This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefore he'll begin playing this Friday.

Comment

FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefore he'll begin playing this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefor he'll begin playing this Friday.
        Three times is a charm.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Three times is a charm.
          That's one way to increase your post count quickly-I might try it to reach 30,000 sooner RB you could be at over 300,000!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Three times is a charm.
            Only if you click your heels while saying it. It'll have to come true!
            APBWiki

Comment

On Friday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Brockville Braves 2-1 (3-2) in a shootout. Jacob Laliberté had an assist and a slashing penalty. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318592

Laliberté's line is now 8-7-6-13-2.
              Now the shootout says it was 2-1 -- still no JL.

Article about Cornwall's recent games http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2784177.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Article about Matt Neal commiting to RPI http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...terstitialskip
                These are the kind of recruiting battles that are great to see us win. Coups like D'Amigo were great, but will not be something that happens on a regular basis until we make the tournament on a regular basis. Beating out other "academic" schools consistently for not-quite-top tier guys like Neal is the first step in making that a possibility.

Comment

Three times is a charm.
                  I'll take a by on the next two early morning posts

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                    These are the kind of recruiting battles that are great to see us win. Coups like D'Amigo were great, but will not be something that happens on a regular basis until we make the tournament on a regular basis. Beating out other "academic" schools consistently for not-quite-top tier guys like Neal is the first step in making that a possibility.
                    I'm intrigued that Canisius was in on Neal after previously having (prematurely, apparently) landed Brock Higgs. They've had a number of solid talents in recent years. Bucky Gleason's insanity aside, it seems like Dave Smith has the Griffs poised to be a solid AHA program in the near future.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      I'm intrigued that Canisius was in on Neal after previously having (prematurely, apparently) landed Brock Higgs. They've had a number of solid talents in recent years. Bucky Gleason's insanity aside, it seems like Dave Smith has the Griffs poised to be a solid AHA program in the near future.
                      I agree. However, did we ever hear who else was recruiting Higgs (after he de-committed from Canisius)? I still (especially after hearing reports from the scrimmage) am not nearly as high on him as other people here seem to be. While I think he can certainly be a good contributor on a checking line, I personally don't seeing him having much more offensive upside than, for example, Malchuk or Kurt Colling.

Comment

I agree. However, did we ever hear who else was recruiting Higgs (after he de-committed from Canisius)? I still (especially after hearing reports from the scrimmage) am not nearly as high on him as other people here seem to be. While I think he can certainly be a good contributor on a checking line, I personally don't seeing him having much more offensive upside than, for example, Malchuk or Kurt Colling.
                        I don't think that we ever heard who else was recruiting him.

Chris Heisenberg rated him pretty highly last year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

... I personally don't seeing him having much more offensive upside than, for example, Malchuk or Kurt Colling.
                          Higgs had something like 18 pts. 17 playoff games this spring for a talented Kingston team...and led the Vees with 39 playoff pts. in 25 games en route to the league title the year before.

In his two years in the OPJHL he was good for better than 1 pt. per game:Games 97 50G 64A 114 pts.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-04-2010, 10:10 AM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Higgs had 29 pts. with 4 GWGs in 19 playoff games this spring for a talented Kingston team...and led the Vees with 39 playoff pts. in 25 games en route to the league title the year before.

In his two years in the OPJHL he was good for better than 1 pt. per game:Games 97 50G 64A 104 pts.
                            Also, Higgs is a '92, a true freshman. The other freshman forwards are all older.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Higgs had something like 18 pts. 17 playoff games this spring for a talented Kingston team...and led the Vees with 39 playoff pts. in 25 games en route to the league title the year before.

In his two years in the OPJHL he was good for better than 1 pt. per game:Games 97 50G 64A 114 pts.
                              Hey I'm all about providing bulletin board material. Those playoff runs certainly do indicate that he is a crunch-time producer, which is something that you can never have a surplus of.

Comment

I'm not into making predictions, I just thought I'd refresh all of our memories. The kid doesn't have a grinder resume. He played in the World Jr. A Challenge as well. Time will tell as to his role at RPI.

Appert: "...“He’s a very good hockey player,” Appert says, “and he’s one of those guys who scores goals in big games. He’s a good skater who plays with a bite.”
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X