Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Battle for the Cappo Cup, pt 1: NMU @ LSSU

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
    I've never found LSSU fans to be overly aggressive. I went to several games there when I was a student and the crowds were pretty lame.

It could have had something to do with the fact that we always beat them...

Now Tech fans on the other hand...
    Yea? Well these aren't the Lakers that you saw in your college days, as they displayed tonight by winning 5-1. I was planning on giving a detailed rundown of the game, especially for those who weren't there; however there's no need to say anything other than the Lakers completely dominated the 'Cats in every facet of the game. I would also like to add that I was the only person to correctly pick Phil Fox for PtC, and that both of my picks ( Fox and Nehring) scored goals....it's a great night to be a Laker

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
      HAHAHAHA.....

The people I'm coming with and myself are going to be loud and proud..
      Hmmm...you must mean Saturday night, because you sure weren't there tonight

Rick Schofield says "Hi"

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
        What's the point of going if you can't cheer for your team? And your excuse of that just being their atmosphere is ridiculous. There's no excuse for how they treat visiting fans that are vocal about supporting their team.
        Not knowing the exact happenings, I am being general. If you treat them respectfully, I've had no problems with their fans. The only trouble I've had was I started making comments that, looking back, probably were pretty stupid.

NMU had few if any redeeming qualities tonight. Offense didn't click, defense didn't do well, pk had problems, pp looked poor.

I will say that they had enough fire to start getting ****ed that they were down 5-0 against a rival. Time to get up against your rivals this year Cats.
        Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
          Hmmm...you must mean Saturday night, because you sure weren't there tonight

Rick Schofield says "Hi"
          Yeah, I'm actually pretty glad I chose tomorrow night instead of tonight. Chances are we won't get swept against a rival, but then again they played poorly tonight.

These are games we should be winning; we cannot make the NCAA's if we play poorly against team like Lake St. when we are borderline in/out as I see us being most of the year. It's time for the team to step up and play like a team who deserves to be in the tourney.
          Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
          M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually pretty glad I chose tomorrow night instead of tonight. Chances are we won't get swept against a rival, but then again they played poorly tonight.

These are games we should be winning; we cannot make the NCAA's if we play poorly against team like Lake St. when we are borderline in/out as I see us being most of the year. It's time for the team to step up and play like a team who deserves to be in the tourney.
            Not to be rude but i think NMU fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, LSSU is 9-7-3 and currently in 5th place in the CCHA and i can tell you for a fact that the NCAA tournament hasn't been brought up a single time this year on our team's thread....yet NMU is 6-7-4 and in 6th place and your fans talk about it as if it will be a big shock if the 'Cats don't make they tourney...if you tried having more realistic expectations for your team maybe members of your fan base wouldn't be calling for your coaches head 2-3 times a month. " Broderline in or out"??? Try having a record above .500 for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
              Not to be rude but i think NMU fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, LSSU is 9-7-3 and currently in 5th place in the CCHA and i can tell you for a fact that the NCAA tournament hasn't been brought up a single time this year on our team's thread....yet NMU is 6-7-4 and in 6th place and your fans talk about it as if it will be a big shock if the 'Cats don't make they tourney...if you tried having more realistic expectations for your team maybe members of your fan base wouldn't be calling for your coaches head 2-3 times a month. " Broderline in or out"??? Try having a record above .500 for starters.
              I think making the NCAA's is a realistic expectation for this team every year.

Expectations are a tricky thing. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves yet. Long time to go yet.

Plus not much other than Frank and Francis Anzalone has been brought up on your thread.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

I expect this team to make the NCAA's each and every season. If you don't then what is the point of following your team?

The problem with most of the posters on this board (especially the current students or ones that just recently graduated) is that they ACCEPT this team playing mediocrly and they are OKAY with just going to the JOE.

Those of us that have experienced an NCAA tournament with NMU playing in it think differently...
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Comparing these two teams based on records is horse****. NMU comes in with the 7th hardest schedule in college hockey, with LSCC having the 32nd. Until this week the team has only played 3 games against unranked opponents, and one against a team that isn't a TUC. You should try and have a fundamental understanding of hockey before you spew your insolent garbage on here. The only thing LScc has on Northern is one point in the standings thanks to a weak beginning of the year schedule, and a lashing tonight. Before tonight's win NMU was 14th (I believe) in the RPI which puts them literally on the bubble, while LSCC sits in a distant 25th AFTER tonight's win.
                  Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                    I think making the NCAA's is a realistic expectation for this team every year.

Expectations are a tricky thing. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves yet. Long time to go yet.

Plus not much other than Frank and Francis Anzalone has been brought up on your thread.
                    All that Anzalone garbage was no doing of mine, as I'm sure you know by now...and as far as the NCAA tournament goes, sure every fan wants to see their team make it every year and I'm sure for those who were at NMU when they did make a tourney probably do hold the school to a higher standard than current students....but to truly expect the 'Cats to make a tournament when they are under .500 at Christmas time is a little far fetched...

Comment

All that Anzalone garbage was no doing of mine, as I'm sure you know by now...and as far as the NCAA tournament goes, sure every fan wants to see their team make it every year and I'm sure for those who were at NMU when they did make a tourney probably do hold the school to a higher standard than current students....but to truly expect the 'Cats to make a tournament when they are under .500 at Christmas time is a little far fetched...
                      Once again you show no understanding of how tournament candidates are selected. Look at the RPI and tell me NMU is far out of the running. We are currently significantly ahead of a certain team that has an inflated record due to beating up on your BGSU's and Canisius's while losing/tying Western. Do you not remember the squad's we had the last two year's after having dismal starts? Look at the rest of our schedule and tell me you think we are going to end the season under 500. For someone that talks a lot on a hockey website it seems as though you may have some type of sub-par education....oh wait you went to ____!
                      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

Once again you show no understanding of how tournament candidates are selected. Look at the RPI and tell me NMU is far out of the running. We are currently significantly ahead of a certain team that has an inflated record due to beating up on your BGSU's and Canisius's while losing/tying Western.
                        If you call being ahead by two spots in the PWR and RPI significant, then yeah...

PairWise Rankings
                        RPI Rankings
                        Michigan Hockey Net
                        Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Once again you show no understanding of how tournament candidates are selected. Look at the RPI and tell me NMU is far out of the running. We are currently significantly ahead of a certain team that has an inflated record due to beating up on your BGSU's and Canisius's while losing/tying Western. Do you not remember the squad's we had the last two year's after having dismal starts? Look at the rest of our schedule and tell me you think we are going to end the season under 500. For someone that talks a lot on a hockey website it seems as though you may have some type of sub-par education....oh wait you went to ____!
                          As far as all of the RPI and PWR stuff and not understanding how everything is selected i do quite well...apparently you don't as M-HockeyNet's post can prove quite easily. As far as being ahead of a Lake State team who has "beat up on the BGSU's and Canisius"..don't forget we've also beaten UNO on the road and Alaska....and last night we beat some team from Marquette 5-1 ....But as I have been trying to point out, LSSU and NMU have very similar resume's right now, yet one fan base appears as though it will be a huge newsflash if their team doesn't make the dance....I Just don't see where your overly optimistic reasoning is coming from ( although i do admire it lol).

Comment

As far as all of the RPI and PWR stuff and not understanding how everything is selected i do quite well...apparently you don't as M-HockeyNet's post can prove quite easily. As far as being ahead of a Lake State team who has "beat up on the BGSU's and Canisius"..don't forget we've also beaten UNO on the road and Alaska....and last night we beat some team from Marquette 5-1 ....But as I have been trying to point out, LSSU and NMU have very similar resume's right now, yet one fan base appears as though it will be a huge newsflash if their team doesn't make the dance....I Just don't see where your overly optimistic reasoning is coming from ( although i do admire it lol).
                            Because when you get to the Joe 6 out of 7 years, or whatever it is, fan bases get larger expectations. The NCAA goal for NMU is more realistic next season, in my opinion.

NMU has one of the larger "fair weather" fans base, apart from USCHO. If I hear one more student cry about wanting a penalty when our player is legally checked or taken out of the play...I going to punch them. But hey, at least we fill our arena...somewhat.

NMU lost to a Community College in Hockey. Its kind of a sad day
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Gus must be doing better with his English to get that 10-minute last night. If he got it for talking he needs to say whatever he said in Swedish next time.

Also, according to collegehockeystats.com, Follmer played on the wing of the fourth line last night. I wonder if that will continue.

After that performance, I'd rather have him play D instead of Fernandez and have Maltese in the lineup. I also like Nugent, and would like to see him get in.

P.S. I thought Schofield's first goal was a PP goal. All box scores I have looked at have the penalty on Dorich and Schofield's goal happening at 4:20 of the 1st. I remember it happening about 10 seconds into the PP. One box score has it credited as a PP goal, while two do not.

5-6 [04:20] Penalty on Alan Dorich NMU 2 minutes for O-TRIPPING, (power play opp).
                              5-6 PP LSSU [04:20] Start power play for LSSU.
                              5-6 PP LSSU Faceoff Matt Butcher vs Rick Schofield won by LSSU.
                              5-6 PP LSSU Shot by LSSU Matt Cowie MISSED, save Brian Stewart.
                              5-6 PP LSSU Shot by LSSU Chad Nehring MISSED, save Brian Stewart.
                              6-6 PP LSSU [04:20] GOAL by LSSU Rick Schofield (FIRST GOAL) (POWER-PLAY), Assist by Matt
                              Cowie and Simon Gysbers, On ice for LSSU: Zac MacVoy; Rick Schofield; Simon
                              Gysbers; Chad Nehring; Matt Cowie, On ice for NMU: Ray Kaunisto; Matt Butcher;
                              TJ Miller; Erik Gustafsson, goal number 7 for season.
                              ???
                              Last edited by nmu_27; 12-12-2009, 12:31 PM.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Just looking at the play-by-play from the NMU Sports stats page, the only thing I can think of is that Stewie got ran after making a save and Gus took exception to it.

My only other guess is Brian Aaron or Keith Sergott knows Swedish.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X