Live In-Progress Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live In-Progress Scores

ECAC does have live scores. They have a scoreboard at the top of the page that displays scores pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      using the USCHO Message Board on a smart phone or an iPod sucks..
      ah, no it doesn't, it is the exact same as using it on the computer, just have to use a smaller keyboard.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        ah, no it doesn't, it is the exact same as using it on the computer, just have to use a smaller keyboard.
        I think the point is that you have to keep going back and forth between threads, or have a bunch of tabs open just to keep up on every game and keep refreshing them.

Here's an example of what I was talking about - as far as an "ESPN.com - style" Score Tracker page:

----------------------
        North Dakota 0 20:00
        Bemidji State 0 1st
        ----------------------
        Live Stats (click here)
        Home Radio (click here)
        Road Radio (click here)

----------------------
        St. Cloud State 0 20:00
        Minnesota 0 1st
        ----------------------
        Live Stats (click here)
        Home Radio (click here)
        Road Radio (click here)

etc.

With the scores updating in real time (or on a 30 sec, or 90 sec, etc. refresh). That way, you could go to one page, get all the scores and also listen to any game you wanted with one click. CHN is the closest to this right now, but it has the potential to be so much better...
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
          I think the point is that you have to keep going back and forth between threads, or have a bunch of tabs open just to keep up on every game and keep refreshing them.

Here's an example of what I was talking about - as far as an "ESPN.com - style" Score Tracker page:

----------------------
          North Dakota 0 20:00
          Bemidji State 0 1st
          ----------------------
          Live Stats (click here)
          Home Radio (click here)
          Road Radio (click here)

----------------------
          St. Cloud State 0 20:00
          Minnesota 0 1st
          ----------------------
          Live Stats (click here)
          Home Radio (click here)
          Road Radio (click here)

etc.

With the scores updating in real time (or on a 30 sec, or 90 sec, etc. refresh). That way, you could go to one page, get all the scores and also listen to any game you wanted with one click. CHN is the closest to this right now, but it has the potential to be so much better...
          I agree completely with that, but it is a problem with using the message board for score updates, not with using a smartphone. I am always annoyed with having to flip through threads to get scores, and then not getting reliable info in the thread on who the goal scorers are or who got the assists.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

bbdl: that's what friends are for. Usually, I don't really care, but on big weekends, a bunch of us make sure we know who wants updates, etc, and yay texting, especially since some people are actually at the games.

I have a 400-text/month plan, simply for hockey season. Avg offseason month, I run about 20-30 texts or so at best. During the season, I max out, if not go over.

It narrows down how many threads you have to keep track of, and unless you want goal scorers/assists, it's much easier and usually more accurate/less time-consuming.

Given the popularity of college hockey, it'd be tough to allocate the resources to get a true live-scoring site a la Yahoo/ESPN/etc, as they do in football/baseball/basketball (pro or otherwise).

To be honest, there are times when we all text the up-to-the-minute PWR rankings during conf tourneys and such.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Given the popularity of college hockey, it'd be tough to allocate the resources to get a true live-scoring site a la Yahoo/ESPN/etc, as they do in football/baseball/basketball (pro or otherwise).
              In talking to Adam Wodon the last few days, CHN's score update page uses the conference live scores we've talked about. I.E., they are as good as the school's Sports Information/Media Relations people. As Adam told me, they don't have the resources to pay people to sit at every game and input scores.

I showed Adam my suggestion for a "better" score updater page, and he liked it. No promises that it would be used, however.

edit - he also said that one problem is that a lot of the links for live stats and radio feeds change on a yearly basis, and tracking that info down is quite time consuming. If it were submitted for each school by a fan, that would help a ton...
              Last edited by moose97; 07-07-2010, 09:10 AM.
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                In talking to Adam Wodon the last few days, CHN's score update page uses the conference live scores we've talked about. I.E., they are as good as the school's Sports Information/Media Relations people. As Adam told me, they don't have the resources to pay people to sit at every game and input scores.

I showed Adam my suggestion for a "better" score updater page, and he liked it. No promises that it would be used, however.
                Well, knowing the ineptitude of some of the SID's (see the "Fire Ian Marks" thread), not much chance at this getting better. (don't mean to rip on all SID's, I'm sure most are competant)

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I know at Ferris State, our Sports Information Director, Joe Gorby does an outstanding job with manually updating the score and time of the game FOR OUR WEBSITE, http://FerrisStateBulldogs.com/Sports/Mice

So if you go to the site, you will see "Scoreboard" at the top/middle section of our page. During the game, that shows the time, period, and score based on what Gorby adds. For the most part, I sit next to him in the press box and see him update this constantly.

Is it possible for CHN or any score tracker website to use that feed maybe?

Comment

Working...
                  X