Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Just saw a piece on Ch. 6 tonight...tuition, room and board
    for a year at RPI totals 54,000
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Just saw a piece on Ch. 6 tonight...tuition, room and board
      for a year at RPI totals 54,000
      I think I paid $105 per credit and a discounted rate if you took between 12 and 18 credits. My slide rule cost $19.95. My how times have changed!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I think I paid $105 per credit and a discounted rate if you took between 12 and 18 credits. My slide rule cost $19.95. My how times have changed!
        Braggart

PS: Now I realize why we are shooting through these threads so quickly. TRP has nothing on us for chatting.
        Last edited by Red Cloud; 08-24-2010, 08:54 PM.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Braggart

PS: Now I realize why we are shooting through these threads so quickly. TRP has nothing on us for chatting.
          RC-And I still needed financial aid to pay my bills!(I forget what the mandatory meal plan cost)
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I think I might be in the minority here that I don't actually dislike Cornell all that much. Union, travel partners will definitely bring a tiny bit of rivalry, but I'd still much prefer full capital district prowess.

The engineering school to the north, on the other hand... well...
            Go to a Game @ Lynah you'll learn to dislike.
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              GLM will hopefully correct me, but I seem to recall that the signing bonuses are limited to a percentage of the overall contract...the figures I heard for Jerry was 900k if he makes the Leafs and 70k give or take for playing for the Marlies...plus 250+k signing bonus. Total value somewhere near 1.2mil. ish.
              Yeah burgie12 citing CapGeek was a good move and you're both right.

Jerry's deal is for $1.2 million total because of the bonuses. They cite the total amount on CapGeek because that's how the NHL factors the money against the cap. The bonuses get counted right away.

Pirri signed a max contract with bonuses so it'll be somewhat similar to Jerry's contract, although he's not likely going to see time in the NHL unless things go south BADLY for the guys on Chicago's third and fourth lines. If they need a boost of offense, he could get a look. I think they'd be happier if he just stays in Rockford all year though.

Obviously they'll both get less money for playing in the AHL but that's how the system works.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                Go to a Game @ Lynah you'll learn to dislike.
                I've been to several games at Lynah, thank you very much. There was even an "acquaintance", as it were, once.

Everyone gives their respect to different teams and their hatred to different teams. Like I said, I'm probably in the minority on this one, and it looks like that is fact. I think we may have to agree to disagree.

And AspyDad, I absolutely despise the Yankees. So, when it comes to that rivalry, yes, I would root for the Red Sox.

Comment

Dude: You dated an acquaintance from the Lynah-Kong? We're gonna need you to turn in your band shirt and I'd card.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

All right, now we can afford to grumble a little bit. Brandon Pirri's contract details from CapGeek.

Boil it down this way: If he makes the NHL, his cap hit is worth $648,333, just over half of what Jerry D'Amigo would make if he makes the NHL. In the AHL both he and Jerry will be making $67,500 a year.

The point here, though, is that the money, in this case given that he's a 2nd round pick (versus Jerry whereas he was a sixth rounder), doesn't appear to be worth it. This, of course, just plays into most of our feelings that he jumped too soon. C'est la vie.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Today is 25 August 2010. There are 44 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

141 posts on Tuesday.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          My recollection is that in my freshman year tuition was $1600 per year. It was $1800 the next two years and $2050 when I was a senior. That would make the cost per credit considerably less than $100. I don't recall what my sliderule cost.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            All right, now we can afford to grumble a little bit. Brandon Pirri's contract details from CapGeek.

Boil it down this way: If he makes the NHL, his cap hit is worth $648,333, just over half of what Jerry D'Amigo would make if he makes the NHL. In the AHL both he and Jerry will be making $67,500 a year.

The point here, though, is that the money, in this case given that he's a 2nd round pick (versus Jerry whereas he was a sixth rounder), doesn't appear to be worth it. This, of course, just plays into most of our feelings that he jumped too soon. C'est la vie.
                            Wow looking at those numbers makes me think that he either a. felt the need to go pro after Jerry left, b. had some sort of fallout once Monty left, or c. owed some guys named Sal, Vinny, and Vito money and needed cash quickly.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

54 grand a year?! Talk about prestige pricing.... my last year I think was around 47k. My slide rule was free, though (used my father's).
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 08-25-2010, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Article in the Record about Pirri http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...8336893742.txt
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-25-2010, 05:59 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X