Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Who at Verizon decided we needed to hear Jenny Slate's voice more?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I saw a commercial the other day for KFC, and they were advertising some sort of "sandwich" in which they put a giant piece of fried chicken between two large glazer donuts. W T F?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I saw a commercial the other day for KFC, and they were advertising some sort of "sandwich" in which they put a giant piece of fried chicken between two large glazer donuts. W T F?
        'Merica! ***** Yea!
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

OK we were able get Ratt in our commercial. Should we have the sample a few of their songs during the commercial? No, just the one? OK, should they sing from different parts of that one song? No, just the chorus? OK. Should they maybe sing different lines from the chorus? No, literally just the one line over and over? Because that's basically all they did in their entire careers?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            OK we were able get Ratt in our commercial. Should we have the sample a few of their songs during the commercial? No, just the one? OK, should they sing from different parts of that one song? No, just the chorus? OK. Should they maybe sing different lines from the chorus? No, literally just the one line over and over? Because that's basically all they did in their entire careers?
            LOL, I was literally looking for this thread the other day to post about this commercial. I work for a GEICO competitor and it pains me to say it, but I really enjoy this commercial.

Comment

• Have you noticed ads have gone from "in these uncertain times" to "F-CK YEAH, WE'RE OPEN?"
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• So if you blow all of your Frozen money on cocaine you have to do Geico commercials?

KDR

Comment

• To break up the election craziness I present "Songs you don't expect to hear in commercials"

https://youtu.be/SMhLdfbLOSU
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    To break up the election craziness I present "Songs you don't expect to hear in commercials"

That is SPECTACULAR
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That is SPECTACULAR
                      We get it here for Fred Meyer All. The. Time.

The dude with the ham cracks me up every time.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Interesting article about the ad I’m sure you’ve all seen with the butt PJs

https://www.businessinsider.com/ads-...mpression=true
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          To break up the election craziness I present "Songs you don't expect to hear in commercials"

"To the Windex! To the All!"

I saw a Caddy ad where the music was "Nobody Speak." I wanted to kill myself.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-21-2020, 04:51 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The one with "Baby I got your money" manages to strategically avoid the opening verse.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              The one with "Baby I got your money" manages to strategically avoid the opening verse.
                              "This is ODB for Berkshire Hathaway..."
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                The one with "Baby I got your money" manages to strategically avoid the opening verse.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEwx...andElectronics

I thought you were kidding.

"The Maytag man showed me back of da house..."

Last edited by Kepler; 12-21-2020, 05:13 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X