Coach of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach of the Year

If BU's Brian Durocher isn't a top candidate, I don't know who is. What he has done in the 5 years of the program is just great. He has grown the program every year. It looks like a program for now and the future. Mercyhurst better be ready because it could be an upset in the making the way Brian has his Team playing !
    Boston University Hockey
    NCAA Champions - 71-72-78-95-09
    NCAA Final Four - 50-51-53-60-66-67-71-72
    74-75-76-77-78-90-91-93-94-95-96-97-09
    ECAC Champions - 72-74-75-76-77
    Hockey East Champions - 86-91-94-95-97-06-09
    Beanpot Champions - 58-66-67-68-70-71-72-73
    75-78-79-82-86-87-90-91-92-95-96-97-98-99-00-02-03-05-06-07-09

Re: Coach of the Year

Originally posted by bu3puckster View Post
    If BU's Brian Durocher isn't a top candidate, I don't know who is. What he has done in the 5 years of the program is just great. He has grown the program every year. It looks like a program for now and the future. Mercyhurst better be ready because it could be an upset in the making the way Brian has his Team playing !
    Since the award is only for this season what Coach Durocher has done since the program has started is not supposed to be considered. Furthermore, only the leagues Coach of the Year and the four coaches of the Frozen Four teams are considered for the National Coach of the Year. As Coach Deraney is the Hockey East Coach of the Year, and I agree with his selection, unless BU beats Mercyhurst on Saturday, Coach Durocher is not eligible for the award this season.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by bu3puckster View Post
      Derraugh from Cornell has grown his program consistently as well and led the Big Red to both the ECAC Reg season crown and the post season Championship. Like Durocher, he is not the conf (ECAC) coach of the year (That was Seeley) so Cornell needs to beat Harvard for him to have a shot at it....

Nothing against BU, but if I'm placing bets, I like the odds of Cornell getting to the Frozen four much better than those of BU.
      Last edited by OnMAA; 03-10-2010, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Since the award is only for this season what Coach Durocher has done since the program has started is not supposed to be considered. Furthermore, only the leagues Coach of the Year and the four coaches of the Frozen Four teams are considered for the National Coach of the Year. As Coach Deraney is the Hockey East Coach of the Year, and I agree with his selection, unless BU beats Mercyhurst on Saturday, Coach Durocher is not eligible for the award this season.

Sean
        You are such a killjoy.
        Fighting the good fight

Comment

Sean
          SEAN: Thanks for the update on the Rules......however "Butter" couldn't Coach his way out of a paper bag !
          Boston University Hockey
          NCAA Champions - 71-72-78-95-09
          NCAA Final Four - 50-51-53-60-66-67-71-72
          74-75-76-77-78-90-91-93-94-95-96-97-09
          ECAC Champions - 72-74-75-76-77
          Hockey East Champions - 86-91-94-95-97-06-09
          Beanpot Champions - 58-66-67-68-70-71-72-73
          75-78-79-82-86-87-90-91-92-95-96-97-98-99-00-02-03-05-06-07-09

Comment

Originally posted by Bergey1
            Seeley from Quinnipiac
            There's your winner!
            Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

So, please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ballot looks like this....

Deraney (PC)
              Seeley (QU)
              Flanagan (SU)
              Sertich (BSU)

Durocher/Sisti
              Stone/Derraugh
              Derosier(s)/Frost
              Miller/McCloskey

Assuming I got this right, then I guess I'd lean toward Durocher should they pull the upset, and thus he'd be qualified. Looking over this list, I guess I'm in the Flanagan camp with Seeley as a second choice. The sudden emergence of Quinnipiac is great stuff for the ECAC and women's hockey in general, but Syracuse also became a formidable opponent, and very quickly.

PS...Colin Campbell does indeed suck!
              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                So, please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ballot looks like this....

Deraney (PC)
                Seeley (QU)
                Flanagan (SU)
                Sertich (BSU)

Durocher/Sisti
                Stone/Derraugh
                Derosier(s)/Frost
                Miller/McCloskey
                Yes, based on last year’s criteria these should be this year’s finalists. It's interesting to see that this year none of the league coach of the year winners will make the FF.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Yes, based on last year’s criteria these should be this year’s finalists. It's interesting to see that this year none of the league coach of the year winners will make the FF.

Sean
                  I hadn't given that a thought until I had laid it out for myself. Yes, very interesting!
                  Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Deraney (PC)
                    Seeley (QU)
                    Flanagan (SU)
                    Sertich (BSU)

Durocher/Sisti
                    Stone/Derraugh
                    Derosier(s)/Frost
                    Miller/McCloskey

Assuming I got this right, then I guess I'd lean toward Durocher should they pull the upset, and thus he'd be qualified. Looking over this list, I guess I'm in the Flanagan camp with Seeley as a second choice. The sudden emergence of Quinnipiac is great stuff for the ECAC and women's hockey in general, but Syracuse also became a formidable opponent, and very quickly.

PS...Colin Campbell does indeed suck!
                    I'd vote for Flanagan.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                      I'd vote for Flanagan.
                      Earlier in the year I'd have agreed with you. Given this is only the second year and year 1 came with an asterisk, he's brought Syracuse a long way. But they were 4-over at the break and only finished .500 (for the purposes of an award like this, I can't give credit for beating Saint Anselm.) Five of those losses were to Mercyhurst, and it might be a bit much to expect them to beat the Lakers at this point in their evolution, but they also dropped home games to Colgate and RMU.

Assuming they get past UNH, I might have to vote for Miller, outbursts and all. Although her team also lost at home to RMU, and that's perhaps less forgivable. It just seems that UMD has improved much more over the course of the season, and that is one of the best measures of coaching.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I hadn't given that a thought until I had laid it out for myself. Yes, very interesting!
                        Seeley went from 3 wins to 19 in a season. You're a numbers guys.....What's that for a % increase in a single season? Qunnipiac ended up ranked tied for 10th (or in that ball park) which is 4 spots higher than Syracuse in a MUCH tougher division. But ya, I'll go with Flannagan too.
                        Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

In a year where there are no Olympians, Mike Sisti took a group of ladies of which only one is senior and took them to the NCAA's as the Number 1 team in the nation. My vote, Mike Sisti!!!!
                          "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                            Seeley went from 3 wins to 19 in a season. You're a numbers guys.....What's that for a % increase in a single season? Qunnipiac ended up ranked tied for 10th (or in that ball park) which is 4 spots higher than Syracuse in a MUCH tougher division. But ya, I'll go with Flannagan too.
                            No question Seeley has brought this team a long ways in a short time, so he obviously deserves a lot of credit for the rise (as he achieved previously with Clarkson).

However, I think I'd have to point to the impact that Vigilanti made as the biggest factor in the improved success of that team this season. She stole a lot of games on her own.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trillium;4687453]No question Seeley has brought this team a long ways in a short time, so he obviously deserves a lot of credit for the rise (as he achieved previously with Clarkson).
                              However, I think I'd have to point to the impact that Vigilanti made as the biggest factor in the improved success of that team this season. She stole a lot of games on her own.

I guess I would agree with your point, but it was Rick who brought her in right?
                              Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Working...
                              X