Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    There was talk about Marvin getting suspended, did it happen? I didn't keep up with the rumor mill.
    Not yet, but it sounds likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      The Mankato Captian better have a wingman by him all weekend if Marvin plays.
      Mankato's captain was already injured once this season on a really bad cheap shot.

I'm forgetting which team that was though...
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Need a sweep. (Probably)

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          I was all set to go Friday night, but now my son has hockey at 5:30 so I can't make it.
          Balls.

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
          I will be attending both games.
          I'll be making my first trek to 'Kato for hockey, and we've got a group of 8, so should be good times.

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
          Not yet, but it sounds likely.
          If he was gonna get suspended, shouldn't it have already happened? Can they wait over a week to suspend someone?

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          Need a sweep. (Probably)
          I disagree. They need a split. 2 points on Friday gets us a guaranteed top 3 finish. Finishing 2nd or 3rd is UAA or MSU-M, which isn't a huge difference, particularly at home. I'd rather play a series in Mankato than in Anchorage, but you can argue we'd rather play the Seawolves in the playoffs because they're night and day in Anchorage and on the mainland. Plus even if we sweep we need the Gophers to split.

Anyone have an update on Festler or Raboin? Is MSU-M at full strength?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I'll be in St. Cloud.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Sorry for starting a second thread; I missed this one. Don't the mods combine duplicate threads?
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                Sorry for starting a second thread; I missed this one. Don't the mods combine duplicate threads?
                Mods?
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Mods?
                  Indeed. Laughable.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Mods?
                    Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Indeed. Laughable.
                    Silly me. I moderate a different sports board that uses this same software, and combining threads takes about four mouse clicks.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

After the fits the Cows gave DU this weekend, SCSU has their work cut out for me. For PWR sake I think we need to sweep--it would be nice to hold on to the number 1 seed.
                      I certainly think UAA is a much better draw in the playoffs, as they've had no luck at the NHC since it's inception.
                      But rather than worrying about that, SCSU just needs to beat the teams they should be beating---whether it's Mankato State or UAA.
                      If they do that they'll be in good position for the FF and hopefully hold on to a #1 seed for the NCAAs.
                      St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
                        After the fits the Cows gave DU this weekend, SCSU has their work cut out for me. For PWR sake I think we need to sweep--it would be nice to hold on to the number 1 seed.
                        I certainly think UAA is a much better draw in the playoffs, as they've had no luck at the NHC since it's inception.
                        But rather than worrying about that, SCSU just needs to beat the teams they should be beating---whether it's Mankato State or UAA.
                        If they do that they'll be in good position for the FF and hopefully hold on to a #1 seed for the NCAAs.
                        My prediction: Huskies win a tough 4-1 game friday at Mankato and then Lee sieves out and the Huskies lose senior night 4-2 in St. Cloud.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          My prediction: Huskies win a tough 4-1 game friday at Mankato and then Lee sieves out and the Huskies lose senior night 4-2 in St. Cloud.
                          My prediction: Huskies sweep and the Mankato fan from my quote continues to be baffled by whether this sport has innings or quarters.
                          Originally posted by Mankato student
                          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                          -- Peter Klein

Comment

how does the tiebreaker work with Wisconsin if we finish tied with them? 2-2 head to head against them, what is the next stat used?
                            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                            www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

One point guarantees now lower then 4th, two points clinches third and a three point or a sweep and we would still need help from Gophers to finish 2nd with Wisconsin having a two point lead.

Not sure on the tie breaker, but it sounds as if we may have it from what I have been hearing.
                              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                                how does the tiebreaker work with Wisconsin if we finish tied with them? 2-2 head to head against them, what is the next stat used?
                                Assuming that Wisconsin splits with Minnesota and SCSU sweeps Mankato, then the tiebreakers go like this...

1. Head to Head (tied, 2 wins each)
                                2. Conference Wins (17 for UW and 17 for SCSU)
                                3. Goal differential for all of the games the two teams played against eachother (14 SCSU, 13 UW)
                                scsuhockey.com
                                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Working...
                                X