Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    Southwest flies from Logan to STL - I just found a round trip price for a weekend at ~ $300 And get a bunch of people in your car and drive the Indiana - it's an incredibly easy drive and you'd have to get a rental if you flew anywhere to get to (Fort Wayne?) Get enough people to hop in your car and gas is surprisingly less expensive. I think we all paid about $50 a person for gas to get to Ann Arbor two years ago, and that included extra mileage getting lost going to Niagara Falls/almost driving into Canada!
    isn't it faster anyway to detoit by drivin through our 51st state??

i think the rule for extra games tourneys is no more than twice every four years.

and i'm not sure that christmas/nye break in chicago is as exciting as it sounds
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
      It might as well be since the chances of BU making the NCAAs is about the same as the chances of Rover remaining sober for a day.

Or the chances of Spin Control changing his underwear at least once a month.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        The Shillelagh is in Hoffman Estates, which is actually north of Chicago. It's actually just as close to Madison, WI, as it is to South Bend. 15 1/2 drive according to Google Maps. I drove out to Notre Dame last year for the bouncy ball game with a truck full of people, and you're definitely right about gas. I think we spent under $50 apiece on gas IIRC.
        It's kinda more fun that way too. Four of us drove out to Minnesota in 04. Two of us left Boston at about 9 am New Year's Day, drove to Framingham to pick up one guy, Wilkes-Barre to pick up the fourth and then headed out. It took us about 23 hours of driving, but it was a trip I'd do again in a heartbeat.

Also, it helped that the Friends basically plied us with whatever was left of their food when we left for the trek back. I think it was probably Paul Giandomenico who told us to grab it, because they (along with Jack and anyone else we saw from BU) was pretty impressed and pumped that we made that drive.

Some decent stories overall (can't tell all of em here, hahaha). Only thing I wish we could've done was stay one more day in the Twin Cities.
        I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          Re: comment on 10-11 OOC from the INCH podcast, it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong. I've heard of this GLI thing for a while now, and if we're really going to be playing ND to open their new arena, i have trouble seeing Parker wanting two trips out west to play CCHA teams.
          That's great, but the INCH podcast had BU going to the GLI in 2011-2012.
          BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
          CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
          2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
          2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Can someone invest in a "DON'T GO NICK!" poster for the evening?
            I, and next year's campaign, thank you.
            Boston University Hockey
            1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              The Shillelagh is in Hoffman Estates, which is actually north of Chicago. It's actually just as close to Madison, WI, as it is to South Bend. 15 1/2 drive according to Google Maps. I drove out to Notre Dame last year for the bouncy ball game with a truck full of people, and you're definitely right about gas. I think we spent under $50 apiece on gas IIRC.
              The Rosemont Horizon! DePaul's home court when I was growing up and they were good. Been there a few times. Including an NIT game between DePaul and Northwestern. (Okay, like anyone cares. Moving on...)

Hey ericredaxe, you work the the New York Times? (with your fancy "B.U.")

Would any outcome this weekend surprise anyone?

BU Hockey: The End.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
                Can someone invest in a "DON'T GO NICK!" poster for the evening?
                I, and next year's campaign, thank you.
                I agree, but I feel this is a lost cause. I also think Shatty will be out of here, and if Colorado offers, Colby will peace out too.

I've been thinking about captains next year under this assumption, and I would bet money Warsofsky will get at least an A. If Shatty and Bonino leave, I don't see who in that senior class of possibly Colby, Pereira, Kraus and Victor Saponari would get a letter besides Pereira. Next year could bring a repeat of the junior captain.
                April 11th 2009
                October 27th 2004
                October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
                  I agree, but I feel this is a lost cause. I also think Shatty will be out of here, and if Colorado offers, Colby will peace out too.

I've been thinking about captains next year under this assumption, and I would bet money Warsofsky will get at least an A. If Shatty and Bonino leave, I don't see who in that senior class of possibly Colby, Pereira, Kraus and Victor Saponari would get a letter besides Pereira. Next year could bring a repeat of the junior captain.
                  I've been saying this since the beginning of the season -- if Shattenkirk and Bonino leave, my prediction is that Warsofsky and Pereira will get C's and Connolly will get an A.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post

Assuming that #3, 13, and 25 all leave, Pereira is the only one in that class that could assume an official leadership role on the team - albeit by default b/c he'll be the only Senior that plays regularly.

Seriously, Pereira is one of the hardest workers on the team, has continued to improve (playing w/ an edge but no longer taking silly penalties). I hear he is also very well-liked by the coaching staff and teammates. Assuming he's selected to wear a C or A next season, he'll bring a different leadership style, as he's known for bringing comic relief and keeping things loose in the locker room.

Having said that, even if Shatty and/or Bonino returns for Senior year, I still see Warsofsky being named one of the captains next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      The Rosemont Horizon! DePaul's home court when I was growing up and they were good. Been there a few times. Including an NIT game between DePaul and Northwestern. (Okay, like anyone cares. Moving on...)
                      I thought the Shillelagh was @ the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Or the chances of Spin Control changing his underwear at least once a month.
                        Oh please. I am up to twice a month now.
                        Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                          Assuming that #3, 13, and 25 all leave, Pereira is the only one in that class that could assume an official leadership role on the team - albeit by default b/c he'll be the only Senior that plays regularly.

Seriously, Pereira is one of the hardest workers on the team, has continued to improve (playing w/ an edge but no longer taking silly penalties). I hear he is also very well-liked by the coaching staff and teammates. Assuming he's selected to wear a C or A next season, he'll bring a different leadership style, as he's known for bringing comic relief and keeping things loose in the locker room.

Having said that, even if Shatty and/or Bonino returns for Senior year, I still see Warsofsky being named one of the captains next year.
                          From what I understand there was at least one major non-hockey issue that caused 3 and 13 to both stay this year (different issues for both of them). The issue 3 had with leaving will no longer be a hang up, while 13's still will be, so if I were a betting man I'd say it's more likely 3 leaves than 13. 25 who knows, if he's offered a contract I get the feeling he'd leave but he has developed a lot in his 3 years here so I don't see why Colorado would be rushing to speed up his contract clock.

For captains, I agree, even if everyone stays Warsofsky would inherit the A Gryba would graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            I thought the Shillelagh was @ the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates
                            Never mind. As usual, I'm an idiot. Carry on.

I think Nick stays. You heard it here first.

BU Hockey: This Isn't The Off-Season Thread Yet!
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              From what I understand there was at least one major non-hockey issue that caused 3 and 13 to both stay this year (different issues for both of them). The issue 3 had with leaving will no longer be a hang up, while 13's still will be, so if I were a betting man I'd say it's more likely 3 leaves than 13. 25 who knows, if he's offered a contract I get the feeling he'd leave but he has developed a lot in his 3 years here so I don't see why Colorado would be rushing to speed up his contract clock.

For captains, I agree, even if everyone stays Warsofsky would inherit the A Gryba would graduate.
                              Hmmm, whatever could Agganis be talking about?
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post

speed up the contract clock on a guy with a bad attitude and who can't play defense to save his life?
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X