No announcement yet.

UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Not an entirely necessary post. I just thought I'd point it out.
    GO MAINE

Comment

Clock management at the end of the game was a complete "horror show". Anyone know why the whistle was blown with about 3.1 seconds left? Was the puck being trapped? The next 3.1 seconds ended up lasting about 8 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Clock management at the end of the game was a complete "horror show". Anyone know why the whistle was blown with about 3.1 seconds left? Was the puck being trapped? The next 3.1 seconds ended up lasting about 8 seconds.
        I believe they called icing on Maine with 3.1 seconds left, and then I think a penalty was called with "1.1 seconds left" - though nobody went to the box (quotes because the game ended twice before it "actually" ended). Idk what was going on with the clock because like you said, play went on for at least 8 seconds when it said 3.1, then the clock didn't start when it said 1.1 until the teams were shaking hands. Messy end to the game, it really took away from the moment from the crowd's point of view, IMO.
        PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Officer Benny did his best to help UHN tie it up

Comment

The clock incident was one of the main topics in the post game presser along with Pavalski's penalty. Umile wasn't to pleased. Maine players were impressed Darling and Dee
            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

I haven't read all the new posts put up since the loss but if UNH didn't give Maine 2 points tell what happened then.Granted Maine has a very skilled team and will take advantage of any given oppurtunity but Jesus did we give that game away...Pavelski is a Freshman, so okay let's chalk that up to future investment but the icings at the end of the 2nd, in zone turnovers and lackadaisical play cost them the tying goal....man, they had Alfond asleep and were controlling the game....to give up those points...no wonder Umile is ****ed...that sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                Maine should just have nyquist carry the puck into the zone every time. He can't be trapped.
                I thought as a whole Maine did a decent job carrying the puck out, especially if you can remember the last 2 years which was beyond a horror show

When Maine shot the puck at the empty net which led to the clock nightmare, didn't the puck hit the post?

While Darling was great at the end of the game, I thought Foster was just as good and Maine should or easily could have had a lead after 1. Ton of Grade A's in the 1st and Foster was huge.

I thought Van Dyk and Hegarty were really bothered by UNHs speed, both looked shaky to me.

Not having Carriere out there hurt Maines 4th line. I like Diamond with Shemansky. I still think Diamond had a great game, I just like the Anderson, Carriere Swallow line. I think Carriere is out with a knee issue.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Good win last night. Interesting game. The score could have been 5-2 in either direction if the goalies didnt step up like they did. Both teams have scarey offenses, both have scarey goalies. Should be another barn burner tonight. I like our chances for a sweep here though. Gotta continue taking it to 'em and playing the body all over the ice. Would loved to have seen Mangene playing last night in that environment. Got a feeling he would have enjoyed it with his speed. Man, Nyquist just gets craftier and craftier every game.

Didnt get a good look at Dee goals. What'd he do, snap a shot off the faceoff?

They gotta go 4-4-1 the rest of the way to hit my 17-13-4 mark.
                  Last edited by acs64; 02-06-2010, 06:59 AM.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I think the clock issues were, at 3.1 seconds Maine iced the puck, narrowly missing the UHN empty net. Then, Maine won the ensuing faceoff to the near corner, but a Maine player fell on the puck so the ref's couldn't see it so they blew the whistle with 1.1 seconds. It was frustrating at the time and almost seemed like the refs were giving UHN one, make that two last chances to score off a faceoff play, but did make sense once I thought about it. But when the game was finally over and the players and coaches were walking off the ice, there was still 0.6 seconds on the scoreboard clock, then 0.3 seconds, and then finally 0. Time to find a non dope smoking work study kid to run the clock...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Not having Carriere out there hurt Maines 4th line. I like Diamond with Shemansky. I still think Diamond had a great game, I just like the Anderson, Carriere Swallow line. I think Carriere is out with a knee issue.
                      I agree with you about Carriere, but according to Thursday's Portland Press Herald, it sounds like we may be without him the rest of the way: "The Black Bears, though, will be without senior center Brett Carriere, who suffered a sprained MCL in the third period of Saturday's 4-4 tie at Vermont, and he could be out for up to eight weeks"

Comment

One of the things I'm really liking about this team is that they dont seem to have any quit in them. Down 2 the second night at Vermont and they come back to tie it, down 2 to UHN and come back to win it. Nice to see. Lets see if they dont quit on a sweep tonight.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                          I haven't read all the new posts put up since the loss but if UNH didn't give Maine 2 points tell what happened then.Granted Maine has a very skilled team and will take advantage of any given oppurtunity but Jesus did we give that game away...Pavelski is a Freshman, so okay let's chalk that up to future investment but the icings at the end of the 2nd, in zone turnovers and lackadaisical play cost them the tying goal....man, they had Alfond asleep and were controlling the game....to give up those points...no wonder Umile is ****ed...that sucked!
                          I will tell you what happened, Maine continued to work hard and continued taking the play to UNH. Maine played a disciplined game and did not take stupid penalties, like Pavelski took. Maine earned this win plain and simple, you may think UNH gave the game away, but UNH played good, just not as good as Maine when it counted.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

Didnt get a good look at Dee goals. What'd he do, snap a shot off the faceoff?
                            )
                            Yes, he missed another by inches in the first. He's in another zone compared to his previous 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                              I think the clock issues were, at 3.1 seconds Maine iced the puck, narrowly missing the UHN empty net. Then, Maine won the ensuing faceoff to the near corner, but a Maine player fell on the puck so the ref's couldn't see it so they blew the whistle with 1.1 seconds. It was frustrating at the time and almost seemed like the refs were giving UHN one, make that two last chances to score off a faceoff play, but did make sense once I thought about it. But when the game was finally over and the players and coaches were walking off the ice, there was still 0.6 seconds on the scoreboard clock, then 0.3 seconds, and then finally 0. Time to find a non dope smoking work study kid to run the clock...
                              Where the heck have you been? Good to see ya back posting

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                He's in another zone compared to his previous 2 years
                                Imagine how good he would be if Maine had a coach who could develop talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X