Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Where are all the PC fans lately? I went down there for 2 games this year and saw no one. Ill admit the Schinder Arena is a nice rink but everyone is into basketball. Its just sad that the players are playing infront of like 100 people.
    UML

Comment

students just don't want to go to games that they know we have little chance of winning. most of the people at the games only go because
      a) they're bored (no basketball that night)
      b) they're drunk
      c) they're friends with the players
      d) any combination of a, b or c.
      there's no incentive to go, there's no "white out schneider" nights, no teeshirt giveaways, etc like there are at the basketball games. some games the loudest students get are when the friar skates out to chuck teeshirts at the crowd.
      Last edited by PcFriars13; 03-17-2010, 12:10 AM. Reason: grammar error...didn't want to invoke the wrath of hokydad
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

And they put alot of the games on Cox 3 so some stay home and watch the loss

Comment

Have you noticed the great job Mike McShane is doing at Norwich? 24-1-4 this year. He had some very good years at PC. Any chance on taking him back?

Comment

First the AD has to grow a set and dump Army, who did not get Coach of the Year in HE......I'm sure Hockeydud thinks he should be in the running as he did beat Bowling Green

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
              Have you noticed the great job Mike McShane is doing at Norwich? 24-1-4 this year. He had some very good years at PC. Any chance on taking him back?
              McShane has been doing a great job at Norwich for years.
              http://www.uscho.com/stats/coachYxY....d=252&gender=m

Comment

Originally posted by Babikian View Post
                Where are all the PC fans lately? I went down there for 2 games this year and saw no one. Ill admit the Schinder Arena is a nice rink but everyone is into basketball. Its just sad that the players are playing infront of like 100 people.
                Indeed.

TOURNAMENT MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I found the following on SI.com. It was part of an NHL column by Allan Muir.

Schroeder was only the latest in a growing line of players to bolt Minnesota early. Defenseman Sam Lofquist left in November to join the Guelph Storm of the OHL. More famously, Kyle Okposo and Erik Johnson departed early to sign NHL deals, with the Isles loudly expressing their concerns about Lucia's handling of their top prospect. The veteran coach earned a long leash with two national titles (2002 and 2003), but after missing out on the playoffs for the second straight season, it's clear this program is in decline. It'll be interesting to see if the team that drafts Nick Bjugstad, a likely first-rounder and Minnesota's prized recruit for next season, advises him to pursue other options. It's thought that certain teams interested in Bjugstad are leaning towards pushing him in another direction.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0ik2KndPf
                  I think it is amazing that some person questions our lack of support for Army. Out in Minnesota (yes I just did the rouzer in my head as I typed that!) they are calling for the head of a guy that brought back to back NC titles. Army? 2 back to back last place finishes. Just keep looking at the tie with Northeastern!
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

I think it is amazing that some person questions our lack of support for Army. Out in Minnesota (yes I just did the rouzer in my head as I typed that!) they are calling for the head of a guy that brought back to back NC titles. Army? 2 back to back last place finishes. Just keep looking at the tie with Northeastern!
                    How dare you say anything. You have no information, everything you write is fail.

Comment

does anyone else cringe at the hockey east championship commercial that starts out with PC scoring? it's sad to see how far we've fallen...and i feel like they're mocking us.
                      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Hey, seven days in the Carribean puts everything into perspective. Tournament ModeĀ® moves to the white sandy beaches.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          does anyone else cringe at the hockey east championship commercial that starts out with PC scoring? it's sad to see how far we've fallen...and i feel like they're mocking us.
                          They're not "mocking" PC in any regard -- quite the contrary...it's a retrospective of great HE moments. And that night was one of the most legendary and indelible moments in both PC and Hockey East history -- a bona-fide classic that has been reshown many times over the years. Terreri that night was unbelievable, the ending downright miraculous. I believe it was voted the greatest game in HE history a few years ago, and with good reason. It was simply electric to be there and still one of the greatest games I've ever seen in person (actually it's still my all time favorite game).

No matter how low the program has gone, watching those highlights brings back some golden memories, and it's a tribute to PC hockey every time you see it. A reminder now of how bad things have become, as you wrote...
                          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-21-2010, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                            They're not "mocking" PC in any regard -- quite the contrary...it's a retrospective of great HE moments. And that night was one of the most legendary and indelible moments in both PC and Hockey East history -- a bona-fide classic that has been reshown many times over the years. Terreri that night was unbelievable, the ending downright miraculous. I believe it was voted the greatest game in HE history a few years ago, and with good reason. It was simply electric to be there and still one of the greatest games I've ever seen in person (actually it's still my all time favorite game).

No matter how low the program has gone, watching those highlights brings back some golden memories, and it's a tribute to PC hockey every time you see it. A reminder now of how bad things have become, as you wrote...
                            True, but it also didn't hurt that at that point NESN had no programming in the vault to fill the dead air time between Bruins and sox games. I must have watched that game 200 times. Each time Terreri was AMAZING!
                            Providence College
                            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                              True, but it also didn't hurt that at that point NESN had no programming in the vault to fill the dead air time between Bruins and sox games. I must have watched that game 200 times. Each time Terreri was AMAZING!
                              He was incredible. Seriously unbelievable. When people think about great goaltending, Terreri is on a whole other level than what most folks think is "great".

His performance that night -- one of the all-time greatest singular performances in any hockey game, ever. It's not hyperbole either to describe it as such.

Comment

Watched the selection show and PC didn't make the cut....and we did tie Northeastern and beat Bowling Green twice.....the guys picking are on the take......they should listen to Hockeydud

Comment

Working...
                                X