Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

Other one got to 1K, and we have a little time before the FF so we might as well continue discussing here.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Re: Boston College Hockey Thread: Frozen once again

While this isn't the outcome I wanted to see, it's no coincidence that you guys are in the frozen four for the 4th time in 5 years. Your offense is simply ridiculous at this point.

Congrats on your win today, and good luck in Detroit.
    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

I was saying in the last thread that the goals at the end of the game don't make me worry too much.

Before you say that this team stopped playing etc etc...don't you think that up 5 and scoring 9 total that Jerry would call the dogs off? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that runs up the score. The problem is that when they avoid running the score up they get a little sloppy trying to kill time and trying to play hockey without trying to score. I doubt there will be much concern about running up the score in the Frozen Four so I don't think you'll see that from BC the rest of the way
      I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Mini-gallery added to recap from tonight (will add galleries to the Semis sometime tomorrow) - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/03/28/yu-bc.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I'm of the opinion that Miami comes out nervous & tentative against BC (owing to the past NCAA playoff history between them). I think if BC can capitalize and score early and make Miami play from behind, the Eagles will do fine.

I can't see RIT coming anywhere near Wisconsin, so a BC-Wisconsin Championship is quite possible. None of the players were really witness to the 2006 game between the Badgers & Eagles, but you can be sure ESPN will revisit that game (especially those last two seconds) over and over again.
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
            I'm of the opinion that Miami comes out nervous & tentative against BC (owing to the past NCAA playoff history between them). I think if BC can capitalize and score early and make Miami play from behind, the Eagles will do fine.

I can't see RIT coming anywhere near Wisconsin, so a BC-Wisconsin Championship is quite possible. None of the players were really witness to the 2006 game between the Badgers & Eagles, but you can be sure ESPN will revisit that game (especially those last two seconds) over and over again.
            They kept showing highlights of Wisconsin winning in 2006 and Michigan State in 2007 at the DCU Center...were they trying to jinx BC or something?
            I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post

i agree with u here, although i do want to point out that i wouldn't dare call any lead safe in the frozen four given the history of both miami and bc.... and while we're talking about revisiting painful endings i think espnU showed bu/miami 09 title game highlights at least half a dozen times throughout the miami-michigan game tonite KNOCK IT OFF!!!
              NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
              HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
              BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

It should be a great game...I think it is clear BC/Miami/Wisco. are the three best teams in the country....RIT is the big wild card...Miami is on a mission because of last year, but BC's offense is playing on a complete other level...I think we get it done
                BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

I am very confident in BC's chances provided they stay out of the box. Yale scored only twice when it was 5x5...we allow teams to stay in the game with the lack of discipline.

The powerplay also needs work...but I think today proved that BC is dangerous enough even-strength.

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

See you all in Detroit!!! Who else is going?
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      I'm going! Hopefully at least 50 students will go...When do you think the ticket office will give us the ticket info?
                      BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

Great game today, guys. Hard fought and competitive to the end. It's always a treat (even if it eats at my soul) to watch Jerry York's teams compete and do well. He's a class coach, runs a class program, and deserves every amount of priase for the work he does at BC.

Good luck at the FF in Detroit.

PS. Where did all that Terrier in me go?
                        Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                        Boston University '06/'08
                        Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by jamie9248922 View Post
                          I'm going! Hopefully at least 50 students will go...When do you think the ticket office will give us the ticket info?
                          Maybe sometime next week?

Comment

Anyone know who was on the all-regional team?

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                              I'll be there.

Me and my dad went in 2001.
                              Me and my dad and my brother went in 2008.

Me and my father will be there again this year, but we are hoping to expand the party a little bit more this year.
                              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X