Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

I am constantly amazed that York can constantly run out 4-5 forwards on the PP and still almost never get burned.

I may not like BC, but I respect how their forwards really excel on the PP and PK (does BC still do 3-1 on the PK or 2-2? I think at a time, they did use 3 forwards)
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

This whole thread so far has been laughable so far with a few exceptions where people actually used some facts and logic to back up there arguments. Anyone who thinks this isn't going to be a close game are just naive. Sure Miami's offense isn't one of the most potent in the country, but there defense and goaltending are spectacular. On the other hand, BC has a great offense, but it looks like they can give up goals and Miami's offense can definitely score.

For those that think BC is just going to run through Miami I think they will be in for a rude awakening. And for those that think BC will just be able to score at will with their supposedly unstoppable offense, Miami has only given up 5 goals 4 times this year and in those games one was a loss in regulation, one was loss in overtime, and two were ties so even when giving up five the games were relatively close (except the Michigan semifinal game).

I think this is going to be one hell of a game. Officially bought my tickets today and got the hotel booked. Can't wait for Detroit.

Go 'Hawks!
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
        This whole thread so far has been laughable so far with a few exceptions where people actually used some facts and logic to back up there arguments. Anyone who thinks this isn't going to be a close game are just naive. Sure Miami's offense isn't one of the most potent in the country, but there defense and goaltending are spectacular. On the other hand, BC has a great offense, but it looks like they can give up goals and Miami's offense can definitely score.

For those that think BC is just going to run through Miami I think they will be in for a rude awakening. And for those that think BC will just be able to score at will with their supposedly unstoppable offense, Miami has only given up 5 goals 4 times this year and in those games one was a loss in regulation, one was loss in overtime, and two were ties so even when giving up five the games were relatively close (except the Michigan semifinal game).

I think this is going to be one hell of a game. Officially bought my tickets today and got the hotel booked. Can't wait for Detroit.

Go 'Hawks!
        Here are some facts.
        Neutral ice records: Miami 3-2 BC 6-2
        Non-conference records: Miami 8-5-2 BC 11-2
        Non-conference GF-GA: Miami 46-40 in 15 games BC 60-42 in 13 games

Miami was sensational in league play simply dominating the league.
        BC at times struggled in the league but came close to winning the regular season title.
        Outside the league BC is clearly the better team. If I were Miami I would be very worried.

Comment

strange things happen when people catch BC on a hot Offensive night. Miami, UND and Yale are just some of the teams to feel the wrath...

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
            I am constantly amazed that York can constantly run out 4-5 forwards on the PP and still almost never get burned.
            Oh he does get burned. Ferriero coughing up the puck to Oshie (or Toews) behind the net with a lead in the 2007 semifinals was a terrible coaching blunder IMO.

This year he had JWhitney out there playing defense on 4x4 in the QFs and a UMass guy got around him which produced a goal to tie the game up.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm all for getting another goal and extending the lead (playing to win and not to lose), but I don't think we're looking at a huge dropoff with Sneep and Cross back there as much of a dropoff in defense that you'd get if you turn it over and have the Whitney brothers or previously a Ferriero trying to play defense.

It drives me freaking crazy to be quite honest.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              So RIT is hard to over look yet you guys will walk right through Miami?? oh brother how elementry things have gotten over here....
              Yeah b/c you've been totally even-handed throughout this whole discussion...according to you, BC's D is a sieve and Miami chooses not to score more than two goals.

And the only person talking about "walking through" the other team is a Miami fan (see below)

Originally posted by Redskins4evr View Post
              All of you amuse me with you're "analysis" and prognostications. Here's the thing...Miami is coming through you. Have a nice day. GO SKINS!
              I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                OHHHH because Miami is a school in Florida too, I GET IT! How witty and original.
                O.K. How 'bout this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBS2hTe98A
                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Oh he does get burned. Ferriero coughing up the puck to Oshie (or Toews) behind the net with a lead in the 2007 semifinals was a terrible coaching blunder IMO.

This year he had JWhitney out there playing defense on 4x4 in the QFs and a UMass guy got around him which produced a goal to tie the game up.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm all for getting another goal and extending the lead (playing to win and not to lose), but I don't think we're looking at a huge dropoff with Sneep and Cross back there as much of a dropoff in defense that you'd get if you turn it over and have the Whitney brothers or previously a Ferriero trying to play defense.

I don't see why he doesn't have at least one D out there. Sneep and Joe Whitney at the point would be a good duo plus you have the added security of a defenseman out there.
                  I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post

Go 'Hawks!
                    Deep down, I don't actually think any BC fan expects to steamroll Miami. I certainly don't. As I said before, Miami enters as a slight favorite in my book.

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                    I don't see why he doesn't have at least one D out there. Sneep and Joe Whitney at the point would be a good duo plus you have the added security of a defenseman out there.
                    Carmine, agree completely. Not to mention this team's overall careless play with the puck at times. Sneep and the Whitney brothers can be absolutely frightening on the point...

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                      Kind of amusing because, coming into the NCAA, the Miami PP was absolutely terrible - under 18% me thinks. Of our 5 goals in the NCAA tournament, 4 have come on the man advantage. So it's just going to come down to the in-game adjustments. One thing I am worried about is the BC counterpunch on the PK. They have used their speed to get some incredible shorthanded chances.

It's tough to hate a team that hasn't been able to beat you in the tournament. Hopefully we can give you the chance to hate us next year.
                      don't you try to build up SOMETHING vs the other team you are playing in a big game ? not sure if hate is the word and certainly Miami is NOT a hate-able team. Speaking of that, BU i believe lead the nation in shorthanded goals with 10. we were relatively far behind them. Reading a lot of these posts it seems that people(on both sides) talk like BC is the favorite here and decidedly they are NOT. Miami is SUPPOSED to win this..........they were the best team all year long IMO and if they stumble, Wisconsin is the next favorite BC is an underdog

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Just thought I'd remind Miami fans what happens when you mess with the Eagles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymj946UgOOQ
                        Yes, I know it's the other Miami.
                        good one

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                          And the only person talking about "walking through" the other team is a Miami fan (see below)
                          Oh puh-lease. All I've seen all over this entire forum (not just this thread) is people saying how badly BC is going to steamroll through Miami. Give me a break! Don't be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
                            Oh puh-lease. All I've seen all over this entire forum (not just this thread) is people saying how badly BC is going to steamroll through Miami. Give me a break! Don't be blind.

On second thought, if you guys just want to stay behind in Oxford, that'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

On second thought, if you guys just want to stay behind in Oxford, that'd be great.
                              I think we'll take our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Miami is SUPPOSED to win this..........they were the best team all year long IMO and if they stumble, Wisconsin is the next favorite BC is an underdog
                                BC is never the underdog. Heck, they're not dogs at all!

We've got two birds, a cat, and a weasel.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X