Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Smile RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Might as well get this started.

I say again to Union fans - you were in first place when the New Year started, and for cause.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Might as well get this started.

I say again to Union fans - you were in first place when the New Year started, and for cause.
    With leadership also comes great responsibility. We can neither crow about being in first place or "owning" our brethren from Troy. If we do, we'll probably be entitled to neither. I really wish we didn't have to play each other so many times this season. May the next meeting be in Albany in March.

I miss Tie Domi

Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

Quote Originally Posted by Wholin1 View Post
    ...I really wish we didn't have to play each other 5 times this season. May the next meeting be in Albany in March.
    Totally agree. 3x is more than enough. Ought to be a great battle on the 16th.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

We can neither crow about being in first place or "owning" our brethren from Troy.
    Tell that to your cohorts.

May the next meeting be in Albany in March.
    In the title game, with both teams turning their backs on Steve Hagwell before the trophy presentation.

Mushroom Cloud-Laying Mofo GreatLakerMohawk's Avatar

Exclamation Re: RPI @ Union (1/16): in which Union fans crow about being in 1st and "owning" RPI

In the title game, with both teams turning their backs on Steve Hagwell before the trophy presentation.
    *******https://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif********
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    QFT
    Quantum Field Theory?

Quantum Field Theory?
    QFT means either Quoted For Truth or Quit ****ing Talking. Which one it is depends on the context. As I've never heard Ralph utter a real swear or express any love for Steve Hagwell, I'm going with the former.

QFT means either Quoted For Truth or Quit ****ing Talking. Which one it is depends on the context. As I've never heard Ralph utter a real swear or express any love for Steve Hagwell, I'm going with the former.
    Actually I knew that, but had to google the acronym. I thought maybe Ralph was trying to make an "Engineer" out of me being a Shirley Jackson devotee.

Banned

Actually I knew that, but had to google the acronym. I thought maybe Ralph was trying to make an "Engineer" out of me being a Shirley Jackson devotee.
    Last time I checked, he calls it RPI, not a Communiversity. "AH, MOTHERLAND!" -End of the 'Tute

I actually swear a lot, just not on line. You did correctly figure out what I meant by QFT.

I miss Tie Domi

That is the one and only scenario where I would be happy to participate in Cornell's newspaper greeting...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Union Hockey fan for life

If the first three games are any indication of what this game will be like, then it will be quite a battle. Whenever these two teams play, it is always exciting.

Game 1: 4-3 RPI in OT
    Game 2: 5-4 Union in OT
    Game 3: 5-4 Union
    Game 4: ???

I'm expecting a huge crowd this Saturday. FINALLY there is a lot of buzz on campus about the hockey team and I'm sure the usual contingent of RPI fans will make the short trip.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Thinking of going. Have to be in Schenectady on Wednesday anyway, maybe I'll stick around.
    Mileage logged, 2005-06: 12759

Quote Originally Posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    If the first three games are any indication of what this game will be like, then it will be quite a battle. Whenever these two teams play, it is always exciting.

Game 1: 4-3 RPI in OT
    Game 2: 5-4 Union in OT
    Game 3: 5-4 Union
    Game 4: ???
    From symmetry 4-3 RPI

8 points for the Capital District.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    8 points for the Capital District.
    Fear the Capital District. We may be the most formidable duo in the league, finally.

Thus, this weekend's game reminds me of a little ditty.

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
    Once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
    Never begins it, never, but once engaged...
    Never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

So be it
    Threaten no more
    To secure peace is to prepare for war
    So be it
    Settle the score
    Touch me again for the words that you'll hear evermore...

Don't tread on me

I Still bleed RPI Red

This will be a war-2 of the better teams in the league that have already played 3 times and know each other well. Should be quite a game. Go Red!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Barring some kind of practice injury, this will be the first of these four games that has RPI at 100% - has Union been at 100% yet? I know they had a bunch of suspensions for the tournament game.

Barring some kind of practice injury, this will be the first of these four games that has RPI at 100% - has Union been at 100% yet? I know they had a bunch of suspensions for the tournament game.
    I think Boileau or someone else may have missed a game due to illness, but that's about it.

Thread Information