2010 Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup: The 'Banks vs. The 'Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup: The 'Banks vs. The 'Rage

Thanks to the petulant whining of Alaska Hockey, I present the 2010 Governor's Cup Thread between Fairbanks and Anchorage.

What's a Seawolf, U-A-Blank, etc etc.

57 more days until the puck drops at the Sully.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Re: 2010 Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup: The 'Banks vs. The 'Rage

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Thanks to the petulant whining of Alaska Hockey, I present the 2010 Governor's Cup Thread between Fairbanks and Anchorage.

What's a Seawolf, U-A-Blank, etc etc.

57 more days until the puck drops at the Sully.
    About time you did you job and posted the Governor’s Cup Thread. It will be reminiscent of New Years Eve when the Seawolves drop the ball on the Dump Bears and launch their fans back to rehab for an additional year.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      About time you did you job and posted the Governor’s Cup Thread. It will be reminiscent of New Years Eve when the Seawolves drop the ball on the Dump Bears and launch their fans back to rehab for an additional year.
      54 more days...that all you got?!
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

54 more days...that all you got?!
        Where are all the barmy mall rats? The bus should start it’s a balmy 19 in the ‘banks.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Where are all the barmy mall rats? The bus should start it’s a balmy 19 in the ‘banks.
          It's that warm up there in the frozen wasteland? I think UA_ is going to be better this year, in that they will actually put a puck in the net against UAA, something they failed to do twice last year. However, I think my Wolves will win the GOV CUP once again.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Where are all the barmy mall rats?
            Don't be rippin' on the Bentley Mall.

Comment

Don't be rippin' on the Bentley Mall.
              How can I rip a “tourist “Mall ….no chain link fence, no goodie grabbing greeter’s no freezer section in the wintry weather, but they do pride themselves in relation to, ……lay away, new stuff, and everything is clean and organized and they take legal tender ….. My kind of place.

Comment

How can I rip a “tourist “Mall ….no chain link fence, no goodie grabbing greeter’s no freezer section in the wintry weather, but they do pride themselves in relation to, ……lay away, new stuff, and everything is clean and organized and they take legal tender ….. My kind of place.
                Did you just describe Drive-by err Dimond Center?!

Comment

Did you just describe Drive-by err Dimond Center?!
                  Take the guess work out of reading "Alaska Hockey's" posts...use the third book from the right. The other titles are just for your reading pleasure.
                  *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SeawolfBookshelf.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    Take the guess work out of reading "Alaska Hockey's" posts...use the third book from the right. The other titles are just for your reading pleasure.
                    *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SeawolfBookshelf.jpg******
                    The Library workforce in the ‘banks said the most checked out book is the first one, always a waiting list but hardly used due to the lack of pictures.

Comment

I might fly to Fairbanks to watch the wolves get the trophy...

I wonder if I can get routed from JNU to fairbanks with a nice layover in anchorage with enough time to watch the game at the sulli

Comment

If the Seawolves can't beat these guys....:

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Xt2yHCgwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Xt2yHCgwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Xt2yHCgwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2Xt2yHCgwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">
                          LOL. Don't worry, the Seawolves will retain the GOV CUP for the 4th straight year. And that video is almost as stupid as the UAA "mascot". Bring back Sparky!
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

40 days and a wake up
                            Better fire up the Burn barrels and send out some smoke signals, or beat on your cabin mate’s least favorite junk car that adorns your front yard to rally the “dump bears” because the war is closer than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Sensational video. Why don't the Gophers have a video like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X