Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Of course that would be over 600 on today's re-centered scale.
    Is "re-centering" a PC term for a curve?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Is "re-centering" a PC term for a curve?
      Essentially. http://professionals.collegeboard.co...valence-tables
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I Hope Rpi Brings Some Fans Unlike When Unions 20 Come To Rpi
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I think Union will have a few more fans coming to their Schenectady ring, since they are number 1 right now. It will probably be a sell out. Good thing it's on TV.
          It should be an awesome game, with RPI coming out on top of course
          Hopefully the Zamboni works this year
          I wasn't at the last RPI-Union game at Union, but do their fans still throw stuff on the ice, getting their team a delay of game call.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            It's been said several times before, but it would be great if both teams make it to Albany and sell out the building the last year that the tourney is there.
            yeah too bad we couldn't have done that a bit earlier so it didn't go away

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
              I think Union will have a few more fans coming to their Schenectady ring, since they are number 1 right now. It will probably be a sell out. Good thing it's on TV.
              It should be an awesome game, with RPI coming out on top of course
              Hopefully the Zamboni works this year
              I wasn't at the last RPI-Union game at Union, but do their fans still throw stuff on the ice, getting their team a delay of game call.
              Thanks for reminding me about "Orangegate" . What a nightmare that was. They haven't done that lately thank goodness, but if I recall correctly, security does do a rudimentary search of fans as they enter for RPI games.

Comment

No more oranges. That was before my time apparently.

RPI will truly be motivated to beat Union this time. The last two losses they had to Union this season were in heartbreaking fashion (just like the Union loss to RPI was in the first meeting in October). Also, Union is now #13 in every poll so RPI has probably seen that and will have that extra motivation going for them as well.

Should be an awesome game!
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                  Also, Union is now #13 in every poll so RPI has probably seen that and will have that extra motivation going for them as well.
                  (blank stare)

Oh wait, you were serious about that.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

RPI will truly be motivated to beat Union this time. The last two losses they had to Union this season were in heartbreaking fashion (just like the Union loss to RPI was in the first meeting in October). Also, Union is now #13 in every poll so RPI has probably seen that and will have that extra motivation going for them as well.

oh my god, guys, guys, look! He thinks polls matter.
                    The color of illusion is perfect blue
                    Chase: What Matters.

Comment

and by every poll, you mean 2?

Comment

And PWR which is obviously pretty **** important. And if you don't think the players check out the polls, you're just dead wrong.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

You're right, PWR (and moreso KRACH) is very important, far more important than a poll ever will or could be. Though in the end, these numbers don't really mean much yet, In years pas USCHO hasn't even released their PWR numbers till midway through this month. They don't mean much until february and march.

Comment

And if you don't think the players check out the polls, you're just dead wrong.
                            And if you don't think they forget about them 5 seconds after they stop looking at them, you're UnionHockeyManiac.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              I don't disagree with this, but IF both schools stay on a roll then the casual or band wagon fans will start paying attention and will bump the attendance numbers for the remaining home games. IF both teams were to magically appear in the finals, logistically, it's a lot easier for the casual fan from the Cap. Dist. to make a last minute decision to attend than it is for say a Cornell or Harvard fan (does Harvard have fans?)
                              Knowing our luck, that will happen. Or worse, they'd meet in a first or second round series.

This has to be one of the most anticipated games between these two in a while. I don't think there was ever a time when both teams were playing as well as they are right now. I think the motivation for both teams comes from needing/wanting two points in the standings more so than to beat each other.
                              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                                ...I think the motivation for both teams comes from needing/wanting two points in the standings more so than to beat each other.
                                I think its a lot of BOTH. No lack of motivation for either team... Ought to be a dandy! I've got my tix.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X