No announcement yet.

UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH at Maine - Feb 5/6 (Flame on!!)

Originally posted by BobF View Post
    Yeah those Kariya kids almost broke us with the cars we had to buy them!

Then we had to hire lingerie models who could tutor them too! Do you know how hard that was to do in Maine!!!!
    were those lingerie models one baggers or two baggers? i'm just sayin'
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

HUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE victory for the Bears. Maine showed a lot of heart in their comeback. Nice effort fellas.
      PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by gusforhobey89 View Post
        HUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE victory for the Bears. Maine showed a lot of heart in their comeback. Nice effort fellas.
        Maybe the best comeback of the Whitehead Era?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
          Recent history says a UNH sweep........but I'll say a split by identical 4-3 scores.......take your pick on which night each team wins.
          I meant 3-2.

Comment

Of course there will be. They'll be lucky to break 5,000 for each game.
            4,951 was tonight's attendance.

Comment

The game started as I thought it might, UNH blowing by Maines D. After the 2nd goal MAine looked done. A pipe to pipe save by Darling on the PK and Joey Diamond taking the puck into the crease turned the momentum toward Maine. In past years that wouldn't have done it but Maines 1st line can skate with anyone and Dees shot off the faceoff was awesome. Darling looked shaky at first but once that PK save was made he was awesome. He made a toe save in the 3rd that was as good as any save you'll see. Good stuff. Can't believe they killed off that 5 on 3.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

short memory sandie?? how about the comeback against harvard to go to the frozen four ?? trailing 4-1 entering the third and win in regulation,the only catch being it was harvard. Easily the best comeback in the last 3 yrs though.

Comment

Of the post-Standbrook era for sure.

There was that one against Harvard in the NCAAs in 2004 though.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Darling looked shaky at first but once that PK save was made he was awesome. He made a toe save in the 3rd that was as good as any save you'll see. Good stuff.
                    Sounds like Darling's been the difference all year. His play/confidence are night and day from the second half last year.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Sounds like Darling's been the difference all year. His play/confidence are night and day from the second half last year.
                      He was on the right post and the puck went to the left and the forward,Desimone? one timed it and Darling got all the way over to the other post and tipped it out. It was a beauty.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine should just have nyquist carry the puck into the zone every time. He can't be trapped.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          He was on the right post and the puck went to the left and the forward,Desimone? one timed it and Darling got all the way over to the other post and tipped it out. It was a beauty.
                          It was Desimone. Unbelievable save. We sat there shaking our heads for a few minutes after that one. I was really impressed by Maine's team speed, especially the Nyquist line. He can really create.
                          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by lilscootch View Post
                            short memory sandie?? how about the comeback against harvard to go to the frozen four ?? trailing 4-1 entering the third and win in regulation,the only catch being it was harvard. Easily the best comeback in the last 3 yrs though.
                            Doh! (I knew that I was missing something ) Definitely one of the best comebacks recently as you stated.

Comment

Dee's goal was ********** amazing. Caught Foster completely off guard.
                              PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

That was a great comeback, but it was the overtime win over Wisconsin the next night that got them to the frozen four.
                                GO MAINE

Comment

Working...
                                X