Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

I miss Tie Domi

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Greenmountain Glades (EJHL) had a rough time at their own Woodchuck tourney over the weekend...outscored something like 18-4 . RPI target keeper Dalton Izyk played half the game Sunday, allowing one goal in the Glades' 4-1 loss to Springfield.

https://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1373809
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    The B.R.O and a company shot a few TV ads recently... Funny this story had nothing to do with scores, and yet we learned something about what Monty thought of what the player got out of the experience...could it be.... insight?

"...They had to put a little makeup on my face, which was a little different, but it wasn't too bad. I didn't have any lines, so I couldn't mess them up. All I had to do is look good..."

https://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=295587
    Even the best have to fard, eh? Also one thing I noticed, it's great someone else in this country plays euchre.

6'5, 260?!?! This kid's bigger than I am!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Even the best have to fard, eh? Also one thing I noticed, it's great someone else in this country plays euchre.

He's bigger than I am too, but so is Chase Polacek.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

He is officially 6'6", 250 according to the team's measurements. Doesn't look it unless you're up close...

Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    He is officially 6'6", 250 according to the team's measurements. Doesn't look it unless you're up close...
    Still growing?

I Still bleed RPI Red

Someone has fed him well
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

I miss Tie Domi

WOW...as my father undoubtedly would've told Luke if he'd had the pleasure of meeting him: "I wouldn't want to go into a corner against you!"
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

mascot extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He's bigger than I am too, but so is Chase Polacek.

Mini-Me is taller than you are, Ralph.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Mini-Me is taller than you are, Ralph.
    I am taller than Garry Kearns.

I Still bleed RPI Red

I am taller than Garry Kearns.
    How about if he was on skates?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Quote Originally Posted by burgie12 View Post
    Saponari and the BRO will be on the radio Wed at 6 PM CST, not tonight. But, definitely something good to tune into.
    Just catching up on the board. It's seems that VS and BRO have been doing alot together lately, sitting out a game together (while others were being evaluated), doing radio... hmmm I wondering if they will be both headed to a destination close to my house next fall together.

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    Just catching up on the board. It's seems that VS and BRO have been doing alot together lately, sitting out a game together (while others were being evaluated), doing radio... hmmm I wondering if they will be both headed to a destination close to my house next fall together.
    Now...Now...Now
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    How about if he was on skates?
    It would be close.

I received the following link from someone who may want to be nameless https://barriecolts.com/index.php?opt...ses&Itemid=124. RPI (and Michigan and Wisconsin) target Steven Beyers OHL rights have been traded for a second-round draft choice which is a better pick than what he went for. It sounds like he won't be going to a US college although OHL teams have been wrong before.
    Beyers has been playing for Barrie in exhibition games https://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=2746465. Thus, he won't be going to RPI or any other NCAA team.

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Beyers has been playing for Barrie in exhibition games https://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=2746465. Thus, he won't be going to RPI or any other NCAA team.
    We're quickly approaching the point where this is becoming an even less desirable result than losing players to other NCAA teams. Honestly, I'd have much rather seen him go to Madison than to Barrie if he wasn't coming to Troy. Sigh.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    We're quickly approaching the point where this is becoming an even less desirable result than losing players to other NCAA teams. Honestly, I'd have much rather seen him go to Madison than to Barrie if he wasn't coming to Troy. Sigh.
    I am in complete agreement. The NCAA seems to be getting the short end of more and more battles with the major junior leagues recently.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Someone has fed him well
    The Hubster attributes it to daily Flintstones Vitamin (which the B.R.O. still takes)...I know, however, that it's because he ate what we ate from the very beginning. We were poor; I refused to buy baby food. So whatever was for dinner went into the blender (steak, pizza...if I made it, it went in the blender...add milk). He's been drinking coffee since he was two...and his love of spice came from forcing us to give him home made salsa (9 alarm! ) as soon as he saw us eat it...I KNOW all of that pulled the governor switch off of the growth plates...

Still growing?
    Dunno. I hear facial hair grows in the final phase of growth...he now has a good scruff and the 'stache is peach fuzz so my guess is yes...

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    It would be very nice but I don't think that is why...but it does give time for plenty of conversation...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Yes...it seems it would be better to have a chance to 'stack up' against someone who didn't chose RPI. With what's happening, that is not possible (at this level, at least)

Thread Information