This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Not surprisingly, we're not the only ones tracking VS...the folks in Dairyland are watching as well:

"...Vinny Saponari, a player who was recruited heavily by Wisconsin during his time at the NTDP looks like he'll end up in the USHL this season with Dubuque. Saponari played two seasons at BU before being dismissed from the team. He would look GREAT in cardinal and white for the 2011 hockey season. He will have two seasons of eligibility left."

July 19, 2010 post --
    http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...1_archive.html
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Not surprisingly, we're not the only ones tracking VS...the folks in Dairyland are watching as well:

"...Vinny Saponari, a player who was recruited heavily by Wisconsin during his time at the NTDP looks like he'll end up in the USHL this season with Dubuque. Saponari played two seasons at BU before being dismissed from the team. He would look GREAT in cardinal and white for the 2011 hockey season. He will have two seasons of eligibility left."

July 19, 2010 post --
      I think UNO can be thrown in the VS sweepstakes as well and im sure theres a handful more.
      Marr said that Dean Blais, the coach at Nebraska-Omaha who guided the United States to the 2009 World Junior Championship title, likes Saponari. He was among the last players cut for the team's 23-man roster in December.
      http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=rss-manasso
      Wicked, what do you think the chances are babo can let me in on the secret to making the perfect Big Red Burger? I have a big holiday weekend cookout planned with some buddys who wanna try this thing out.

Just in case you forgot what the Big Red Burger was...
      http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/201...ig-red-burger/

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        I think UNO can be thrown in the VS sweepstakes as well and im sure theres a handful more.

Wicked, what do you think the chances are babo can let me in on the secret to making the perfect Big Red Burger? I have a big holiday weekend cookout planned with some buddys who wanna try this thing out.

Just in case you forgot what the Big Red Burger was...
        http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/201...ig-red-burger/
        You're right RH, I forgot UNO. He will indeed have his pick of schools.

Thanks to Babo, I found the ingredients in the dusty corners of my inbox:

Toasted Cheese-Herb-Onion Bun, Double beef patties, Signature (?) sauce (I'm guessing its Big Mac type sauce), 55 Hot & Spicy Spread, Ketchup, Grainy Dijon Mustard, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and Jalapeno Havarti!!!!

You're on your own for the Plavix...:-)
        We'll have to convince an establishment in Troy to put the burger on the menu!
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-03-2010, 02:09 PM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

July 19, 2010 post --
          If he still likes Red and White, we're at least as good as UW.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks to Babo, I found the ingredients in the dusty corners of my inbox:

Toasted Cheese-Herb-Onion Bun, Double beef patties, Signature (?) sauce (I'm guessing its Big Mac type sauce), 55 Hot & Spicy Spread, Ketchup, Grainy Dijon Mustard, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and Jalapeno Havarti!!!!
            Sounds great-I have my Nexium ready. I would think almost anything alcoholic and cold would go well with this.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Not surprisingly, we're not the only ones tracking VS...the folks in Dairyland are watching as well
              Thanks for the research on VS. Apparently, I'm not the only one dreaming of VS on their PP unit, Ralph . What do we have to offer? VS can play Capt. Jack once a year. Tute's recent victory against Capt. Jack. Conditioning program that has helped two of our guys go to pros. If his parents like Monty, which I'm sure they do, they will love our great coach SA. Ralph will name a thread after him . What else does he want. BTW-thanks for posting that picture w/ DFS new jerseys. They remind me of Red Wings throwbacks. Does Babo know what number B.R.O. is going to be?
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

When it comes to Saponari, I have always assumed that a WCHA school is an odds on favorite to land his services. You almost never see a guy move from one Hockey East school to another, and as far as elite competition goes, you can't beat the WCHA if Hockey East isn't part of the discussion.

UNO and Wisconsin both sound like reasonable destinations.

I will say this, though... if he doesn't go WCHA, I like our chances.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  When it comes to Saponari, I have always assumed that a WCHA school is an odds on favorite to land his services. You almost never see a guy move from one Hockey East school to another, and as far as elite competition goes, you can't beat the WCHA if Hockey East isn't part of the discussion.

Absolutely-it is hard to compete withe WCHA as they just have so much more media exposure that we do.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Absolutely-it is hard to compete withe WCHA as they just have so much more media exposure that we do.
                    Can't argue with RC's points..but Doc, I'd say that VS has had all of the media exposure he needs. I definitely agree that we're in an uphill battle for his services...but as we have experienced, you just never know how this stuff is gonna play out, especially when 20 yr. old kids are involved...dumb stuff like not wanting to eat cheese three meals a day start to enter into the decision...

Should be fun to see how it plays out.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-03-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

I agree with you on that logic. We have one extremely small thing in our favor besides for any help that BRO can offer. I don't know any of other school that has had a player from Atlanta besides BU and us (Chris Maye).
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I agree with you on that logic. We have one extremely small thing in our favor. I don't know any of other school that has had a player from Atlanta besides BU and us (Chris Maye).
                        And by extremely small, you meant miniscule.... I'd think having Monty as coach and BRO as a teammate are mildly larger factors...

Comment

And by extremely small, you meant miniscule.... I'd think having Monty as coach and BRO as a teammate are mildly larger factors...
                          I did add BRO while you were composing the message.

No I meant "minuscule". I should be the last one to complain about spelling, but I actually can spell quite well -- I just can't type well.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            ...I actually can spell quite well -- I just can't type well.
                            welecome two the klubb...

Comment

but as we have experienced, you just never know how this stuff is gonna play out, especially when 20 yr. old kids are involved...dumb stuff like not wanting to eat cheese three meals a day start to enter into the decision...
                              One thing working against Wisconsin when it comes to all recruits, of course, is the fact that Jesus hates Wisconsin.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

FWIW in the VS discussion --- assuming the alternating arrangement continues, RPI will play at BU next fall.... payback time ?

Comment

Working...
                                X