This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 98: Favorite Alter Ego

I decided earlier this week that I need to get in better shape and lose a little weight. So I'm starting to ride an exercise bike for an hour each night after work, and eating better/less. You people that enjoy doing this exercise **** are effing masochists.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Instead of showering, I dirtied up some dishes. Made spinach ravioli (from a frozen bag) and created a sauce of sauteed walnuts, garlic, basil, oregano, and French thyme in some grapeseed oil.
      Sounds good; I'll have to try making that myself.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I decided earlier this week that I need to get in better shape and lose a little weight. So I'm starting to ride an exercise bike for an hour each night after work, and eating better/less. You people that enjoy doing this exercise **** are effing masochists.
      That may be so, but I've learned if I don't exercise, I get cranky and am more likely to snap at the worst possible time. Exercise releases endorphins, which allow me to relax.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Sounds good; I'll have to try making that myself.
        Recipe and pix in Cooks thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          amen... but do it anyways... what i hate is all the time it eats each day since i've seem to stretched out the gym time to something like an hour and half.

You do it not because you want to but because life isn't going to be fair for you. At least, that's why I'm doing it. I'm exercising because I don't want to die alone of a heart attack at age 45. I deserve to live a good long time and I deserve to be with somebody. That's why I'm doing it.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Recipe and pix in Cooks thread.
            Thank you; all I need is the grapeseed oil and I'll be set.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Thank you; all I need is the grapeseed oil and I'll be set.
              Definitely worth the purchase - it's much lighter than olive oil. It's become my go to oil these days.

Comment

Definitely worth the purchase - it's much lighter than olive oil. It's become my go to oil these days.
                Lighter than canola oil? That tends to be the lightweight oil of choice around my place.
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                  Lighter than canola oil? That tends to be the lightweight oil of choice around my place.
                  It's heavier in saturated and polyunsaturated fats, but drastically lower in monounsaturated fats. (info). I like the taste better and it doesn't feel as "oily" if that makes sense.

Comment

I like the taste better and it doesn't feel as "oily" if that makes sense.
                    So that's what the kids are calling it these days, huh 'ewe?

Outta the park.

Comment

I had a crappy day. Wine won't fix the problem, but it's helping me get through tonight.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        I had a crappy day. Wine won't fix the problem, but it's helping me get through tonight.
                        Good, we can drink together. (not a particularly bad day, but I'm reducing some of the alcohol stocks around here)

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          Hi Lodgers, looks like I'm back on the air Saturday afternoon.

Giddy up.
                          Beat Harvard!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                            Good, we can drink together. (not a particularly bad day, but I'm reducing some of the alcohol stocks around here)
                            Had an after work Team Building Exercise at B-Dub's.

Only had one, but now I'm having another at home.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Instead of showering, I dirtied up some dishes. Made spinach ravioli (from a frozen bag) and created a sauce of sauteed walnuts, garlic, basil, oregano, and French thyme in some grapeseed oil.
                              Nice. You can put that spinach+walnuts+butter/cream+parmesan combo on just about anything.
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Had an after work Team Building Exercise at B-Dub's.

Only had one, but now I'm having another at home.
                                What's on tap there?

I had a Snowstorm earlier, and now I'm working on a bottle of mead I'd picked up in Iron River, WI, and forgotten to take out of the car until now. Cork popped out due to freezing, so I figured it was time to consume it.

Comment

Working...
                                X