Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Recruits

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    who said BC is arrogant.....
    "BC is an arrogant program, always has been, always will be."

you did

Comment

This arrogance thing is dumb, any fanbase, no matter what their previous history of success, can become arrogant with overwhelming success. See the Patriots and Red Sox, ask around the NFL Pats fans are perceived as arrogant. Doesn't mean they all are, but anytime there is success you are going to get prideful fans who display their pride in a sometimes perceived arrogant way. When you get down to it, those calling out arrogance are jealous. It's human nature.
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

agreed. it is more perception than reality..

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
          This arrogance thing is dumb, any fanbase, no matter what their previous history of success, can become arrogant with overwhelming success. See the Patriots and Red Sox, ask around the NFL Pats fans are perceived as arrogant. Doesn't mean they all are, but anytime there is success you are going to get prideful fans who display their pride in a sometimes perceived arrogant way. When you get down to it, those calling out arrogance are jealous. It's human nature.
          i agree

Comment

Best post in this thread. Ever have a conversation with a Yankee fan? Arrogance is in the eye of the second place finisher.
            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Tell that to the Northeastern players or the players who played for him at U Maine. They are blindly loyal to him. BC coach is a class act times ten but I would bet 50 to 1 that Northeastern players have more interaction and a closer relationship to him than the BC players do to their head coach.
              They will say good things about him while they are playing for him but talk to them after the leave. Responses will run about 50/50. Not many people have bad words about York.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                What does this even mean?
                It means that Cronin screams at them 50 times more than BC players are screamed at by Jerry York.

Comment

According to this blog post, Mitch Macmillan has de-committed from Northeastern, and is moving on to St. Cloud State.

http://hammersdogs.blogspot.com/2010...ommits-to.html

Comment

Originally posted by citydog View Post
                    According to this blog post, Mitch Macmillan has de-committed from Northeastern, and is moving on to St. Cloud State.

http://hammersdogs.blogspot.com/2010...ommits-to.html
                    Ha. Well, that worked out well. You get a decommitment from elsewhere, and have a decommitment of your own a few days later.

Mitch Macmillan: "Once a dog, always a dog."
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Ha. Well, that worked out well. You get a decommitment from elsewhere, and have a decommitment of your own a few days later.

Mitch Macmillan: "Once a dog, always a dog."
                      Hopefully we got the better end of the exchange, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

CF will be a very good player, will be very good and is better than the kid who just left
                        If Cronin cared that much he would have made it work. Awfull lucky, wink, wink, to have that money for CF

he will score goals

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                          Hopefully we got the better end of the exchange, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
                          you probably did given the particulars..........

Comment

CF will be a very good player, will be very good and is better than the kid who just left
                            If Cronin cared that much he would have made it work. Awfull lucky, wink, wink, to have that money for CF

he will score goals
                            Over the long-term, yah, the short-term, I wouldn't think so. Depends on how long CF stays in school.

Comment

im not happy, but not sad about this, my thoughts are that a week ago if you had told me we'd lose macmillan for a kid like ferriero, id be fine with that. id be more dissapointed if we didnt have a ton of depth at forward, but we do so we can survive.
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena
                              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

im not happy, but not sad about this, my thoughts are that a week ago if you had told me we'd lose macmillan for a kid like ferriero, id be fine with that. id be more dissapointed if we didnt have a ton of depth at forward, but we do so we can survive.
                                While we do have depth, I was still hoping both Ferriero and MacMillan would get enough playing time to justify benching a certain upperclassmen or two.
                                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Working...
                                X