Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT best represented college hockey at the Frozen Four

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    The "RIT" chant at the end of the Championship game was tacky.
    The BC students didn't think so. They joined in in the third period!

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
      The BC students didn't think so. They joined in in the third period!
      I also saw a bunch of Wisconsin fans joining in the "RIT" chant as well throughout the game.

The RIT fan section was definitely the highlight of the hockey weekend for me. The games were boring as hell, and once the beer started wearing off, I got really bored and really tired and wanted to take a nap. (Of course, I'm getting old and can't party like I could back in the day. ) It was fun to listen to and try and figure out what the RIT fans were chanting. I, too, liked the happy birthday song, especially when they ended it with a big "You suck!"
      Go Sioux!!!
      Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Those of us that stayed the weekend had an awesome time and I'm not sure I'll ever want to miss another Frozen Four, even if we aren't in it. We had a great time hanging out with the various fan bases in attendance and meeting people in the surrounding bars, along with those of us who made the trip to Yost to play (and watch) a little USCHO pickup hockey on Saturday. Probably the highlight of my weekend besides collaborating with the Miami-Ohio fans. You guys were a blast!

It's safe to say that I have no voice right now, and it's all Wisconsin's fault. See you guys in St. Paul.
        e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          RIT section was hilarious and props to the school for providing free transportation and subsidized ticket prices for their students. But basically every RIT fan there was in that one section and it was mostly students so of course they are going to be the loudest.
          Ummm, no. I was in the risers over near the Wisc. band and there were plenty of RIT fans still in those sections on Sat. night. We were, of course, the more "mature", quieter types. I'll also note, to my friends in the Corner ... most of the night the RIT fans across the rink were louder than the Wisconsin fans at the other end. The small, but vocal, BC contingent started to catch up near the end when many of the Wisconsin fans were leaving (I still don't get that, I'm glad RIT fans stay 'till the end win or lose.) Nice work last night guys. The people from Wisc., MU, and BC around my section were all enjoying it.
          -M

Comment

I consider myself to be one of the biggest (quite literally) and loudest RIT Fans I haven't missed a game in the past three years that I could help and this thread gave me chills!!!

Thanks to everyone for loving us. Many of the people who were PO'ed with what we were doing didn't understand that we are simply hockey fans who love the college game day atmosphere and want fun. I have never had that much fun just sitting with the RedHawks and exchanging cheers. This was one of those experiences that makes you almost literally addicted to this sport.

Thanks again from everyone I'll make sure to point the president of our school to this thread as I get my expulsion letter tomorrow.

Love and Kisses,
            Me
            R I T HOCKEY
            Atlantic Hockey Association Conference
            Regular Season Champions
            2007-2009-2010
            AHA Tournament Champions
            Frozen Four

"Were Loud and Obnoxious at hockey games!"
            Proud Corner Crew member

Comment

your hassling of the miami section saturday was the only bright spot of the game.. and it was impressive seeing a mini RIT section at yost for the posters game when we dropped by late to see.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A couple things not noted but I feel are important.

1. RIT chanted "Boston College!" after the game.

2. The RIT fans acknowlededged the all-tournament team Cornell-style by yelling the players last name after they were announced.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  your hassling of the miami section saturday was the only bright spot of the game.. and it was impressive seeing a mini RIT section at yost for the posters game when we dropped by late to see.
                  How could we pass up heckling two of our own in the poster's game?
                  RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                    How could we pass up heckling two of our own in the poster's game?
                    I appreciated the taunting more than you can imagine. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the opposing players don't actually enjoy it? It really is amusing.

I will admit though, the only taunt that took me out of the game for a moment was when you guys started singing the Canadian anthem. I couldn't help but sing along, and gave up a goal during the last verse.

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                      I appreciated the taunting more than you can imagine. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the opposing players don't actually enjoy it? It really is amusing.

I will admit though, the only taunt that took me out of the game for a moment was when you guys started singing the Canadian anthem. I couldn't help but sing along, and gave up a goal during the last verse.
                      I had to shut you up somehow .

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                        I had to shut you up somehow .
                        I can't help if I'm the loudest goalie ever.

Go Tigers.

Comment

d4rksabre, I hope you don't get a big head, but my wife's friend, who came more for a visit as they only see each other every so often, actually asked me if you were the starting goalie for RIT! She obviously does not attend ANY college hockey games!!!!!!

Just thought you might be interested in an outsider's view point of the posters' game.

I, too had a ball at Yost all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
                            d4rksabre, I hope you don't get a big head, but my wife's friend, who came more for a visit as they only see each other every so often, actually asked me if you were the starting goalie for RIT! She obviously does not attend ANY college hockey games!!!!!!

Just thought you might be interested in an outsider's view point of the posters' game.

I, too had a ball at Yost all afternoon.
                            hahaha now that's good stuff. don't worry, my ego is constantly deflated by the people i claim to be friends with. Although I gotta admit, my on the back stick save near the end was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. And I do.

glad we were able to provide some entertainment.

Also, much love to Michigan for having that Steve Shields display in the main concourse. The guy is pretty much one of my favorite Sabres players ever.

Go Tigers.

Comment

hahaha now that's good stuff. don't worry, my ego is constantly deflated by the people i claim to be friends with. Although I gotta admit, my on the back stick save near the end was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. And I do.

glad we were able to provide some entertainment.

Also, much love to Michigan for having that Steve Shields display in the main concourse. The guy is pretty much one of my favorite Sabres players ever.
                              I may have a photo, up close, behind the net, of you during the shoot-out, that you might want to see. I have not had time to download them off my son's camera, and my PC is dead at the momnet. I will let you know soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
                                I may have a photo, up close, behind the net, of you during the shoot-out, that you might want to see. I have not had time to download them off my son's camera, and my PC is dead at the momnet. I will let you know soon.
                                no rush. i'm not the only guy here either. i'm sure everyone is anxious to see themselves in action. who wouldn't be? looking forward to pictures as the start rolling in.

Go Tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                X