RIT best represented college hockey at the Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT best represented college hockey at the Frozen Four

Of the four teams (BC, WI, MU, and RIT) it was quite obvious which team had the best fan base, truly representing college hockey, as it is played every weekend, from October to now, and that was RIT!!

They have only been DI five years, come from a conference most of us think of as inferior, and have fewer sudents than many of the colleges represented in DI hockey.

The RIT students were great to witness: most were dressed in school colors, orange, almost always clean in terms of vulgarity, picked up on whatever was happening around them (most of the time not related to the game at hand), and they were very well organized.

Hope to see your team stay in contention, the cheers can be addictive!!

Any challengers??????

Re: RIT best represented college hockey at the Frozen Four

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
    Of the four teams (BC, WI, MU, and RIT) it was quite obvious which team had the best fan base, truly representing college hockey, as it is played every weekend, from October to now, and that was RIT!!

They have only been DI five years, come from a conference most of us think of as inferior, and have fewer sudents than many of the colleges represented in DI hockey.

The RIT students were great to witness: most were dressed in school colors, orange, almost always clean in terms of vulgarity, picked up on whatever was happening around them (most of the time not related to the game at hand), and they were very well organized.

Hope to see your team stay in contention, the cheers can be addictive!!

Any challengers??????
    If it most of the time wasn't related to the game, I'm not sure how they would positively represent college hockey. You're an RIT fan, so obviously you have this opinion that you stated above. This is just a dumb argument. Everyone thinks they have the best fans in college hockey.

Comment

I will say that RIT today was hilarious. Even giving wisconsin crap chanting "were are your fans?" Because wisconsin fans were just non exsitent. I sat in a section basically full of them but I couldn't tell they were watching a national championship game...they were the loudest in the 3rd when it was all but over. RIT was on their feet all game and was the only thing I could hear in the rink. Gameplay was barely there, few cheers here and there but nothing of championship caliber.

I think Wisconsin had the most fans there followed closely by Miami, than RIT, closey by BC, closley by Michigan.

I didn't attend the semi final games, but RIT is my new 2nd favorite team based on commitment of their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
        If it most of the time wasn't related to the game, I'm not sure how they would positively represent college hockey. You're an RIT fan, so obviously you have this opinion that you stated above. This is just a dumb argument. Everyone thinks they have the best fans in college hockey.
        They were still by far the best fan base there. Without them it would have been desolate. Michigan Tech, Miami, Ferris State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and more fans also helped cheering loud and sharing cheers. I think it was a really cool thing to have all these groups work together and invent new cheers.

Comment

# 1: I'm not an RIT fan, my loyalty is to my team, which didn't make the regionals.

# 2: Cheers unrelated to the game, like when the North Dakota fan walked by (NO MORE MAS-COT. NO MORE MAS-COT). Or when the young beautiful Erin Nichole was doing a live interview during a commercial break (WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER? WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?). When a few Wisconsin fans swore at them it was "WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT! Nothing to do with the game, but very funny.

Comment

What a stupid idea. RIT = best represented fans?

How many fans does RIT have? 20? 30?
            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
              They were still by far the best fan base there. Without them it would have been desolate. Michigan Tech, Miami, Ferris State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and more fans also helped cheering loud and sharing cheers. I think it was a really cool thing to have all these groups work together and invent new cheers.
              That and teaching each other new cheers.

Had a ball tonight thanks to the RIT fans. Just goes to show if you don't just poo-poo something because its not exactly the way you want it, and just show up to have a good time, you can end up having a GREAT TIME. Its all in the Attetude, and the RIT fans had it.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

RIT, congrats on your "Best Represented" trophy. I would be a little jealous, but BC also brought home some hardware this weekend.
                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

The RIT fans were louder than the Wisconsin fans and the BC fans despite being outnumbered and not even playing in the game...that says nothing good about the fans of the teams that played tonight.
                  MICHIGAN STATE
                  1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                    What a stupid idea. RIT = best represented fans?

How many fans does RIT have? 20? 30?
                    Considering that they brought more fans over 6 hours away (at least 300) than the Penalty Box section can even hold AND didn't resort to "Purple Fa**ots cheers, you don't have a lot of ground to be talking on. When you compare what they had in Detroit to what all the other schools brought, there is no doubt what-so-ever.

Comment

The "RIT" chant at the end of the Championship game was tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        The "RIT" chant at the end of the Championship game was tacky.

of course it was! and that's why it was so perfect.
                        Lets go Lets go R I T

Comment

Wisconsin fans = still the best fans in all of college hockey. I mean seriously, what other fans would make themselves look silly by wearing cheesey, fake mustaches just to support their team?
                          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                            Wisconsin fans = still the best fans in all of college hockey.
                            once they get their signs right side up...
                            Lets go Lets go R I T

Comment

I agree with SFO19. Furthermore, RIT fans were not nearly as numerous as you think. Almost all of them packed into one section, whereas the other fans were just spread out. Any school as close to the Frozen Four as RIT was and making its first bid, while the school gives out free bus rides and hotels should have that many fans at the games, if not more. I talked to my friends at RIT, and they said the team wasn't really that relevant until they started winning at the end of the year and made their run. I'm not calling the RIT fans bad fans, but let's review the situation objectively. I would argue that Wisconsin fans were better for being more numerous and for starting up some pretty loud chants on opposite sides of the arena. Also, I would argue BC fans were better fans since there were more BC fans there overall compared to RIT (not students), despite having by far the longest trip to detroit. 12-14 hour drive? that's dedication.

RIT fans will go back to not caring about the team when they fade back into oblivion, but it was great to see them enjoy being there. their presence definitely helped add some sound and energy to the building, but we can't start saying things about these "amazing fans" that aren't true.

Comment

Working...
                              X