Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Originally posted by 3W View Post
    They do. Follow the link from pasty.com to the WKMJ live stream.

I was most recently told that the games will be broadcast (and yes, they've been advertising for it), but I've yet to hear definitive details on time, not to mention how. We were told that game reports will not be made available to us until after the game has aired.
    Thank you. I won't be able to hear the Fri-Sat games but should be able to listen to the rest, assuming they will be broadcast in evening time.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is the rink they'll be playing in while they are in Kaufbeuren.

That's right it's open to the environment on one end.
      Last edited by Flashy Man; 08-01-2010, 11:10 PM.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        This is the rink they'll be playing in while they are in Germany.
        *****http://solidaridad.de/kev/img/dsc02158.jpg******
        *****http://solidaridad.de/kev/img/dsc02197.jpg******
        *****http://solidaridad.de/kev/img/dsc02176.jpg******

That's right it's open to the environment on one end.
        Whats with the three red X's?? is it part of a map??
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

So my friend in Juneau, who spent a term studying in Austria and is familiar with all these teams, says we're pretty much effed in the a.

Austrian teams tend to play very fast and very smart, while not as physical compared to WCHA teams. The Germans are a bit more physical, but just barely.

If we're going to win one, it'll be either the first (Kaufbeuren) or the last (Klagenfurt.) She'll be "amazed" if we beat Vienna.

Granted, she's a Wildcat and Sue fan, so she might just be saying that out of spite

ETA: We should consider ourselves lucky we don't have to play Salzburg. They're monsters.
          Last edited by Twitch Boy; 08-01-2010, 11:09 PM.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            So my friend in Juneau, who spent a term studying in Austria and is familiar with all these teams, says we're pretty much effed in the a.

Austrian teams tend to play very fast and very smart, while not as physical compared to WCHA teams. The Germans are a bit more physical, but just barely.

If we're going to win one, it'll be either the first (Kaufbeuren) or the last (Klagenfurt.) She'll be "amazed" if we beat Vienna.

Granted, she's a Wildcat and Sue fan, so she might just be saying that out of spite

ETA: We should consider ourselves lucky we don't have to play Salzburg. They're monsters.
            Let's get the losing started early this year!

- #1 Optimistic fan

Comment

Like I said before, I'm not expecting to beat a bunch of pro teams, but given that they are exhibitions and we are considered an amateur opponent (insert joke here), I somehow doubt these teams are going to be preparing and playing like it's a league championship game. Particularly once they've scored a few.

Also, I expect us to get raped by the refs. This is Euro hockey, so the officiating is probably going to make Brian Thul look like he lets the guys play.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen we are one month closer to hockey season. I hope you all are happy.
                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                  Ladies and gentlemen we are one month closer to hockey season. I hope you all are happy.
                  Depends. Will there be hockey this year?
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    One of you should get this jersey. It's freaking sweet.
                    I looked at it briefly, but I'm kinda at my quota for CC jerseys. Not to mention the WBS Pens jerseys usually go for stupid money. I called the team store once early in the season and they wanted $600 for a Conner jersey... I guess their fans have found better paying jobs than being an engineer.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

I think only the Facebook crowd will be able to see this, but it's a quick statement from JR about the start of practice and the schedule they're on for the week. Sounds like they're happy with the way things have started off, and Damon Whitten is already contributing some new ideas.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...9029595&ref=mf

EDIT:

Also available on the blog: http://huskiesineurope.wordpress.com...RIBER_CONTENT=
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-02-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

How does this not violate the NCAA's "Teams cannot have an organized practice before October 1st?*"

(*whatever the NCAA date is counting in reverse from the Frozen Four)
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          How does this not violate the NCAA's "Teams cannot have an organized practice before October 1st?*"

Yeah, we've decided to just start cheating now. We figure the NC$$ will just say "Oh, it's Tech, what harm could it possibly do?"

Look at it this way: 5 games in 6 days. That much easier for our top scoring lines and promising freshmen to get dinged with season-ending injuries
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I've been wondering that myself. They must've gotten an exemption of some kind. Plus, I'm sure that only those going on the trip are allowed to practice with the coaches (so, not incoming freshmen).

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

It doesn't because none of the frosh are practicing. This is practice in preparation for their foreign tour in Germany/Austria.

Originally posted by NCAA Bylaw 30.7
                              Practice Limitation. Not more than 10 days of practice are permitted prior to departure.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

NOOOOOOOO! Andy Sutton has been signed to Anaheim

Comment

Working...
                                X