X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

[QUOTE=e.cat;4677133]
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post

right. geez i could have sworn you said something like, "So much for the sanctity of Catholic teachings." if that's bc bashing find another way to bash them please.
    I pointed out correctly that BC has proposed moving the gravesite of one of the most prominent Catholic bishops ever to serve the Boston Diocese in order to pave the way for new construction. If you think that is consistent with Catholic or any other religious teachings, fine, but don't twist my words.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      I understand that getting a #1 seed in the NCAA's is not a big deal to UNH fans, as that only means that you'll lose to a 4 seed instead of a 2 or 3, but to teams with national aspirations, moving into the top four in the PWR is a pretty big deal.
      HA. So true. I doesn't really matter. It's a Umiliation every NCAA tourney in same way or another.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
        I like our chances of possibly facing BC at the Garden. A LOT! HA!
        Hahahhaa. When was the last time UNH beat BC in that building? Was the old Garden still standing?

I guess you're hoping for the law of averages to be on UNH's side?

Hahahahaa. You hillbillies are HIlarious.
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          HA. So true. I doesn't really matter. It's a Umiliation every NCAA tourney in same way or another.
          Wow, what a clever turn of a phrase. I don't think I've ever heard that one before. Got any more gems that we rubes can absorb?

Comment

Hey, hey now....cant we all just be happy? I mean chit, look atit this way

UHN got their coveted RS trophy
            BC proved they're better than UHN, at least away from the Whittmorgue
            BU finally proved Jackie isnt washed up
            Maine backed into home ice for the QF's preserving the integrity of the big 4
            UML and the Blaiser stayed out of the police blotter for a whole season
            Mack got out of the basement in a big way...c'est la vie
            UMass gave indications of life at the end of the season
            VT actually made playoffs
            NU's Cronin didnt bust his fist this season (at least that we know of)
            PC finally has the last nail to put in Army's 'coffin'
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
              Please don't get us confused with Maine.
              Quiet hillbilly (that Toyota does nothing for you).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Overachieving? Take a look at our goal differential. Based on our pythagorean expectation, we're underachieving a TON.
                See unhpuckfan2001's post below for an explanation of the points you missed.

What's that? I'm sorry, the glare from this picture I had open in another window prevented me from reading that.
                And given how "awesome" we hear BC is each and every year, there should be a ton more in there.

The difference between UNH and BC is that had it been BC, we wouldn't be hanging our hats on a regular season trophy when we had just played 105 minutes of **** hockey in one weekend.
                The difference is expectations. No one, not even UNH fans, thought UNH would be the #1 seed heading into the playoffs. Through a good chunk of the first half of the season, most thought we'd be on the road, not even in the top 4, and probably needing some big wins to make the NCAA's. So, yeah, UNH overachieved, and we're pretty excited about it.

UNH may not have played the greatest weekend of hockey, but they did what they had to do.

Yup, utter Umiliation.
                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                -Fred Shero

Comment

Quiet hillbilly (that Toyota does nothing for you).
                  I'm pretty sure it warranted a high five from you.
                  UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                    As awesome as that games was (I wasn't even angry a BU 2nd game was delayed AGAIN it was so awesome) are you really going to use that box score as defense against a school that has 3 NC winning ones?
                    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Rover's just pumped that BU gained home ice!!!
                      Well, I was going to say something about how we didn't finish too far behind that BC juggernaut of yours...then I realized you went to Westfield St. and not BC so why are you here again?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Apparently we'd have to in order to be allowed to get excited about our team overachieving their way to the #1 seed.
                        RS title = small picture. PWR/NCAAs = big picture. Which fans are looking at which here? It's so UNH to think small picture right now. I guess we're both happy (at least for a week or two for UNH fans).

Do BC teams ever actually "over" achieve? We hear about how awesome they are every year...
                        BC doesn't underachieve or overachieve. They simply achieve.

8 FFs in 12 the last 12 years, 2 national titles in the last 12 years. No one can beat that in the same span.

Given their expectations every year, you can't overachieve when all you expect is to win it all every year.

It's a wonderful problem to have. UNH might want to raise expectations but that would be a bad idea and leave a lot of hillbillies sad at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          As awesome as that games was (I wasn't even angry a BU 2nd game was delayed AGAIN it was so awesome) are you really going to use that box score as defense against a school that has 3 NC winning ones?
                          Just pointing out that you don't have to look too far back to find an example of an NCAA tourney in which UNH wasn't "Umiliated".
                          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Well, I was going to say something about how we didn't finish too far behind that BC juggernaut of yours...then I realized you went to Westfield St. and not BC so why are you here again?
                            BU finished closer to 9th place/missing the playoffs (4 points away) than they did to BC (7 points away)...but hey who's counting?
                            Boston College '12
                            1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

RS title = small picture. PWR/NCAAs = big picture. Which fans are looking at which here? It's so UNH to think small picture right now. I guess we're both happy (at least for a week or two for UNH fans).
                              #1 seed (theoretically) helps in the HE playoffs, which could help with PWR/NCAAs. It would have been nice to get a win last night, so I'm not happy UNH lost last night. I'm not devastated, either, though.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4677222]

I pointed out correctly that BC has proposed moving the gravesite of one of the most prominent Catholic bishops ever to serve the Boston Diocese in order to pave the way for new construction. If you think that is consistent with Catholic or any other religious teachings, fine, but don't twist my words.
                                i didn't twist your words. i called you out and quoted you word for word.
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X