Post
    I am expecting commitments following each of the three upcoming weekends. Just a gut feeling.
    How's your gut feeling now?

  13. #573
    RPI '11 Go Red!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,177

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    How's your gut feeling now?
    Talking with Appert at Hockey Line, he said that he would be on the road each of the three (then) coming weekends. I guess that he used this past weekend to check up on Laliberte and scout the Spink twins some more. We'll see who he visits each of the next two weekends (and can get commitments from).
    Go Red!!

    National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

    Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

  14. #574
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by burgie12 View Post
    Talking with Appert at Hockey Line, he said that he would be on the road each of the three (then) coming weekends. I guess that he used this past weekend to check up on Laliberte and scout the Spink twins some more. We'll see who he visits each of the next two weekends (and can get commitments from).
    He'll probably be at the USHL Fall Classic. I doubt that he will get any commitments on the spot unless he already has had a lot of contact with someone. He might invite someone to visit for the C&W game or the New Brunswick game.

  15. #575
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He'll probably be at the USHL Fall Classic. I doubt that he will get any commitments on the spot unless he already has had a lot of contact with someone. He might invite someone to visit for the C&W game or the New Brunswick game.
    I would think the UNB game is more likely. Although practice (and potentially education for Under-18) may be happening, October 2nd is opening weekend for most of the clubs.

  16. #576
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I would think the UNB game is more likely. Although practice (and potentially education for Under-18) may be happening, October 2nd is opening weekend for most of the clubs.
    If it is the USHL, but not most Canadian junior leagues. I do agree that 10/5 is more likely anyway.

  17. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He'll probably be at the USHL Fall Classic. I doubt that he will get any commitments on the spot unless he already has had a lot of contact with someone. He might invite someone to visit for the C&W game or the New Brunswick game.
    Previously confirmed RB...that's where everyone will be this week...it's a zoo...hoepfully SA will be busier than a one armed paper hanger with an itch

  18. #578
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    Previously confirmed RB...that's where everyone will be this week...it's a zoo...hoepfully SA will be busier than a one armed paper hanger with an itch
    I take it that Mr. Saponari will be playing in Fall Classic. Just saying.

  19. #579
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,641

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    I take it that Mr. Saponari will be playing in Fall Classic. Just saying.
    I would expect him to.

  20. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Wonder if SA was in Cornwall more for Spinks brothers than checking in on JL? That would make us small but maybe that's the new paradigm for keeping star players... recruit for size.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •