New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Personally from the other end of the rink, it seemed to me the whistle blew (what for I have no idea ... maybe an assumed touching of the puck on the delayed penalty?) before the goal went in. But obviously we were far away.

Shocked BC was awarded that goal.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Ok from the post game press conference they do have the audio in reviews. Not sure if they have audio every game or just the TV games.

Refs told Umile it was clear to them in the review the puck was in the net before the (errant) whistle. Further Umile thinks the errant whistle was for too many men by BC, linemen didn't know there was a delayed call.

Also York didn't pull the goalie becasue of the NCAA implications. He said he made the decision earlier in the week that the ultimate goal is the NCAA title and he didn't want an empty net game winner to effect the NCAAs.
      Last edited by JB; 03-05-2010, 11:35 PM.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

The whistle clearly blew before the shot was taken. No goal. Oh well.
        AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

How the heck do they continually get this stuff wrong with the reviews? I don't get it.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Its the result of having two non-refs as your refs.
            The biggest game (possibly games) of the weekend regarding the regular season championship and they throw two glorified linesmen out there with the armbands? Quality.

That said, I honestly thought BC was gonna run away with this one after the 3rd goal. Figured the gap was much bigger than even we thought, but UNH played a great third period, and attacked at every opportunity. I was actually scared when BC finally got a shot after the 3rd UNH goal, that Foster would have fallen asleep, but he made some good plays to close the game out. Milner, as Muse had done in November, made some really good saves after UNH tied it, or it could have been a regulation win.

PWR-wise tomorrow is a big game, hopefully UNH can take another point or two, but I'd imagine BC'll come out tough at home.

While watching the game tonight, in OT when BC called timeout with like 24 seconds left, did anyone think they might pull the goalie? I'm not surprised they didn't, but the thought crossed my mind.. Though in the grand scheme, for BC, the regular season title doesn't mean that much, and the ramifications of losing might have been greater on the PWR...

Either way, exciting game tonight, good luck both teams tomorrow!

Comment

Count me as another BC fan at the game who heard the whistle before the puck went in. We were stunned they called it a goal.

It would have been AWFUL if the bad whistle cost us a goal, but I think to the letter of the rule it was the wrong call.

Although, it *does* say that they can call a whistle from when the ref "intended" to blow it... maybe he "intended" to blow it after he did!
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I have decide I love Biz Jacobs. I have only seen her face in the little picture but I love her... for the video online of the news conferences. There is so much more when you hear York, Umile and the UNH players than after it is filtered into a story.

Big thing I heard was UNH players are worried about the PWR and the NCAAs and said tomorrow is just as important as tonight. Another sign of a UNH team with it sights set in the right direction. It will be even better if they back it up on the ice tomorrow win lose or draw.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  How the heck do they continually get this stuff wrong with the reviews? I don't get it.
                  Like I said.....watching live, I'm positive the whistle came before the goal, if not the shot.

NESNs replay seemed pretty obvious that it had the whistle occurring after the goal.

Since my experience watching on TV jibes with those in attendance, I'm thinking that there was a synchronization issue with NESNs video and audio feeds.
                  113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

How often do fans of both team think the refs made the wrong call on something like this?

I think there is too much nicey-nice going on here... rough'em up rough'em up BC... ah I can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                      Since my experience watching on TV jibes with those in attendance, I'm thinking that there was a synchronization issue with NESNs video and audio feeds.
                      One of the player's parents I was sitting next to seemed to think that might have been what happened too.

Also, I got like 8 million texts during the game from people telling me that I was on NESN a bunch of times with my trumpet. Also TC supposedly said "It's very quiet here, except for the BC trumpet guy."

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        I think there is too much nicey-nice going on here... rough'em up rough'em up BC... ah I can't do it.
                        I think for the most part, the BC fans on this forum are the knowledgeable ones (even though we may fan the flame wars here and there), and we're going to call a spade a spade. To me it just looked like the wrong call - but, as was mentioned, I really think there might have been a synchronization error in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Also TC supposedly said "It's very quiet here, except for the BC trumpet guy."
                          Honestly, I don't recall Caron saying that, but he might have. I WAS drinking heavily at the time.

No offense, but I don't think they should have let you play. There isn't a quid pro quo thing going on here as in the women's games. I highly doubt that I would be allowed to play at Conte tonight.

But really, I was more p*ssed at our ******** sound guy for playing the fog horn after BCs 2nd "goal."
                          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

No offense, but I don't think they should have let you play.
                            ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iMpXAknykeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iMpXAknykeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                            I highly doubt that I would be allowed to play at Conte tonight.
                            You would be correct. But that's because of Conte's super duper awesome TeamOps crew, really.
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-06-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              You would be correct. But that's because of Conte's super duper awesome TeamOps crew, really.
                              It's "Storm Troopers." Get it right.

Athletics asked if I was allowed to play at Conte for women's games before letting you play at the Whitt.

Me thinks they assumed that BCs same ambivalent attitude carried over to the men's side. And one could hardly fault them. Will most of the crowd show up by the 1st intermission tomorrow?
                              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Like I said.....watching live, I'm positive the whistle came before the goal, if not the shot.

NESNs replay seemed pretty obvious that it had the whistle occurring after the goal.

I don't know about any of you, but I am going to blame Craig Janney.
                                AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Working...
                                X