Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
    I thought this was weird:

"Former first-round pick Kevin Shattenkirk, a defenseman who will leave Boston University to turn pro when his junior season is over, tops the list."

from http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14522973 which was linked from the blog.

I mean, we all pretty much agree that Shatty is gone, but it struck me as odd for the article to state it as pure fact.
    Obviously, the reporter spoke to hokydad prior to writing his report.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      "uh, Jack. would you please speak up? i record this and put it on my blog for innernet yahoos to listen to later. thanks!"

That right there could lead to some comments worth hearing.

Comment

Random stat - BU has allowed 29 more goals in HE play than BC this season.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          Obviously, the reporter spoke to hokydad prior to writing his report.
          Shatty is gone... Colby and Bonino will also go if the opportunity is right for them..... As soon as the season is done expect them to leave school.

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
            Shatty is gone... Colby and Bonino will also go if the opportunity is right for them..... As soon as the season is done expect them to leave school.
            I didn't really figure he had any reason to stay, since he has accelerated his degree to graduate early. But oh well.

I hope the opportunity isn't right just yet for Bonino, but with the way the Ducks GM was talking when he traded for him, I'd doubt they want to leave him here. Do the Ducks even have an AHL affiliate, though?
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
              I didn't really figure he had any reason to stay, since he has accelerated his degree to graduate early. But oh well.

I hope the opportunity isn't right just yet for Bonino, but with the way the Ducks GM was talking when he traded for him, I'd doubt they want to leave him here. Do the Ducks even have an AHL affiliate, though?
              Wouldn't it mess up the early degree thing for Shattenkirk if he left right after the season? Would he have to retake this semesters' classes?

Bottom line - we'll need Messrs Coyle, Nieto, Cleneding (hopefully) (sp?) and Yisse (if he is still coming next year) to be ready to help right the ship from day one.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post

I believe they have a few guys on the San Antonio Rampage with Phoenix (home of former Terrier Sean Sullivan), Toronto, and Manitoba - but they do not have an affiliate in the AHL. They do have an ECHL affiliate.)

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Wouldn't it mess up the early degree thing for Shattenkirk if he left right after the season? Would he have to retake this semesters' classes?
                  Depends on the classes. He might be able to do the work and take the exams. I'm pretty sure I read that he will have to take classes this summer either way to finish.

Photography

Comment

I know Colby is the one with the wicked slap shot, but I don't think I've ever seen a more incredible top corner one timer from the blue line than Warsofsky's goal last night.

So we now have a defenseman with 14 and another with 11, after not having one with more than 9 since 2002.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      I believe they have a few guys on the San Antonio Rampage with Phoenix (home of former Terrier Sean Sullivan), Toronto, and Manitoba - but they do not have an affiliate in the AHL. They do have an ECHL affiliate.)
                      Yes, they use Phoenix among other AHL teams, but no affiliate.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        If they don't settle that before next season, maybe they would rather have him here instead of starting his contract clock when he won't be in their close control?

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I know Colby is the one with the wicked slap shot, but I don't think I've ever seen a more incredible top corner one timer from the blue line than Warsofsky's goal last night.

So we now have a defenseman with 14 and another with 11, after not having one with more than 9 since 2002.
                          I agree, that was a heck of a shot. If I recall, it wasn't deflected either, was it? Just a pure snipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                            I agree, that was a heck of a shot. If I recall, it wasn't deflected either, was it? Just a pure snipe.
                            Seconded on that shot, and no, there was no deflection. I'm surprised his back swing didn't catch the boards on that, and he couldn't have placed it better. Some of that is luck, I suppose, but man, it was one hell of a shot.
                            Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

sorry for this incredibly unintelligent post but...

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

so yeah....3rd?

Considering what things looked like at Thanksgiving, I'm pretty **** pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X