Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

carry on...

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Jumping the gun just a bit?
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Re: comment on 10-11 OOC from the INCH podcast, it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong. I've heard of this GLI thing for a while now, and if we're really going to be playing ND to open their new arena, i have trouble seeing Parker wanting two trips out west to play CCHA teams.
      time to write new history

Comment

I was hoping the next thread would be the BU 09-10 Offseason thread....you know, just for laughs. And sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
          I was hoping the next thread would be the BU 09-10 Offseason thread....you know, just for laughs. And sandbagging.
          It might as well be since the chances of BU making the NCAAs is about the same as the chances of Rover remaining sober for a day.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            Re: comment on 10-11 OOC from the INCH podcast, it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong. I've heard of this GLI thing for a while now, and if we're really going to be playing ND to open their new arena, i have trouble seeing Parker wanting two trips out west to play CCHA teams.
            Not to be mean, but INCH is wrong...a lot.
            Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 03-04-2010, 05:35 PM.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              Not to be mean, but INCH is wrong...a lot.
              Not to be mean, but that's why I wrote 'It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong.'

Comment

From Wikipedia:
                "Future participants will be Boston University (2010), Boston College (2011), and St. Cloud State (2012)."

Now that that's settled...
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  From Wikipedia:
                  "Future participants will be Boston University (2010), Boston College (2011), and St. Cloud State (2012)."

Now that that's settled...
                  Nuh uh

*****http://i200.***********.com/albums/aa37/fitch256/GLI.jpg******

Comment

Nuh uh

*****http://i200.***********.com/albums/aa37/fitch256/GLI.jpg******
                    Done. Thread over. Shut off the lights and lock the door.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

FWIW - I heard no GLI next season, but rather the Shileleigh (sp?) tourney as part of a 3-game deal with Notre Dame. And I heard Ice Breaker in St. Louis in October 2010, even though it hasn't been the requisite number of years. I want/need confirmation though as I want to plan my vacation time for the rest of the year.

Comment

I was just told not to hold my breath for the GLI. So, if I were a betting man, I'd put money on the Shillelagh. That won't be confirmed until ND announces the field, though. IceBreaker in St. Louis would be pretty cool. Not sure how I'm gonna get enough money for all these western trips. Probably by not traveling anywhere for NCAAs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          FWIW - I heard no GLI next season, but rather the Shileleigh (sp?) tourney as part of a 3-game deal with Notre Dame. And I heard Ice Breaker in St. Louis in October 2010, even though it hasn't been the requisite number of years. I want/need confirmation though as I want to plan my vacation time for the rest of the year.
                          3 game deal? how would that work? game this season +1 against nd in shilaleiahssaahksdfagh? then another at ND? kind of an odd deal there. St Louis would be fun, but i'd be concerned about attendance - who are the other teams? They'd better not be the likes of Lowell, Army, and St. Lawrence or it'll be a total flop. Why not throw it in Chicago where it's an easy and cheap flight for an eastern team from Boston/NY, and a chip shot for WCHA/CCHA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            I was just told not to hold my breath for the GLI. So, if I were a betting man, I'd put money on the Shillelagh. That won't be confirmed until ND announces the field, though. IceBreaker in St. Louis would be pretty cool. Not sure how I'm gonna get enough money for all these western trips. Probably by not traveling anywhere for NCAAs this year.
                            Southwest flies from Logan to STL - I just found a round trip price for a weekend at ~ $300 And get a bunch of people in your car and drive the Indiana - it's an incredibly easy drive and you'd have to get a rental if you flew anywhere to get to (Fort Wayne?) Get enough people to hop in your car and gas is surprisingly less expensive. I think we all paid about $50 a person for gas to get to Ann Arbor two years ago, and that included extra mileage getting lost going to Niagara Falls/almost driving into Canada!
                            Last edited by slurpees; 03-04-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Southwest flies from Logan to STL - I just found a round trip price for a weekend at ~ $300 And get a bunch of people in your car and drive the Indiana - it's an incredibly easy drive and you'd have to get a rental if you flew anywhere to get to (Fort Wayne?) Get enough people to hop in your car and gas is surprisingly less expensive. I think we all paid about $50 a person for gas to get to Ann Arbor two years ago, and that included extra mileage getting lost going to Niagara Falls/almost driving into Canada!
                              The Shillelagh is in Hoffman Estates, which is actually north of Chicago. It's actually just as close to Madison, WI, as it is to South Bend. 15 1/2 drive according to Google Maps. I drove out to Notre Dame last year for the bouncy ball game with a truck full of people, and you're definitely right about gas. I think we spent under $50 apiece on gas IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X