Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Does anyone else think that if we are ever going to get JL and he has indeed taken and done sufficiently well on the SATs, he would be on the way to Troy now? Other schools have players who come in when others leave.

I suppose that he could also come in January.
    I don't know about "right now", because the team has had plenty of time to bond and develop a rhythm together under the tutelage of the captains, and that's very important. If he were to come in January, wouldn't he likely have to red-shirt and become part of the practice squad until next year? I'd say if he were to come, he should just stay in Cornwall this year so he can have some more game experience, and then come in and be a reckoning force next year.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Does anyone else think that if we are ever going to get JL and he has indeed taken and done sufficiently well on the SATs, he would be on the way to Troy now? Other schools have players who come in when others leave.

I know I sound dumb here, but there is a disconnect between what we're saying and what is happening re: JL. If SA wanted him and he wanted to be here, he would be here. So, if he is not here, he either does not want to be here, SA doesn't think he's ready (which flies in the face of everything everyone on this thread has said about him), he is a poor test taker , or SA believes he's ready hockey wise but has some sort of character element to redeem. My sneaking suspicion is that he might want to turn pro and is stringing this along. SA will not play games and will move on (already has perhaps?). But this is speculation...

Comment

Classes start on Monday, Ralph. He's not going to be on the team in October.

January could be a different story, but then you're essentially sacrificing a half a year - in this case it might end up being worthwhile.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I don't know about "right now", because the team has had plenty of time to bond and develop a rhythm together under the tutelage of the captains, and that's very important. If he were to come in January, wouldn't he likely have to red-shirt and become part of the practice squad until next year? I'd say if he were to come, he should just stay in Cornwall this year so he can have some more game experience, and then come in and be a reckoning force next year.
          IMO, you are certainly correct about the bonding, etc. AFAIK, if he came in January, he could play immediately, but he would still use up his first year of eligibility even though he played only half the year. Many years ago, this wasn't the case.

Originally posted by babo View Post
          I know I sound dumb here, but there is a disconnect between what we're saying and what is happening re: JL. If SA wanted him and he wanted to be here, he would be here. So, if he is not here, he either does not want to be here, SA doesn't think he's ready (which flies in the face of everything everyone on this thread has said about him), he is a poor test taker , or SA believes he's ready hockey wise but has some sort of character element to redeem. My sneaking suspicion is that he might want to turn pro and is stringing this along. SA will not play games and will move on (already has perhaps?). But this is speculation...
          You may be right. The JL situation is so confusing that I am not sure what is correct. He didn't show up in 2009 supposedly because SA thought he lacked maturity and strength (or something like that). The reason that he didn't show up this year might be more JL's decision due to not wanting to be away from his girlfriend. It would not surprise me if SA has already moved on.

There apparently have been a lot of things going on with JL that we don't know about, and some of the things we have found out are probably only half true. There has to be some reason that he is going back to the CJHL for a fourth year when we all think that he would be better off most anywhere else.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Classes start on Monday, Ralph. He's not going to be on the team in October.

January could be a different story, but then you're essentially sacrificing a half a year - in this case it might end up being worthwhile.
            He might be packing as we speak, not that I really think that he is. In today's Standard Freeholder article, which I am not linking because it is mainly about a Cornell recruit and a Clarkson recruit, the only reference to JL is his point total in last year's playoffs, maybe because he isn't there.

I said the same thing about January, but I type slowly.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              Agreed....IMO getting into school is not the issue(again speculation)I believe its a maturity issue ie:He's not ready to do all the things SA needs him to do, hockey only being one of them.I believe the isssue is dead for this season,but far from dead all together.Personally I'm starting to enjoy the drama and w/BP & JDA gone this is all we got left...so I'm going to go with it....Will He or Won't He ? I've talked to people who are familier w/Johnny Rogic and Brock Higgs and I'm told these are top end recruits that certainly have the ability to light it up.Its just a matter of how quick the adapt to the college game.Sooooo I'm going to go ahead and give them initial status....from this point forward they should be refered to as JR & BH....LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got a chuckle from this post on Hockey's Future awhile back. People were listing there guesses for CJHL leading scorers etc.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post27363445
                Top 5 Scorers:

1. Jacob Laliberte - easy choice, of course he may never leave the league, will put 125-130 on the board if he stays healthy.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  Agreed....IMO getting into school is not the issue(again speculation)I believe its a maturity issue ie:He's not ready to do all the things SA needs him to do, hockey only being one of them.I believe the isssue is dead for this season,but far from dead all together.Personally I'm starting to enjoy the drama and w/BP & JDA gone this is all we got left...so I'm going to go with it....Will He or Won't He ? I've talked to people who are familier w/Johnny Rogic and Brock Higgs and I'm told these are top end recruits that certainly have the ability to light it up.Its just a matter of how quick the adapt to the college game.Sooooo I'm going to go ahead and give them initial status....from this point forward they should be refered to as JR & BH....LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!
                  Last year, Josh Rabbani had to give up his number. Now will he have to give up his initials?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWWWWrVPAU

This portion of L'Engineers et Laliberté, sponsored by Yankee Trails World Travel.

I do certainly hope that he gets his head into being mature about his life off the ice, and he'll go miles towards being prepared to join Coach Appert's team.

Comment

He might be packing as we speak, not that I really think that he is.
                      You're missing the point. If he's not enrolled by now, he's not going to be enrolled. It's not a matter of thinking he might be or not, the simple fact is that he can't be.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        You're missing the point. If he's not enrolled by now, he's not going to be enrolled. It's not a matter of thinking he might be or not, the simple fact is that he can't be.
                        According to RPInfo, all payments and such were due August 13th, and I would assume enrollment had to be done by about the same time, maybe July. This is probably why Pirri and D'Amigo were still listed in the directory.

Comment

Looks like RPI target Steven Beyers is back playing with Orangeville again this season and wont be heading to Fargo in the USHL.

http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1357807

FWIW, Joe Ramieri is also playing for Orangeville, I believe he was linked to RPI at one point as well.
                          Last edited by redhead18; 08-26-2010, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            According to RPInfo, all payments and such were due August 13th, and I would assume enrollment had to be done by about the same time, maybe July. This is probably why Pirri and D'Amigo were still listed in the directory.
                            I always envision coaches being able to get around such dates.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just read that the NHL posted their TV schedule.
                              Do you think that we might have lost a couple of games on TV with the loss of BP and JDA?
                              I don't know when stations like ESPNU and CBSC make their schedules, but I bet we lost some consideration.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I just read that the NHL posted their TV schedule.
                                Do you think that we might have lost a couple of games on TV with the loss of BP and JDA?
                                I don't know when stations like ESPNU and CBSC make their schedules, but I bet we lost some consideration.
                                Those two stations actually cover college hockey? Oh right, it's the only way they get to show squeakball.

Comment

Working...
                                X