• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCHA Quarterfinals: Miami hosts Ohio St

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
    OK , " MOM. "
    Basic education, not hard...
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      ummmm wrong again, nice try.

And seriously please learn when to use quotes and caps properly. You will never be taken serious until then....
      But it's so hard to take you seriously with that avatar
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Hey. Thems fightin words. Nobody talks that way about Kelly kapowski

Comment

Are there going to be any creative signs for Markells farewell tour?
          How about.....

"Chris Bergeron - we'd love you in Columbus."

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            But it's so hard to take you seriously with that avatar
            Yea what JD said!!! c'mon got to admit she is fun to look at lol.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
              How about.....

oooo not cool.....lol

If Gene Smith could lure a Miami guy to Ohio st. he would be god like! lol

Not to mention it would mean probably both assistant coaches gone, got to think Coach Brekke is high on Westerns list.

You know if your looking at a guy with OSU ties and has coaching experience Blue Jackets color guy Bill Davadge is around. Not sure if he would go back to coaching but he had a stint at Miami and played at Ohio St. Sure knows a lot about the game.

Comment

If Carlson is as good this weekend as he was at the Schott last series they might be a bit troublesome...not enough to beat us...just irritating.

GO SKINS!

Comment

Yea what JD said!!! c'mon got to admit she is fun to look at lol.

I didn't recognize her with her " CLOTHES " on.
                  " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

No matter what our individual feelings on the series may be, we need to leave Kelly Kapowski out of it.

My feelings on this series pretty much mirror my feelings from the start of the 2nd half on. I've had this general feeling of dread that at the end of the season there would be some sort of run that ended up at the Joe and somehow Johnny Highlights would miracle his way into an extension. So here we are, and I find myself in a position where I can't decide between pulling for a quick and brutal end to the season or a continuation of the team of the last 3 games and see what happens. I honestly think it will take 120 to 180 minutes of effort like last Saturday night for an upset to even be a possability. But in the end, I think Miami gets it done in 2 and God willing Johnny is paying for his own tans next season, and I am looking back on this season as the end of the era of big expectations and bigger dissapointments. I will also look back on it as the "SEASON" where every "TIME" I read the message board, I "WANTED" to log off and "KILL MYSELF" because of the "POINTLESS" gramatical tendancies that some people "FELT" were "NEEDED".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk56 View Post
                      No matter what our individual feelings on the series may be, we need to leave Kelly Kapowski out of it.

My feelings on this series pretty much mirror my feelings from the start of the 2nd half on. I've had this general feeling of dread that at the end of the season there would be some sort of run that ended up at the Joe and somehow Johnny Highlights would miracle his way into an extension. So here we are, and I find myself in a position where I can't decide between pulling for a quick and brutal end to the season or a continuation of the team of the last 3 games and see what happens. I honestly think it will take 120 to 180 minutes of effort like last Saturday night for an upset to even be a possability. But in the end, I think Miami gets it done in 2 and God willing Johnny is paying for his own tans next season, and I am looking back on this season as the end of the era of big expectations and bigger dissapointments. I will also look back on it as the "SEASON" where every "TIME" I read the message board, I "WANTED" to log off and "KILL MYSELF" because of the "POINTLESS" gramatical tendancies that some people "FELT" were "NEEDED".
                      ummm might be my favorite post ever!!! Glad Im not the only one who noticed how brutal that is. Not to mention using every smilly available lol.

And yes Kelly Kapowski is rumored to be heading to oxford this weekend!

As for your assesment, OSU is certainly capable of winning this series IMO. I don't think it will happen however but they do have the talent to do it. Miami does have a deeper bench and is extremely motivated. The tournament title is one that has escaped Miami several times before and one that they want badly. I have had the chance to see the team skate over the time off and they are all business. The intense rivalry will only add to the play off atmosphere which will make it spectacular hockey to watch IMO. I don't see any 6-2 outcomes this weekend but if tOSU doesn't match Miami's intensity it could get ugly.

Comment

My absolute honest opinion on this is Miami is as solid a team as they come and it will require a herculean effort on OSU's part to have a chance of winning. Now I'm very torn on this as it would be great from the fan's perspective to be the spoiler this weekend, but also worried if we somehow do win, it may give Markell a chance at a contract extension which would be absolutely disastrous for our program. We will never be competitive on a regular basis with the top teams in the conference with him here. Now last weekend being the home team and a higher seed one could say we were expected to win against a team having an off year. Everything would have to go OSU's way in all aspects of the game to garner wins this weekend. The most dramatic win I think we had over Miami was the Super 6 the year we won the title. We battled back from behind to go into overtime, won the faceoff and J.B. Bittner took it in for a one timer and scored. I don't think hardly 10 seconds came off the clock and it went dead silent where the Miami fans sat in stunned disbelief. Nice memory but only a memory, Miami's a LOT tougher this year than they were that year. I think OSU's best chance is what mental attitude will Miami have? If they get it into their heads they can take us easily then it may backfire for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                          How about.....

Well if that's the case we certainly need some pro-Markell signs this weekend also to remind the Buckeyes that we in Oxford love having Markell as a rivalry partner, helps us chalk up some good conference points each season.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            Well if that's the case we certainly need some pro-Markell signs this weekend also to remind the Buckeyes that we in Oxford love having Markell as a rivalry partner, helps us chalk up some good conference points each season.
                            I'm sure your MAC rivals feel the same way about your football coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk56 View Post
                              My feelings on this series pretty much mirror my feelings from the start of the 2nd half on. I've had this general feeling of dread that at the end of the season there would be some sort of run that ended up at the Joe and somehow Johnny Highlights would miracle his way into an extension. So here we are, and I find myself in a position where I can't decide between pulling for a quick and brutal end to the season or a continuation of the team of the last 3 games and see what happens. I honestly think it will take 120 to 180 minutes of effort like last Saturday night for an upset to even be a possability. But in the end, I think Miami gets it done in 2 and God willing Johnny is paying for his own tans next season, and I am looking back on this season as the end of the era of big expectations and bigger dissapointments.
                              That has been my biggest fear, too ... that we will somehow go on a big run at the end of the season and save Johnny's job. Ultimately, though, I think Miami is too good of a team to stub their toes against us at home in a best-of-three series, and I don't think motivation will be a problem for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                                We liked it when Lloyd Carr was Michigan's football coach. As Brewmaster's signature says ... "All CCHA Coaches agree. Markell should stay."

Comment

Working...
                                X