Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    Anyone know who was on the all-regional team?
    Did they not include it with the stories?

Yale: Arcobello, Dignard
    BC: Cam Atkinson, Joe Whitney, Sneep & Muse
    MOP: Atkinson

BC is winning the Title, but if you love to worry, go ahead though I think they make pills for that. And whoever dismissed RIT - you must have taken a large number of pills and addled your brain.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
      Great game today, guys. Hard fought and competitive to the end. It's always a treat (even if it eats at my soul) to watch Jerry York's teams compete and do well. He's a class coach, runs a class program, and deserves every amount of priase for the work he does at BC.

Good luck at the FF in Detroit.

PS. Where did all that Terrier in me go?
      classy post, thanks

Comment

any word on Almeida? and hopefully Wey can come back and help because we need all the help back there that we can get. there was like a 15 minute period in the second culminating when they were up 6-2 that they looked like they snapped out of this recent problem of not being able to clear the puck out of their own zone but............that was all it was, about 15 minutes. anyway, lots to look at and try to improve before the FF and, well, York IS the coach.........i know that they say at this point in the season that freshman are no longer freshman, but, i kinda disagree, it seems ours are, still........ anyway,congrats guys , another FF to look forward to. it never gets old does it?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          any word on Almeida?
          Almeida took another shift after he hobbled off the ice. My guess is that he's fine. Probably had a small stone in his skate.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
            Great game today, guys. Hard fought and competitive to the end. It's always a treat (even if it eats at my soul) to watch Jerry York's teams compete and do well. He's a class coach, runs a class program, and deserves every amount of priase for the work he does at BC.

Good luck at the FF in Detroit.

PS. Where did all that Terrier in me go?
            This. All of it, except the "eats at my soul" part. I always liked BC growing up, so I don't really have anything against you guys. It's very easy to root for a coach like York or players like Matt Price and Ben Smith.

Originally posted by mwade View Post
            Did they not include it with the stories?

Yale: Arcobello, Dignard
            BC: Cam Atkinson, Joe Whitney, Sneep & Muse
            MOP: Atkinson
            I can't believe Dumoulin didn't make it. He was a +6 on the weekend and was clearly the best defender on the ice IMO. But the darned media is always gonna go for the guys who score points instead. I had Edwin Shea as my other d-man. Thought he had a great weekend as well. My forwards, goalie and MOP were all the same.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Congrats on winning a wild game yesterday, best of luck in the Frozen Four.

Comment

Please for the love of the good Lord destroy Miami

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                  Okay.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Hopeully the ref karma train comes back to bite Miami. Michigan deserved to win last night and the Hockey East refs stole it.

I was rooting for Miami, but that was a bad call.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Is there a consensus out there whether BC is a faster team than Miami? That could be the determining factor.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        I'm of the opinion that Miami comes out nervous & tentative against BC (owing to the past NCAA playoff history between them).
                        Disagree. I think Miami's ****ed about last year vs BU and the thumping from BC in Worcester in 2008. This looks like a destiny year for them.

I think BC can beat Miami, if they stay out of the box (as previously mentioned), and they spend two weeks practicing transitions out of the defensive zone. I also worry that Miami's offense is sufficiently skilled to exploit Muse's weakness to high shots. They also have awesome goaltending.

I am also encouraged by Michigan's performance in the 1st OT. They showed that Miami is vulnerable to crafty offense, which BC has in droves, much more so than Michigan.

I think this game will come down to goaltending, but I hope it doesn't, because if it does it doesn't bode well for BC.

As an aside, I had to chuckle as the rest of the college hockey world got a nice little glimpse of Hockey East officiating last night.
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

This team proved that they can play up and down offensive games, like this one and the Maine game, as well as tight checking close games like the Alaska game. They seem to play to the opponents style, yet come out on top most of the time. As the negative fans on this board continue to point out, they are not perfect and can always improve, but time and time again they prove to be just good enough to continue moving on in a win or go home situation.

By the way, for all the garbage spewed on this board last week, I thought Sneep was a man among boys out there all weekend.

Comment

I put this in the BC thread too... but...

Nice work Eagles... good luck in Detriot and go make it 3 in a row for Comm Ave and for Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                              Well, if you insist...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                This team proved that they can play up and down offensive games, like this one and the Maine game, as well as tight checking close games like the Alaska game. They seem to play to the opponents style, yet come out on top most of the time. As the negative fans on this board continue to point out, they are not perfect and can always improve, but time and time again they prove to be just good enough to continue moving on in a win or go home situation.

By the way, for all the garbage spewed on this board last week, I thought Sneep was a man among boys out there all weekend.

Ugh. I really don't wanna go through this again as you have some fanboy tendencies about you that I don't like, but yes, you were proven right yesterday. Giving up seven is still a concern, but they did what they had to do to survive and advance. Can they win in Detroit if they have a game like Maine/Yale? I guess nobody knows.

You really do have an issue concerning yourself with other fans and spewing this propaganda that there's an overriding negative attitude about the team. What is wrong with being thrilled they advanced yet still concerned at what the end result might be if they don't clean some things up? I don't get it.

As for Sneep, what a surprise, we disagree. He has the ability to make plays and he showed that this weekend, but he also showed the ability to make crucial mental/physical errors. To say he was a man among boys is way overstated. Sorry if that was too negative for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X