Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Got my tickets today. I'll probably go if I'm not too busy on Saturday.

My roommate and I will be the ones chanting "Safety Schools"

Seriously though, should be a great tilt at the CC.

As far as the goalie, I heard Beckwith, but I don't know where that fell on the spectrum ranging from "Just my buddies hunch" to "What Gosek is planning on." Even if it was closer to the latter - it was Tuesday - so it could change.
    Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      Anyone know if Saturday is a White-Out, Green(e)-Out, Black-Out or Pass-Out...?
      For some, all four of those, in precisely that order
      Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
      A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
      A Handful of ECAC West Championships
      A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
      Some National Championships:
      Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
      Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        Anyone know if Saturday is a White-Out, Green(e)-Out, Black-Out or Pass-Out...?
        Eagle, the theme, according to our highly-concerned-about-welfare-and-clean-crowds administration, is apparently "The Whiteout II": for a game of its kind that has never been seen before in the Campus Center, and completely unrelated in nature and implications to the previous match, save that in the same teams... not that I don't have an opinion about it.

In short, Whiteout again - wear white to blend in, or wear other colors to stump the "fair weather Whiteout Fans" and the trend of buying half-baked shirts that say "LAKE" - "RS"
        "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
        this is for you."
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Posted a new movie for Round 3 PSU v OSU (shameless plug, as always ) - it's a bit different from the others, due to the "computerized theme", but please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdfqzGeO08
          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
          this is for you."
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Pretty cool Ranger, I liked the "computer" theme....
            Jim Reisdorf
            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
              Pretty cool Ranger, I liked the "computer" theme....
              Thanks man
              this is for you."

Comment

Yeah pretty cool Ranger..... but what if it's NOT the final battle???? hmmmmmm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Id just sit in the Student section. But I would wear a Taylor jersey

Actually..ya know what.

If anyone gets me a Taylor Plattsburgh jersey I'll switch to being a Cards fan
                  You'd be dead to me if you do switch.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Big happenings in campus media this Saturday:

SUNYAC Men's Ice Hockey Championship To Be Broadcast On TV and Internet

SUNY Oswego and the Oswego State Athletic Department are pleased to announce that Saturday's SUNYAC men’s ice hockey championship game between No. 2 nationally-ranked Oswego State (24-2-0) and No. 4 nationally-ranked Plattsburgh (18-4-4) will be televised on three separate TV channels and over the Internet beginning at 5:30 p.m. Campus station WTOP will be providing a television broadcast on campus channel 10, local cable access channel 96, and Time Warner Digital Cable Channel 1026, which is available to the North Country viewing area including Syracuse, Auburn, Binghamton, and Utica. A live webcast will be available at www.oswego.edu/athletics/live.
                    Programming on channels 10, 96, and 1026 will start at 5:30 p.m. with the most recent episode of the Laker Lowdown. Hockey Night in Oswego will feature an hour-long pre-game show starting at 6 p.m. to discuss the upcoming contest with the puck dropping at 7 p.m.

A live radio broadcast will also provided by WNYO (88.9 FM) and is available at www.wnyo.org, as well as live stats, which can be accessed at www.sidearmstats.com/oswego/mhockey.
                    Those in the North Country can watch it digitally on TV if the Internet doesn't suit them. Coverage is going to be available to millions of people via television. I'm not sure if it's a first, but either way it is huge.

Here's the link to the article
                    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
                      Yeah pretty cool Ranger..... but what if it's NOT the final battle???? hmmmmmm!!!
                      Speculations run rampant - I'll gladly edit it if the two SUNYAC titans meet AGAIN in the NCAA. As interesting as that chance seems, I've got to admit that I wouldn't mind a little more variety in matches - such as seeing teams that we haven't played 3 times already .

Go figure, and see what happens - for all SUNYAC intensive purposes though, this IS the final battle between the Lakers and Cardinals. There's a long road ahead yet for a PSU/OSU meeting in the NCAA's - I'll gladly eat my words if fate determines yet another meeting.
                      this is for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                        Speculations run rampant - I'll gladly edit it if the two SUNYAC titans meet AGAIN in the NCAA. As interesting as that chance seems, I've got to admit that I wouldn't mind a little more variety in matches - such as seeing teams that we haven't played 3 times already .

Go figure, and see what happens - for all SUNYAC intensive purposes though, this IS the final battle between the Lakers and Cardinals. There's a long road ahead yet for a PSU/OSU meeting in the NCAA's - I'll gladly eat my words if fate determines yet another meeting.
                        "Intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes"

Just like the national anthem does not begin with "Jose can you see?"

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                          "Intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes"

Just like the national anthem does not begin with "Jose can you see?"
                          "It's about a spanish guy?!"

WOW!
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

FYI if you have TWCable in Central/Upstate NY (let's not debate THAT again...) and prefer television over your laptop, WTOP's coverage of Plattsburgh v Oswego SUNYAC final will be on digital channel 1500...Pre-game starts at 6p.
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Oswego fans shouldn't forget one of the oldest saws in sports. Beating the same team three times in one season is almost impossible to do.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                Oswego fans shouldn't forget one of the oldest saws in sports. Beating the same team three times in one season is almost impossible to do.
                                ....keep playin those mind games together.....Lennon was a Laker fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X