2010 IIHF World Women's U18 Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 IIHF World Women's U18 Championship

During the olympics there were fliers that universal sports would have coverage online and on TV
    The WCHA Dynasty
    Wisconsin
    National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
    MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
    National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
    MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
    National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
    MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Granted there are some very talented players on the USA team, but as always politics are involved again. Trust me, there are some girls who are not on this team who are better than some of those picked. Not sour grapes just the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkie View Post
        Not sour grapes just the truth.
        I prefer fermented grapes.

Well, not really, but it fit.
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
          I prefer fermented grapes.

Well, not really, but it fit.
          I prefer grape jelly over, say, strawberry preserves, or marmalade.

Comment

Granted there are some very talented players on the USA team, but as always politics are involved again. Trust me, there are some girls who are not on this team who are better than some of those picked. Not sour grapes just the truth.
            If they truly deserve it, they will get their chance! As usual, here we go again!

Comment

When I ordered my tickets for U18 Worlds, I was told I was the first to order and they still have not processed the order as they appear not to know what to do with it. anyone else order tickets yet? Anyone else know what to make of the order form? No room for multiple orders of both rounds and finals etc. Just wondering

Comment

Have to agree with you Sharkie. I think this team appears to have been very politically influenced. I can think of 4-5 girls that I am shocked were not given a shot. I think Canada will this tournament handily. That sais I will still be rooting for the USA. Tickets should be plentiful.

Comment

Puck drops in a few days so time to move this up to the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                    Thanks for bringing this to the top. Deleted the one I just started to avoid duplication.

Comment

Post moved in here from the Dup Thread now deleted.....

Originally posted by OnMAA
                      U18 Worlds coming up shortly.

Time to get a discussion going on it. USA is two time defending champs. My betting money is on another US - Canuck final.

The Canucks are currently prepping in a training camp in Toronto. Anyone know what the US squad is doing to prep ?.
                      Canada U18's played an exhibition game tonight against an OUA select team and lost 4-2. They will play an OWHA U18 select team tomorrow.
                      Last edited by OnMAA; 03-23-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post

Canada U18's played an exhibition game tonight against an OUA select team and lost 4-2. They will play an OWHA U18 select team tomorrow.
                        I passed by Michele Amidon several times this weekend and each time forgot to ask what the US girls would be up to this week.

Comment

The US team has been in Chicago since the weekend, and is playing exhibitions against a Chicago Mission boys team.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post

Canada U18's lost to an OWHA select team 3-2 tonight. Were also shut out in a shootout competition 1-0.

This result illustrates the phenomenal depth of the talent pool in the PWHL, and the strength of goaltending as well, given the winning team was outshot more than 2 to 1.

The Canada U18's have been practicing together as a team since Saturday; the team they played was thrown together at the last minute for tonight's game and most of these players' seasons have been finished for 1-3 weeks.

Perhaps even more noteworthy was the fact that more than a dozen Team Ontario players who won national gold and silver medals did not even participate in this contest due to injuries, Provincial HS championship conflicts, etc....including a few who had been part of the Team Canada "final 40" selection camps in the summer.

Comment

The US team has been in Chicago since the weekend, and is playing exhibitions against a Chicago Mission boys team.
                              and how are the girls doing in the games? Chicago Mission boys are usually the top teams in Chicago in the past few years. Should be a great warm up to the tournament.
                              GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
                                and how are the girls doing in the games? Chicago Mission boys are usually the top teams in Chicago in the past few years. Should be a great warm up to the tournament.
                                Geez...wonder where they got that idea from...

Comment

Working...
                                X